America: North America - The Difference: BRITS READ UP!

by RAYZORBLADE 70 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Europe is the continent, including France, Germany, the Netherlands, etc., etc., etc.

Britain = the Bristish Isles = Great Britain = GB = the United Kingdom = UK, which comprises the following countries:
    England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales.

Southern Ireland (Eire) is an independant country, also part of Europe.

Scotland and Ireland (the whole island) have kilts in their national dress, but are slightly different in style.
    They also have Gaelic as their ancient language, though these also differ (though reading them both is easier than speaking).

• Aztec
    Aztec

Gee, I kinda knew what Europe was. I was close on the rest. I betcha I could name most of the English counties as well. I have a mind for memorizing useless trivia.

~Aztec

• heyfea
    heyfea

Let me tell you something about the American Continent as a whole. Everyone born on this continent is an American.

Also, I assure you, the majority of the US born, do not give a crap about European countries, much less about the rest of their own American neighbors, from Canada all the way down to Argentina. We make fun or belittle every other country in the world. Yet, ironically, most of the rest of the world, worship Americans and everything American.

My two cents.

• Aztec
    Aztec
    Also, I assure you, the majority of the US born, do not give a crap about European countries, much less about the rest of their own American neighbors, from Canada all the way down to Argentina. We make fun or belittle every other country in the world. Yet, ironically, most of the rest of the world, worship Americans and everything American.

Wow, heyfea, you just managed to exemplify the typical American stereotype that so many of us Americans try to tell others isn't the norm. I don't think I've read many other posts that I found quite as arrogant or insipid. And yes, despite what my profile says, I am American.

~Aztec

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Heyfea:Yeah, what Aztec said...

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    My two cents.

Yep, that's about all the comment was worth.

Walter

• Aztec
    Aztec

I just thought of one more thing I like about Canada: Hockey on tv every night. Even if the Leafs got the sh*t kicked out of them last night by the Sens () I still like watching all the hockey. They even show my Red Wings once in a while.

~Aztec

• shamus
    shamus

heyfea,

Testify Brother! Wow!

From an igloo dweller....

• heyfea
    heyfea

Hey Aztec,

You missed the part where I mentioned MOST Americans. I'm happy you don't fit the profile. But from what I see, you don't live in the US.

I live in the capital of the world, the mega melting pot. I see day in and day out how, again, most Americans think of other people who were born in the American continent but not in the US. The other day, a lady in the subway called this little man (most likely from Mexico) a foreigner in a confrontation. I couldn't believe it. I thought, this man most have hundreds of generations on this continent, and yet, believe it or not, he was the foreigner. Amazing.

Anyway, these are things seen only by those of us who live here in the US.

I too am an American.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Just to clarify the use of the word "Yank"

To the world, a Yank is anyone from the United States.

To the United States, a Yank is someone north of the Mason Dixon line.

To the North, a Yank is someone from Vermont.

To Vermont, a Yank is someone who lives in the woods.

To the wood dwellers, a Yank is someone with an outhouse instead of a flush toilet.

This is where I stop.

CZAR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit