So, the Womens March ... What Is It For?

by Simon 401 Replies latest social current

• azor
    azor

Simon do you support Putin's Russia? I'm all for peace with them but support is another thing entirely. Do you know about his ties and his appointees ties to the new oligarchs.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What's in dispute at this moment is the blackmail piss photos.

There Are No Pee-Pee Tapes!..

SIT DOWN MR.PUTIN!!..

Image result for SNL pee pee tapesImage result for SNL pee pee tapes

• Simon
    Simon
    A person telling another country how he would react to their decision is hardly the same thing as what Russia did.

It's still trying to influence the democratic vote in another country.

Turns out he was wrong - he couldn't see what was happening in his own country. So "in touch" with the people (well, those in Hollywood anyway).

And your wrong about the email hacking claims. That is what he acknowledged. What's in dispute at this moment is the blackmail piss photos.

He said "probably", but could have been others too. Hardly conclusive (but funny how people suddenly want to trust Trump when it suits).

There is no dispute about the blackmail photos - that implies equally valid claims. There is a claim of something and zero evidence but the news saw fit to report it even so. Trump bitch-slapped them. Too bad, so sad.

• azor
    azor

Simon when it comes to trumps stance on women I'm referring to who he is and what he's capable of. His stance on women is obvious to women that are not directed by their religious husbands what to think. I'm not speaking fiction here. I'm speaking to what I know many women are afraid of losing. They have been abused in the workplace for most of the time they have been there. Trump has abused his status, as acknowledged by him.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon do you support Putin's Russia? I'm all for peace with them but support is another thing entirely. Do you know about his ties and his appointees ties to the new oligarchs.

No. But I don't think Putin represents all Russians anymore than I think Obama or Trump represents all Americans or Trudeau represents all Canadians.

Times change and leaders die, but ideological conflicts last a lifetime.

If you look at the last 100+ years of history, much of the animosity with Russia and the distrust is just crazy and we have contributed to a lot of it and made the world a more dangerous place as a result.

Iraq, Afghanistan, all traceable back to US / Russia cold-war, traceable back to broken post-WWII promises where they saved our asses.

Maybe it doesn't need to be this way.

Maybe we can get past black / white thinking of goodies and baddies.

• azor
    azor

Simon you are right it is to bad for all of us. Trump is winning the media battle by being a demagogic bully. He alienates his own intelligence agency in the process as well.

Who knows what's to come. My sense is if this interaction is any indication that we all will continue to lose. We can't even have a day to back Women. Trump has assaulted half of our population and here we are fighting over semantics amongst ourselves.

• Simon
    Simon
    Simon when it comes to trumps stance on women I'm referring to who he is and what he's capable of. His stance on women is obvious to women that are not directed by their religious husbands what to think.

It's funny, if anyone speaks out against those religions and in support of the women subjugated by them, the same leftists jump all over them for being Islamaphobic or Xenophobic or Racist or whatever they can think of.

But his opinions about women are as unimportant to most women as Clinton's behavior was.

I'm not speaking fiction here. I'm speaking to what I know many women are afraid of losing. They have been abused in the workplace for most of the time they have been there. Trump has abused his status, as acknowledged by him.

What exactly are they losing. What is this hidden, unknown right? What laws are going to be passed or rescinded? Is there going to be a Grope-a-Girl law passed to make it all OK?

Get real. Stop with the hyperbole and come back down to solid ground.

He was caught on a mic saying some sexist things. He's a slime-ball of a man. That's it though, he's not superman - he can't fly round at supersonic speed pussy-grabbing as he goes. He's not going to come down your chimney like a touchy-feely bad Santa.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

You have a man who boasted on tape he assaulted women.

You have many women who say he assaulted them just as he said he did.

Why isn't this man in jail?

The fact he isn't in jail is in itself more than enough reason to protest.

• Simon
    Simon
    You have many women who say he assaulted them just as he said he did.

They need to say it where it matters, in a court of law.

Why isn't this man in jail?

Because none have said it where it matters, in a courtroom.

The fact he isn't in jail is in itself more than enough reason to protest.

Is that protesting him, for people making accusations to the media or them, for not making them where it matters?

• azor
    azor

SBF - agreed.

Simon I already agreed with you about the regressives. I also acknowledged that there are those going to this march with the wrong intentions. Yet there are those going with just intent. Movements are born this way. I for one agree with this march in principal and function. I also believe those who mock and ridicule it do more harm to the overall cause than the regressives as it empowers them on the left.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit