BUSH MOST ADMIRED MAN IN THE US

by Yerusalyim 183 Replies latest social current

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Perhaps it's because he's seen as a man of principle who doesn't live by polls

Yeru,

A "man of principle"? I'm sorry, but, what principles does he have that YOU are referring to? He is a wealthy Republican who cares NOTHING for our environment, for the planet we all call home. In my opinion, anyone who would willingly open the doors to destroy MY home is not a person of principle............ahhh, perhaps you mean "bad" principles? Sorry. Just MY opinion.

Terri

P.S. Dennis Kucinich lived in a car with his parents for awhile. They never owned a home. He wants to add a Dept. of Peace in the House of Reps. He wants to cut the Pentagon budget and offer Universal Health Care to everyone in the U.S. He wants America to become what it used to be...........a helper of the downtrodden...........what Lady Liberty's plaque says........all "principles" I admire for a president.

Terri

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

What principle does Bush have? INTEGRITY...HONOR...COURAGE...those are a start.

Dennis Kucinich lived in a car with his parents for awhile. They never owned a home. He wants to add a Dept. of Peace in the House of Reps. He wants to cut the Pentagon budget and offer Universal Health Care to everyone in the U.S. He wants America to become what it used to be...........a helper of the downtrodden...........what Lady Liberty's plaque says........all "principles" I admire for a president.

So, he wants to cut the pentagon budget at a time when we need our military to be strong...yeah...that's a good idea....Universal health care...so...you're ready to pay up to 50% of your income in taxes like they do in Germany for universal health care? Not me. America is helping the down trodden...50 million of them so far in the middle east. Just because he lived in a car doesn't make him an expert on the economy. The economy has grown over 8.2% in the last quarter...more than it has in 20 years...what those poor people need are jobs...not more hand outs...Does lady liberties plaque mention something about families being on welfare for three and four generations? These are the people you want to help....Not all of them...but the ones like my brother in law who taught his kids how to get welfare as oppossed to how to get a job...he taught them ZERO work ethinc.

Look, most of ya all don't like Bush...I knew that a long time ago...that's why I posted this....before we got Saddam...before the DOW went over 10,000, and when we still weren't used to hearing that the economy was growing stronger than it ever did under Clinton....Bush was the most admired man in the US...his stock has risen since then...He's not perfect...but he's doing a great job.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

We didn't get Sadam, the Kurds did and Bush created another phoney media event with 600 US troops storming a home with TV cameras (like the Jessica Lynch scam) where they had told the Kurds to deposit him in exchange for a promise of power for the Kurdish leader. This was pure PR spin for Bush. Many Americans are rallying behind the Bush administration because everyone loves a winner. Sadly we are the losers.

Personally I see Bush as an empty vessel. He doesn't read or study so as to formulate his own opinion, his policies are the result of the extreme right wing puppeteers he has surrounded himself with.

I can't say it enuf, a vote for a hopless canidate is a vote for whoever wins. Please if you desire to see Bush removed do not vote for a canidate that has no real chance of defeating him. If you wish to make a statement get a sign and go on the radio and speak your mind. Voting is not the time for statements, it's the time to make a change.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Yeru, I don't even want to continue this topic. I could come back to explain my comments, but, bottom line, I've found that a hawk is a hawk, and will hang with hawks. A dove will do the same. I'm a dove. You're a hawk. I want peace. I want to have as much of Planet Earth left for future generations.....I'd say my kids, but I don't have any. But, I do believe we are all connected to one another.........all life, not just humans is precious.

Peace, bro,

Terri

• Aztec
    Aztec

Yeru,

before the DOW went over 10,000, and when we still weren't used to hearing that the economy was growing stronger than it ever did under Clinton..

Wasn't the Dow over 10,000 during Clinton's presidency? The economy is stronger now? Where is your proof of that?

Peacefulpete,

We didn't get Sadam, the Kurds did and Bush created another phoney media event with 600 US troops storming a home with TV cameras (like the Jessica Lynch scam) where they had told the Kurds to deposit him in exchange for a promise of power for the Kurdish leader

I'd like to see your proof as well. That would be interesting although, not surprising.

Sunnygal, I'm a Kucinich fan as well although, it's not looking promising for him. I think he's far too progressive for most Americans. Damnit!

~Aztec

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    poodle walking hippies

SS!! LMAO! Actually, that evokes quite a mind picture! But, hey, take it easy on the hippie insults......I'm one!

Terri

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Do a simple google search "saddam capture kurds" interstingly only ABC has touched the story among major American market outlets. I'm not a conspiracy nut but this is very difficult to explain.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

AZTEC!!!! OMG!!! You are?????? I can't believe it!!! Woohoo! Hello, Sistah! Sadly, you are right. Most people don't want to make sacrifices to make the world a better place. Many have to much "national pride" in the wrong things. <sigh>

I am soooo excited I found a fellow fan of Dennis!

Terri, doing a merry little jig!

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

You might not realize it from reading Yeru and Czar, but just being a republican does not make one an idiot. Bush is going to have an astonishingly large number of republicans vote against him this year, precisely because he is so stunningly unqualified to be the leader of the Free World.

Bet on it.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Okay Peacefulpete, I'll do that and report back.

Sunnygal, yeah, we are few and far between eh? I keep emailing people info on him and it's not doing much good. Damn but people are stubborn sometimes. Oddly enough my Witness family managed to create an Independant (me) a hardcore leftie (my sister) and a hardcore Republican (my other sister). Too strange! You should see our debates. They are hilarious! Us Kucinich supporters need to get the word out better. Let's get cracking!

~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit