BUSH MOST ADMIRED MAN IN THE US

by Yerusalyim 183 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Hmmm, interesting. Bush is the most admired man in the US with 29% saying he's tops.

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/news/nation/7595879.htm

Posted on Tue, Dec. 30, 2003
    Bush, Sen. Clinton most admired

WASHINGTON — George W. Bush and Hillary Rodham Clinton are finally on the same ticket — the most admired man and woman in America, according to a poll released Monday.

The Republican president and the Democratic senator from New York and former first lady won’t be found on the same sides of many political issues. But they’re both seen in a favorable light by the American public.

When people were asked to name the man they admire most, Bush was picked by 29 percent. Secretary of State Colin Powell and Pope John Paul II were named by 4 percent, and former President Clinton was named by 3 percent, according to the CNN-USA Today-Gallup poll.

As for the most admired woman, Sen. Clinton was named by 16 percent, while talk show host Oprah Winfrey was picked by 7 percent, first lady Laura Bush by 6 percent and national security adviser Condoleezza Rice by 4 percent.

The poll asked an “open-ended question,” meaning respondents were allowed to offer any names that came to mind. For both the most-admired man and most-admired woman, the remainder of votes were spread among a wide variety of individuals.

The incumbent president almost always is the most admired man in such polls, but it’s not uncommon for the first lady not to be the most admired woman.

The poll of 1,004 adults was taken Dec. 5-7 and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

• Sunnygal41
  • patio34
    patio34

And in a recent European poll, he's the biggest threat to world peace. . .

Sorry, I don't have time to get the news article--headed out to work. Thanks for posting yours, Yeru.

Pat

P.S. Here's one reference to it: http://usa.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/3289/

According to a recent poll by the Anti-Defamation League, forty-two percent of the American people consider Israel as a threat to world peace. What's even more astonishing is the result of a recent European poll that found 59 percent of Europeans considered Israel as the major threat to world peace with the United States coming in second. Libya wasn't even mentioned.

So I worded it wrong--it was the USA and it was 2nd. But Israel is because of the US support for it, Chomsky asserts. Gotta get to work!!

Pat

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html?PID=2431939&ctid=17&ls=toys

Just got my George Bush action figure...awesome!

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I'm with the 71% who disagree.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

If they only knew.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Elsewhere,

That doesn't mean the other 71% dislike Bush...they just don't find him the most admired man in the US...Frankly, my Dad is number one...Bush falls second or third at least.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Yeru,

The poll of 1,004 adults was taken Dec. 5-7 and has a margin of sampling error of plus or minus 3 percentage points.

Were these adults residing or working in the White House? How can a poll presume this little error when you poll only 1004 adults, and the general population in the 2000 census was 281,421,906 of which 209,128,094 were 18 and over, and 196,899,193 were 21 years or older?

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/QTTable?ds_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U&geo_id=01000US&qr_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U_DP1

Most (if not all) of the people I talk to about the US president, think very badly about Bush. They see him as just getting us into another war in order to preserve the power of the high classes.

Where are the weapons of mass destruction?

Where is Osama Bin Laden? Don?t get me wrong, I think Saddam Hussein is lower than a worm, but even if George Bush is higher than Saddam Hussein in my book, he is still also lower than a worm.

• Celia
    Celia

What is there in this guy to be admired? Born rich, never had to struggle with the daily problems most of us have to face, great schools (wonder if he even did good academically). Governor of Texas (because he was a Bush), didn't even win the election but became president nonetheless.... He has the best healthcare anyone can get, and 40 millions of the people in this country can't afford health insurance and avoid going to the doctor as much as possible. He always has this stupid, arrogant smirk on his face, like it's all a game, he's the worst speaker around (in the politic world).

Did I say I don't like Bush ?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Rich? You could apply this same reasoning to all US Presidents....Jack Kennedy fits the same mold, except more people were without Health Insurance while he was serving......

Your argument becomes a fallacy and a false dilemma if one can point out any ills, at all, that exists while a President is serving....

Ask not what your country can do for you........... hey we are not "people pets" to be taken care of...get out there and make your own way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit