BUSH MOST ADMIRED MAN IN THE US

by Yerusalyim 183 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon
    Tell ya what kids...we'll put Saddam back and pay him an indemnity for his troubles AS LONG AS all you who opposed the war agree to live the rest of your life there.

I've got an idea ... why don't we make YOU live in the countries that your politicians mess up. You think what they do is so great? You go live and suffer under it like the people you inflict it on and then see if you think the policies are so great

More than once the US has selected the lesser of two evils...Noriega over Castro, Saddam over Ayatollah Khomenieni. Now we're cleaning up the mess...and ya'll complain.

Red-herrings. You are trying to excuse and justify things. The reason that someone is in power who is not your ally is NOT a reason for interfereing with someone elses country or use them as pawns in your own global political manouverings.

• IronGland
    IronGland
    The reason that someone is in power who is not your ally is NOT a reason for interfereing with someone elses country or use them as pawns in your own global political manouverings.

Why not? Seriously, why not?

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    IronGland : Why not? Seriously, why not?

Why not ??? ... Because it is not you or anyone who really deserve it, that it really gives advantage (they need you by now to vote and go to war and make and you feel the right to have a why not reason ... LOL ... in thinking that you are the one who will take benefit of it) ... but at the end ... you'll get the point about the WHY NOT QUESTION

• IronGland
    IronGland
    Why not ??? ... Because it is not you or anyone who really deserve it, that it really gives advantage (they need you by now to vote and go to war and make and you feel the right to have a why not reason ... LOL ... in thinking that you are the one who will take benefit of it) ... but at the end ... you'll get the point about the WHY NOT QUESTION

OK

• Pleasuredome
  • imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

Simon,

Thank you for your reply. I appreciate the time you took to write.

1. What evidence is there that the US knew that Saddam would turn out to be an evil dictator when the US legally supplied him with arms?

He was already a violent, evil dictator who had seized power and had his opponent 'dissapeared' when they started supporting him. Of course, they have taken part in the overthrow of democratically elected leaders and replacing them with dictators before (eg Chile). Saddam was backed because he was seen as a tool to fight Iran with when the previous meddling in foreign countries backfired and made them into an enemy.

2. If you believe that America is responsible for Iraqi deaths because we supplied Iraq with arms prior to any UN sanctions that prohibited it, then do you also believe that France and Russia are responsible for American deaths because they supplied arms to Iraq when they knew it was against international law?

If you want to put all the deaths in a big ballance then be my guest. The US will always lose that one because they have exported death around the world on a massive scale. Just because something is legal does not make it right or ethical. Also, just because someone else does something wrong doesn't mean that it makes other wrongs right or acceptable.

3. Since France and Russia began supplying arms to Saddam after it was evident that Saddam was in fact a dangerous dictator because he had already gassed his own people, does that make them responsible for Iraqi deaths suffered at the hands of Saddam before the second Gulf war?

See 2.

Let's assume you are right, that we were aware of Saddam's violent tendencies, as referenced by the fact that he "took out" his predecessor. Budding evil dictator or not, at the time we supplied him with arms, we considered him an ally. How were we to know that he would use the arms we supplied him with to kill thousands of his own citizens on the basis of race and not for the purpose for which we supplied him in the first place - to use on our common enemy? This does NOT mean I am condoning or excusing what Saddam did in regards to his predecessor or that I am a war monger. I am just trying to figure out why so many people point such an accusing finger at America for legally supplying Saddam with arms that he ended up using in a terrible way, when they will defend or ignore the fact that other countries illegally supplied him with weapons that he didn't get around to using in such a terrible way? The differences between the two acts are 1) - of course, the legality and the illegality of the acts, but more importantly 2) - that when America supplied arms to him as an ally - there was one dead leader, but when France and Russia supplied him with arms (in what capacity?), there were thousands of innocent victims. As eluded to, since France and Russia were supplying arms to Saddam against UN Resolutions that they put their own signatures on, were they doing it as a Saddam ally or a Saddam enemy? Either way, this means that they were a silent ally who condoned any way he chose to use their weapons, or they were enemies who didn't care how he used the weapons - even if if it meant that he was going to use them on his own people, as they had full knowledge he had done with American weaponry. He had already set a precedent, yet they supplied him anyway! Why, was it wrong for the US to legally supply him with arms with less evidence of his evilness, and okay for others to illegally supply him with arms with literally thousands of examples of his evilness? Help me find a reason for this other than "just because the US is so manipulative", because if this were so, then France and Russia are guilty of the same crime. Does that mean that two (or three) "wrongs" make a right? No! It means that if people are going to point the finger at the US for their evil atrocities, they need to spend equal time pointing their fingers at France and Russia for the same thing. So far, the silence is deafening.

4. Since France and Russia signed the UN Resolution prohibiting trade with Iraq, does that make them guilty of violating international law?

What? More than invading a foreign nation that is not an imminent threat?! You argument is akin to pointing to someone committing traffic offences as an excuse for murder.

With all due respect, this does not answer my question.

5. Do you believe that when France and Russia illegally supplied Iraq with arms that this was a moral act on their parts?

No. But I imagine the amounts involved are a lot less than those of the US. You are simply trying to distract attention from the issue and come up with an excuse for your countries poor behaviour and the convenient amnesia of the population when it comes to foreign affairs.

I can see why you think that I am trying to distract attention from the issue by asking this question about the morality of what France and Russia have done. However, I not only am NOT trying to distract from the issue, I am trying to point out that it is the exact SAME issue and want to understand why there is no outrage when it comes to countries doing the same thing under illegal circumstances. Additionally, although it may appear as if I am trying to come up with excuses for my country's "poor behaviour", I am NOT trying to excuse my country. However, I AM saying that when America supplied arms to Iraq, we did it legally, and had less knowledge of how he might use those weapons than when the French and Russians did so illegally, and yet the outcry is louder at the US's actions. I am just trying to understand why.

Thanks for debating with me.

growedup

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    I've got an idea ... why don't we make YOU live in the countries that your politicians mess up. You think what they do is so great? You go live and suffer under it like the people you inflict it on and then see if you think the policies are so great Guess what Simon, I have lived in most of these countries...I spent over two months sleeping in the middle of the Iraqi desert with just a poncho liner...and how exactly have our politicians "messed up" these countries? Iraq is in almost all ways better now than before the war...more running water, more electricity...and MUCH more freedom.
    More than once the US has selected the lesser of two evils...Noriega over Castro, Saddam over Ayatollah Khomenieni. Now we're cleaning up the mess...and ya'll complain.

Red-herrings. You are trying to excuse and justify things. The reason that someone is in power who is not your ally is NOT a reason for interfereing with someone elses country or use them as pawns in your own global political manouverings. How exactly are these issues red herrings? Simon...is the death of over a million people good enough reason? How about that countries involvment in and support of terrorism? OH YEAH....HAPPY NEW YEAR SIMON. Thanks for hosting the board.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Growedup, and Yeru

When I'm reading you and some others (IT'S ALL ABOUT WE'VE GOT THE RIGHT with cheap americaners excuses that we are a bit too used about) ... What we are trying to tell you, is that YOUR leaders (AND OURS) are CONTROLE FREAK Leaders since the bigining and (are playing game both sides for only one sneaky personnal purpose) that is calling CHEATING on the citizens !!!

As far as we can read that you don't reliased how they cheat on you, it become very obvious that you are well BRAINWASHED (just like most of people are BRAINWASHED in lots of matters). Being brainwashed doesn't mean you are not smart (take care, cause it doesn't mean the same at all. The brainwahing works on the feelings to manipulate the brain) if you are a 150 IQ, you can be 150 IQ brainwashed !!!

You can threw up any details to defend your country's strategy, you will fail for inconsistancy to proove their right because we already know to much about WHY and told you already about MOST ... and you are still reacting like a JW FOR THE ORGANISATION ... (everything is just normal) ... we can talk for hours !!!

THE MAIN THING is you are not allowed to rule the world (because you are not fair - too egocentric - and cheating in every way) anyone from any country who will present their argument as the American Gov does (and a few does - you are not alone) in acting like the Americain Gov does, WILL BE A PROBLEM FOR THE WORLD ... PERIOD !

So it is not only about AMERICA !!! (forget about americains only, cause in fact ... wake up ... we are talking about MF who are leading, they don't care the world, but the money !

AGAIN (you feel good by now but) you are not the one they are working for (sorry) but you are the one they are working on (brainwashing) to get what they want, and it works ... Because of that pro-americans are considared as "good dogs" (terrible) that protect monney masters houses, in being themself a threat to the peace of the world ... and their own lives and situation at the end. (Just like the JW's who still going door to door get people in it, give more power to the organisation, and finally get every good people in trouble for the benefit of the organisation)

Those who put the world in this situation will stay safe.They are not even only really americans - remember only native americans are in their country for real !!! You all came from other countries remember ? How many rich americans are not naturalised americain, and since when ? Now why do you think they choose America ? And when you'll get the answer now try to answer why they will stay american when ASIA will be in the place you are loosing in focusing on war for oil, instead of economy for economy)

you still feel good by now ? wait ... and see

• Simon
    Simon

Wow ! A WHOLE two months?!

Gee ... you must know what life is like there ... NOT !

I mean LIVE there, not just go on a visit with a big supply chain keeping you fed and watered. Try and scratch out a living in the miserable conditions that your country has created for them.

As for the USA / France / Russia arms thing:

Your whole defense seems to be "other people did bad so our bad is ok". This is complete rubbish and you know it. The fact that you are pointing to Russia and France as doing things wrong means that the USA did wrong but on a bigger scale.

The USA knew what Saddam was like. They backed him regardless because they were afraid of the Iranians who had kicked out their US backed stooge and were no longer an ally.

Hey, it seems like you have an amazing knack for turning allies in to enemies doesn't it !!

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Simon: Hey, it seems like you have an amazing knack for turning allies in to enemies doesn't it !!

Almost like this owner of a forum I know of Simon????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit