America: North America - The Difference: BRITS READ UP!

by RAYZORBLADE 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

I like to be thought of as English rather than British, after all ve are ze master race, are ve not?

Re Canada, I can usually tell the difference between a Canadian and US accent as I can Kiwi and OZ, but that's probably because I have good friends in these countries.

Englishman.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sirona:
    It's a Scottish thing. We get called English so often, by the [YANKS!!!], that it starts to grate.
    It probably grates the [YANKS!!!] as much that they are refered to as "YANKS", instead of citizens of the USA.

• Xena
    Xena

I'm NOT a YANK damnit! I'm a TEXAN!

• shamus
    shamus

I just wish Amerika would invade Canada already and get it over with! I want British Columbia to be called North Washington! I'm also looking forward to the new currency!

I'm voting for Bush again! I rock!

• Englishman
    Englishman

Yeah..don't mess with Texas!

I even have pants with that written on the waistband..

Englishman.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Xena:I can't have been talking about Texas - it's a country in it's own right

Eman:You got a pair of those, too?

• Xena
    Xena

Glad to see we got that straightened out

to my favorite Scot & favorite E-man, now wear those shorts with PRIDE men!

• Aztec
    Aztec

Oh the differances between the US and Canada are vast when you spend some time in the one that is not your normal home. I can't find chili beans to save my life and everytime I ask a Canuck about them they respond with "do you mean kidney beans?" Who puts kidney beans in chili? They refer to macaroni and cheese as Kraft dinner. They wear toques, and eat back bacon. I can't even find Vernor's here (the best ginger ale they can come up with is Canada Dry ). Not to mention their accent is akin to the bleating of a lamb...LOL! Mazda is pronounced Maaazda and pasta, paaasta. Their money is wacky. They have loonies and twonies (or is it toonies...someone pass the Canadians a dictionary...LOL). It's like being in a foreign country! You know why? It is a foreign country.

However, for all the differances, the US and Canada are more alike than differant. We both drive on the right (and I do mean correct ) side of the road. Despite the differant accents we usually can converse through Hockey. And, well, we Americans love our Northern brethren.

So, all toques aside, I think we have it pretty good here in North America. Other parts of the world may not get our subtle differances but we do and we appreciate them.

~Aztec

• neverthere
    neverthere

LittleToe, I totally get that about the Scottish thing, you see I am a Scottish Canadian. When people ask if I come from the UK I remind them that I am Scottish, not English (no dis meant to those English here) but there IS a difference in the two!

As for being CANADIAN, I feel I must add, for those who don't know

1. We don't live in igloos year round, they melt during our very short summer! (At this point we sew our touques together for tents!)

2. While in our summer months we drink beer, lots of beer, gallons and gallons of the finest canadian beer. In the winter it is beersicles, they are almost as good and don't go flat when we put them down for a few minutes

3. And most of all we have to say eh! It is a requirement to live here, if you don't say it enough our Prime Minister throws us out of the country!

LOL so there!!! (ROFLMAO)

Diana

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Rayzor! Brrrrrr! You guys just sent us some of dat dere cold! It's now a nice, frosty, 10 degrees here in CT! Factoring in the wind chill it's 5. By Saturday night it will be 0! Horrifying!

Terri

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit