America: North America - The Difference: BRITS READ UP!

by RAYZORBLADE 70 Replies latest jw friends

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    They refer to macaroni and cheese as Kraft dinner.

Ummmmmmmmm...... That's what it says on the box! I'll show ya!

Not to mention their accent is akin to the bleating of a lamb...LOL!

From this moment on, let it be known that all English speaking people have accents EXCEPT for Michiganites.

BTW, Anyone know where I can find the Laaaaaadge Freeway?

Walter

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Little Toe, considering how much research and reading I've done on Scotland because I think the people are so fascinating, I am one "Yank" who knows the difference between English and Scottish people.............mentally, when I think English, I think Prince Dumbo Charles............Scottish, I think, kilts, red hair, bagpipes.....................and don't anybody go telling me that Charles has Scottish in him................ewwww....

Terri

• dottie
    dottie
    Mazda is pronounced Maaazda and pasta, paaasta.

LMAO!!!! This is a constant question from Will...that and "what's with all the "u's" in your words like colour?"

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Anyone know where I can find the Laaaaaadge Freeway?

Ahem, as mentioned before, it's the Canadian's and their sympathisers who pronounce it that way and for some reason project their accent onto others. Yes, us Michiganians have no accent whatsoever!

Dottie, I wouldn't have noticed it if it hadn't been for the newscasters, all of whom seem to dwell somewhere just North of North Dakota. If I have to hear one more comment on paaaasta I think I'm gonna run screaming all the way to Detroit. Not barefoot of course cause it's too damn cold here.

~Aztec

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

And........................Canadians have to put up with ignorant Americans in the USA trying to speak their school girl French to them! Not all Canadians speak FRENCH! I find it so funny that so many of us here in the US let that one small province speak for all of Canada..........and, those crazy Quebecquois want to cecede(sp?) from Canada anyways!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

Ok, here's the link for Kraft Dinner!!!

http://www.kraftdinner.com

Walter

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Aztec:

I can't find chili beans to save my life

Won't find them in a bean encyclopedia either. Probably some murican slang version of a real bean

and everytime I ask a Canuck about them they respond with "do you mean kidney beans?" Who puts kidney beans in chili?

Light Red Kidney Beans

Large, kidney-shaped bean. Robust, full-bodied flavor and soft texture.

Cooking Time: 1-1/2 to 2 hours.

Comments: Also called Mexican Bean.

Uses: Most often used in chili; popular in salads and with rice.

I've never heard of "chili" beans, and I think you're full of it. Beans that is !

xjw_b12 full-time Canuck

• aunthill
    aunthill

Love my Hunt's "Chili Beans" 'cause they're already seasoned. Hunt's "Small Red Beans" will do in a pinch, but you have to add extra seasoning!

Aunthill

• IronGland
    IronGland
    My experience has been that, most Brits consider anything over this way.....the other side of the Atlantic as: America. Thus to other nationalities within North America: that means: The U.S.A.

I see what you're saying, but the Northen part of N. America 'belongs' to Canada in the same way my Bedroom in my parents house when I was a child was 'My' room.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Hey. IronGland. Why don't you buzz off, and go kill a thread somewhere.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit