What Aggravates You The Most ???

by minimus 84 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    I can't stand it when people do not pronounce their INGS and instead finish those words with in'. "Talkin', eatin', typin'"....I hate that!...

LOL, Minimum! High 5's, Little Witch! Min, are you insistin' that I talk your talk and walk your walk in order to be acceptable to you? Don't make me pull your finger, chere!

Cheers yall!

Frannie B

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

A tailor? What they need to know I "dress" on the right here before I get re-instated??

Scott.....hanging low Snax

• toreador
    toreador

Feeling a little grumpy Scooby? If you are a good boy we maybe can let you up a rung on the totem pole.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I'm so laid back that not much aggravates me. The biggest reaction someone is likely to get out of me is a raised eyebrow. The few things that are likely to provoke me are self-absorption, dishonesty, arrogance, and excessive rudeness. When I do finally lose my temper it's not pretty but it happens so infrequently that I'm usually forgiven for it.

~Aztec

• Mum
    Mum

Minimus, I took a linguistics course some years ago and a speech course, too. In both classes, we learned about the international phonetic alphabet (IPA). The "g" in the "-ing" suffix is not really pronounced, but more like hinted at. The IPA has a special symbol for the "ng" sound which is pronounced by blending (for want of a better description) of the "n" and "g" phonemes.

As long as we're venting, my pet peeves are people who hurt others intentionally and those who don't wash their hands after using the restroom or soiling their hands some other way. Disgusting!

Regards,

Mum/SandraC

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

Toreador....thats just it. I try to be a good boy. I try.

It still doesn't get me re-instated here. I think I mentioned the un-mentionables here. Thats my crime.

Its all very silly. And I don't wonder at the mods as much as I wonder at Simon.

Simon....are you still there? I asked you to get me back on line a while ago, the mods tell me you are busy with children and flu/illness etc.....but that was 4 weeks ago. Hope you are feeling better. Now what about getting me back on? It only takes a click of your keyboard surely....... I'll await a reply from you.

• chachasmum
    chachasmum

People who whistle, crack gum, talk on cell phones in public places annoy me no end.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    The shortness of life.Ken P.

Ken, now that is one that was worth mentioning. I second that.

I can't stand it when people do not pronounce their INGS and instead finish those words with in'. "Talkin', eatin', typin'"....I hate that!

No matter how articulate and well educated you are, if you are from the South, you are probably going to drop your g's a good bit of the time. I do. Not on purpose, but I do. I'd probably irritate the heck out of you, Minimus. It wouldn't be intentional though. I sound like I come from the South. I'm not ashamed.

Pettiness. Cattiness. I don't like cattiness in men or women.

Heather

• minimus
    minimus

I like talking on my cellphone while I drive, Valis.

• Valis
    Valis

I hate drivin round peeps like you minimus! *LOL* Man it is just so dangerous and you sometimes thing people are drunk cuz they are drivin so screwed up...Dude on my way to tattoo convention there was a guy eatin a sandwich, talkin on the phone and tailgaitin all t' same time. It gets scary, especially when I ride my motorcycle.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit