So, the Womens March ... What Is It For?

by Simon 401 Replies latest social current

• just fine
    just fine

In the US we have equality. We can go to any school, work any job, marry anybody. In my experience (as a woman) I have been treated equally as long as I act as an equal. I believe the #metoo movement teaches women to assume the victim role instead of empowering them.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

There is still plenty of double standards and discrimination in the workplace - agreed but these should be dealt with on a case-by-case basis.

We want equality - there are a few wrinkles to iron out but we already have equality. Males and females have equal opportunities, can choose which subjects to study at uni and can choose their career direction. In the UK, we also have a law that says men and women must be paid the same hourly rate for the same jobs. I'm sure the US and other Western countries have similar.

Sadly all the above is not enough for a lot of feminists. They want equality of outcome. They demand that males and females be represented 50:50 on things like STEM jobs and company boards (although they're strangely silent on gender ratios in shitty or dangerous jobs such as sewerage workers XD). Re equal representation, how far do you go? Do you argue that proportional representation should apply to race in addition to gender?

Imagine a jerk chicken chain of restaurants in the UK. Over here, white people make up 88% of the population. Should the jerk chicken chain of restaurants be pressured into ensuring that 88% of staff are white people?

I'm pretty sure gays are over-represented in the fashion business. Time for straight-only shortlists in that sector?

The MeToo movement is something that shouldn't be laughed at - wrong.

Genuine rape victims should never be laughed at and must receive justice and support.

Ambitious actresses who once chose to give a blow job to a film director in exchange for a speaking role, and who now jump on the bandwagon at the wrong side of forty and cry rape at the height of the director's net worth?

Well that's another matter entirely.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Anyone heard of this woman, Candice Owens?

She asks the same question as the OP and is bang-on in her comments ... enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwEWlstT9lA

• Simon
    Simon

Yes, she was recently re-tweeted by Kanye West (queue attacks on the both by the MSM) and is one of the conservative commentators questioning why black people blindly support the Democrats when they have done very little for the black community.

Part of the reason black support for Trump is growing - people are waking up to the reality that the Democrats don't deliver. She's pretty outspoken about non-race issues too such as the leftist feminism.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

questioning why black people blindly support the Democrats when they have done very little for the black community - I've just discovered her today. I saw her vid that reasons with black people to 'leave the democrat plantation' ... ouch.

I sense that some people were triggered ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hdQsEyION4

XD

Bit off-topic but here's Owens going up against a black rights guy. She points out that people on food stamps increased during Obama's eight years; he says stop talking down Obama.

She points out the poverty figures are going down under Trump; he says he wants more from Trump.

Total. Cognitive. Dissonance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-IUlcDDjps

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

All the marches are meaningless unless people vote. The focus should be getting people out to vote.

• Simon
    Simon
    'leave the democrat plantation' ... ouch. I sense that some people were triggered ...

Yes, there was definitely an orchestrated campaign from the left to try and silence her and Kanye West as soon as they were a threat to the narrative that black people must vote for Dems because otherwise, "racism".

Larry Elder is another conservative black voice that questions the dogma that the dems are the party for black people (they are not) and all the BLM / racism media messaging. This interview is well worth a watch and kudos to Dave Rubin keeping the piece in where he's stumped by Elder questioning the narrative and asking where the evidence is and there's a little awkward moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFqVNPwsLNo

The dems have done NOTHING for black people except destroy their communities and their futures.

Just like with women, their entire strategy is just to stoke the anger and outrage and try and translate that into support. I think people will get bored with it and people are waking up to the fact that either the problems they clai exist don't, or they exists for reasons different to what they claim or that their solutions aren't going to work.

Look at any dysfunctional city in America - Chicago, Flint, Baltimore, you name it - they are all Democrat controlled and have been for decades and they are a mess. They destroy every place they get control of and decimate it then sell themselves as the only people capable of fixing things and point to "whitey" or conservatives to distract the low information voters from realizing who really caused it - them!

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

there was definitely an orchestrated campaign from the left to try and silence her and Kanye West as soon as they were a threat to the narrative that black people must vote for Dems because otherwise, "racism" - I can well believe it.

Have you heard how Owens 'woke up' politically?

At about the time of the last US election campaign she was helping to combat online bullying. She used the phrase 'we will unmask the trolls' and the online company she was collaborating with went nuts. They assumed she had invented a device capable of identifying online anonymous bullies. She hadn't actually designed anything of the sort but it didn't her life being turned upside down.

I'm not explaining it well. Take a look at this Dave Rubin interview - her story from left to right is at the beginning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSAoitd1BTQ

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Please somebody tell me the following video is a parody.

Erm, the Star Wars franchise is sexist apparently.

Yep you heard me right.

This crazy ginger SJW thinks 'joining the dark side' is all about women having their periods. Absolutely deranged.

And she punches a Yoda puppet in the face. That's racist to aliens. XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WApPhVDJ7bw

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Ironically star wars is indeed racist. Ever notice all the villains are white?

Every. Single. One.

Not an accident. Purposely done to portray white people as evil. So there you have it. Star wars is racist.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit