America: North America - The Difference: BRITS READ UP!

by RAYZORBLADE 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Celtic
    Celtic

Celtic is well aware of the boundaries of the ruddy States, streuth.

To muppetdom and cantankerousness.

Celt

• Sassy
    Sassy

I used to live (although in the US), not that far from the Canadian border... and also I worked with a lot of Canadians.. so I know how to say eh! I have also canoed up in the B.W.C.A. (Boundary Waters Canoe Area).

One thing that gets really frustrating for us in the US is that everyone thinks we are all the same. Look at the land mass? The US is made up of more than 1 state here and some states are much larger than many other countries. There are so many different cultures and lifestyles right here in the US. We are so diverse and yet those who have not been to many of the different parts of the US, seem to lump us into one judgement of who and what we are about.. The US is made up really of all of you.. my ancestors came from the Scandanavien Countries, my first husband's came from Germany and Ireland..

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I thought Canada was British

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Oh what now Aztec?

Geez....

Anyways, when you get back to Michigan, on your next border crossing, bring some of those chili bean thingamajigs with ya.

Yes, it's true about Kraft Dinner, that's what we call it, and I've baffled my friends overseas with this one.

Do I have an accent?

Anyone who has met me, dare to comment.

(in advance, it is said I sound 'eastern/Atlantic' Canadian)

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

Isn't a Canadian just an American without a gun?

• Aztec
    Aztec

Yes Ray, you have an accent but, it's very cute! It was wrong of me to lump all Canadian accents together as there is a wide variety of them. I promise that after I pick up some chili beans I'll make some veggie enchiladas just for you okay?

CG, LOL!

~Aztec

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

*cough* - If one were to tell me the type of chili beans they need, I might be so inclined to ship up a crate of them *cough*

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

But how many North Americans know the difference between England, Scotland Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom - and so on

• shamus
    shamus

Stilla,

We just lump ya's all in together. You silly Irishmen with your ladies kilts... LOL!

• Aztec
    Aztec

*cough* Bush's hot chili beans *cough*

England, Scotalnd Wales, Northern Irealnd, Ireland, The British Isles, Great Britain, The United Kingdom - and so on

Ummm, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales and the British Isles are all part of the UK? Am I right? Ireland is autonamous I think. Am I at least close?

Shamus, you're such a nut!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit