BUSH MOST ADMIRED MAN IN THE US

by Yerusalyim 183 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Terri, a very peaceful warrior

Wes Clark is a very peaceful warrior too.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Sunnygal : ... She walked her talk. I try to walk my talk too. None of us can change what happened in the past, but we can certainly start today, to try to make the world a better place by being peaceful, loving people, and by taking better care of our planet!!!! Otherwise, this whole debate/discussion will be a moot point! LOL!

AMEN ... I'M FOLLOWING YOU GAL ! ...

Well SunnyGal you didn't steel your nickname ...

• Simon
    Simon
    1. What evidence is there that the US knew that Saddam would turn out to be an evil dictator when the US legally supplied him with arms?

He was already a violent, evil dictator who had seized power and had his opponent 'dissapeared' when they started supporting him. Of course, they have taken part in the overthrow of democratically elected leaders and replacing them with dictators before (eg Chile). Saddam was backed because he was seen as a tool to fight Iran with when the previous meddling in foreign countries backfired and made them into an enemy.

2. If you believe that America is responsible for Iraqi deaths because we supplied Iraq with arms prior to any UN sanctions that prohibited it, then do you also believe that France and Russia are responsible for American deaths because they supplied arms to Iraq when they knew it was against international law?

If you want to put all the deaths in a big ballance then be my guest. The US will always lose that one because they have exported death around the world on a massive scale. Just because something is legal does not make it right or ethical. Also, just because someone else does something wrong doesn't mean that it makes other wrongs right or acceptable.

3. Since France and Russia began supplying arms to Saddam after it was evident that Saddam was in fact a dangerous dictator because he had already gassed his own people, does that make them responsible for Iraqi deaths suffered at the hands of Saddam before the second Gulf war?

See 2.

4. Since France and Russia signed the UN Resolution prohibiting trade with Iraq, does that make them guilty of violating international law?

What? More than invading a foreign nation that is not an imminent threat?! You argument is akin to pointing to someone committing traffic offences as an excuse for murder.

5. Do you believe that when France and Russia illegally supplied Iraq with arms that this was a moral act on their parts?

No. But I imagine the amounts involved are a lot less than those of the US. You are simply trying to distract attention from the issue and come up with an excuse for your countries poor behaviour and the convenient amnesia of the population when it comes to foreign affairs.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Tell ya what kids...we'll put Saddam back and pay him an indemnity for his troubles AS LONG AS all you who opposed the war agree to live the rest of your life there.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Re: BUSH MOST ADMIRED MAN IN THE US

As well he should be

Tell ya what kids...we'll put Saddam back and pay him an indemnity for his troubles AS LONG AS all you who opposed the war agree to live the rest of your life there.

but but but

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Yeru, please re-read this part of Simon's post again, because I, altho politically a big babe, even knew this part of him.

He was already a violent, evil dictator who had seized power and had his opponent 'dissapeared' when they started supporting him.

Let me spell my understanding/perception out for you: (we) agree that he was evil at the beginning, before we got involved. Everyone knew it already. (We) just feel that the US should not have gotten involved the way they did in bringing him down, surrounding themselves with a cloak of false righteousness and false information, i.e. downright lies. (We) are tired of people dying, on both sides. Do (we) have all the answers........well, I know I don't. <sigh> I guess it just comes back to whoever has the most aggressiveness, dominance and power will do what they want. As for me, I choose not to dominate or be aggressive towards another life.........that does not mean I would not try to save my life or another's if I can........it's been said before that thoughts have energy..........I guess we need to have enough peaceful energy to mellow any aggressive energy.........then we will have peace. We need to balance yin and yang, male and female, matriarchal/patriarchal systems/energy. Balance, not do away with completely. Balance.

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Thanks, FBF! {{{{{{{FBF!}}}}}}

{{{{{{{EVERYONE}}}}}}} Yes, even you, Yeru!

Terri

• freedom96
    freedom96

When a poll is taken nationwide, it doesn't suprise me that President Bush is admired. You sure wouldn't think so reading posts on this site though.

• Faraon
    Faraon

Yeru,

Ok, I didn't know you were THAT powerful!

Hey, I didn't go to Irak to kill those people. Hawks should be living there. You wanted a war? you should be living there the rest of your life. See how appreciated you'll be!

How are you going to idemnify people who died there? What's the latest price on a human life?

If 100% of those who oppose war move to Irak, will the 100% of those who love to kill and the warmongers promise to stay in this country?

What are you going to tell a father whose little child was murdered by an American bomb? Sorry, It was Saddam's fault? From now on you'll live better without a relative, or an organ?

There was no attack on American soil by Irak. There was no UN backing. We were the bully.

I am beginning to think that it is a good idea that North Korea has now nuclear bombs.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Sunnygal,

More than once the US has selected the lesser of two evils...Noriega over Castro, Saddam over Ayatollah Khomenieni. Now we're cleaning up the mess...and ya'll complain.

By the way...I've asked more than once to be sent to Iraq...the boss keeps telling me no...I'll try again next week when I re-enlist for the last time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit