America: North America - The Difference: BRITS READ UP!

by RAYZORBLADE 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Aztec
    Aztec

See, Aunthill knows what I'm talking about. They're preseasoned and they're awesome! Canadian's have to do everything the hard way.

I will admit that Canadians have much better beer!

~Aztec who's full of something but it ain't beans

• shera
    shera

Azzie,you should hear Newfoundlanders and peeps from capebreton.Some Newfies,talk to fast and their accent is so thick.

I don't have an accent Do I? I talk like a Nova Scotianer.EH?

• Aztec
    Aztec

Heehee Shera, I've already been warned about Newfies. LOL! I wouldn't know if you had an accent or not. You didn't open your mouth enough... Okay, you do have a slight accent but it's cute.

~Aztec

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

it's very much the same as when people refer to the United Kingdom or Great Britain as England.

i always use U.S. rather than america as i'm well aware of what you say Razor.

• shamus
    shamus

Some Newfies scare me... they have some weird drink that they have to have whenever they go out to a bar here...

"AAARRR... YA GOT ANY SKCHIPAZCHE? What's skchipazche? Oh, it's beer, you dumbass!"

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

yeah, thanks, razor, for the damned cold! -15 wind chill here this morning! brrrrrrrr

I can't find chili beans to save my life and everytime I ask a Canuck about them they respond with "do you mean kidney beans?" Who puts kidney beans in chili?

aztec...I love kidney beans, and always put them in my chili. I tried the "pre-flavored" chili beans, but it's so much better from scratch! I didn't know people made chili without them! Maybe it's a "southern" USA thing. I'm originally from Maine, where the accent is so thick, you can't understand it, but moved to South Carolina, where the accents are so thick you can't understand them!!! I learned to make chili in the south. Also kidney bean salad. It's awesome.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Tat, I like kidney beans but I miss my chili beans like crazy!

http://www.bushbeans.com/products/otherbeans.jsp

Maybe I'm just lazy or maybe they put something in the sauce that I can't quite put my finger on but, these things are awesome in enchilada's and chili. I prefer the hot...LOL!

~Aztec

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Being from Arkansas, I'm not going to dwell on accents and how people talk. But I have to ask:

What's up with Canadians saying "aboot" when they really mean "about?"

Just wondering, that's all.

CountryGuy

• Aztec
    Aztec

CG, it's an accent. Accent:

1. The relative prominence of a particular syllable of a word by greater intensity or by variation or modulation of pitch or tone.
    2. Vocal prominence or emphasis given to a particular syllable, word, or phrase.
    3. A characteristic pronunciation, especially:
    4. One determined by the regional or social background of the speaker.
    5. One determined by the phonetic habits of the speaker's native language carried over to his or her use of another language.

As much as I tease the Canucks I've still got their back...LOL! No one picks on my Canadians but me.

~Aztec

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Laying the sarcasm down, CountryGuy backs away from the "Makeing Fun of Canadian Accents" Bar.

"I'll come back soon!" he shouts. "And when I do, your fancy "u's" in COLOUR and FAVOURITE will be sorry! Darn that Aztec! I never saw her coming!"

(Just kidding to all my Canadian friends! You know I love ya more'n my luggage!)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit