So, the Womens March ... What Is It For?

by Simon 401 Replies latest social current

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Given Trump hasn't been charged of the crimes he confessed yet, don't you think it is legitimate for women generally to protest this man being president?

When and if the women he assaulted are able to go to court is a separate issue from protesting the legitimacy of a president who boasted about his assaults on women.

• Simon
    Simon
    Given Trump hasn't been charged of the crimes he confessed yet, don't you think it is legitimate for women generally to protest this man being president?

People can protest whatever they want. I find the people with "Down with Signs!" signs especially funny.

But what is it going to achieve? I thought we already had a legal system for things like this.

When and if the women he assaulted are able to go to court is a separate issue from protesting the legitimacy of a president who boasted about his assaults on women.

I think they have had plenty of opportunity but I don't know all the facts. Neither, I suspect, do the women protesting. The "if" part is important - if he assaulted them and they can prove it then he should be prosecuted to the maximum extent possible.

It seems like someone considering doing that is ill-served by waiting for someone to become president first.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    But what is it going to achieve? I thought we already had a legal system for things like this.

Because young men and women, boy and girls, have just witnessed a man become president who has boasted about assaulting women. It is important young people are reassured that this is not normal and most Americans don't support it.

• bohm
    bohm

8 years from now:

117) "Trump is on tape asking puting for advice on foreign policy"

So what, everyone says putin knows more about foreign policy than Trump so perhaps it is to the better

118) Trump has admitted to having poop-sex with 17 hookers from Kazakhstan

Isn't that a matter of his own privacy?

119) Trump has sold 41 nuclear weapons to north-korea

About time someone did something to increase exports to Asia!

120) Trump has changed the constitution to allow himself unlimited terms

HRC did something just as bad. People don't care.

• eva luna
    eva luna

Come on Man....

Sometimes its better to ask and listen.

I am a white looking female , Living in the US.

He has offended ALL women , Let alone anyone that cant pass.

I can list more people that he has offended if you like??

Gees

don't answer you own damn questions

• azor
    azor

Simon have you ever been assaulted or raped by a superior? I doubt it. I haven't either so all we have to go by is what the historical evidence indicates. One name comes to mind Bill Cosby. Where there's smoke there's fire.

• bohm
    bohm
    Because young men and women, boy and girls, have just witnessed a man become president who has boasted about assaulting women. It is important young people are reassured that this is not normal and most Americans don't support it.

Damn straight. The ability to peacefully protest a bully (oh yes, a car window was broken and a nazi was suckerpunched, there is a few hundred easy bucks for the nut-right youtube community!) is exactly what makes america great in the first place!

And that Trump makes the number of people attending his inauguration a major point of his first speech for the CIA is just delicious.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Broad generalizations don't play. YOU may have been offended, but millions of others obviously weren't, they voted for him!

• bohm
    bohm

I would advise anyone to simply listen to Trump's first speech for the CIA and tell me he comes across as a person who is fully mentally competent. This is the same guy who compared the IC to nazis a few weeks ago in a tweet:

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-makes-bizarre-courtesy-all-at-cia-headquarters

The president of the USA is calling the free press liars

• Simon
    Simon

Where have I claimed that he hasn't been insulting?

What I'm questioning is the response to it. Actually, I was questioning what the point of the march was and apparently the consensus is that it is to protest his insults.

Simon have you ever been assaulted or raped by a superior? I doubt it. I haven't either so all we have to go by is what the historical evidence indicates. One name comes to mind Bill Cosby. Where there's smoke there's fire.

I agree. But making accusations in the media is not the same as making them in court. It's important that those accused are also given a chance to defend themselves. It also wouldn't serve justice to only allow victims to comment on things.

Damn straight. The ability to peacefully protest a bully (oh yes, a car window was broken and a nazi was suckerpunched, there is a few hundred easy bucks for the nut-right youtube community!) is exactly what makes america great in the first place!

So, you are one that thinks violence is justified against "nazis" ... but then the left is quick to label everyone a nazi. No way that can go wrong and get out of hand ... Welcome to the world of left-wing thuggery. Cost for stepping out of line? Death threats and intimidation. But they're the good guys?

And that Trump makes the number of people attending his inauguration a major point of his first speech for the CIA is just delicious.

Yes, he's a self-obsessed clown. I think everyone can see that.

But all the while the left is obsessing over this, and he's happy to keep you at it, you are ignoring things that actually matter - bills being put forward for instance. Actual things that matter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit