BREAKING NEWS - SADDAM CAPTURED!!!!!!!!!

by Xandria 79 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ah yes Pleasuredome, there always has to be a political motive. I assume you're with Congressman "Baghdad" Jim McDermot who thinks the US military knew where to get Saddam all along, but held off till now for political reasons. GEEK!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yeah and "Uncle Joe" killed more people than Hitler yet he was an alley of the US and Britian.

Will

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Father Of Slain Soldier Finds No Joy In Saddam's Capture Pastor Says Administration Not Upfront On Reason For War

UPDATED: 7:27 p.m. EST December 14, 2003

CLEVELAND -- The war in Iraq has taken a personal toll on a northeast Ohio minister's life and he isn't exactly thrilled about the capture of Saddam Hussein. Rev. Tandy Sloan, an assistant minister at Cleveland's Greater Friendship Baptist Church, lost his son in the war. Brandon Sloan was one of the first casualties in Iraq. Sloan says if our nation's objective was to capture Saddam Hussein, then the mission was accomplished. "But we we're over there under the pretense of stopping the spread of weapons of mass destruction," said Sloan. So the pastor says he can't find much joy in Saddam's capture. "The purpose and the reason why so many lives have been lost and why others are still in jeopardy was to secure the weapons of mass destruction. Saddam Hussein of himself is not a weapon of mass destruction," he said.

At a Middle Eastern market, one Iraqi refugee who fled his country seven years ago because of Saddam Hussein said the dictator's capture means his people can move from the shadows of fear. "The people are scared, yeah. Now everybody gets freedom. No Saddam. No government," said Al-lami Hatem, Iraqi refugee. A few blocks away at Dimitri's Family Restaurant, some patrons feel having Saddam in custody is good for the Iraqis. "They needed closure and I think this is something that made a difference for them," said Sarah DeJesus, customer.

But one grieving father wonders if the war was needed. "It sounds more like a personal vendetta on part of this administration against Saddam Hussein and lives were lost as a result of that vendetta," While many people are rejoicing over the capture of Saddam, Sloan still contends the current administration has not been up front about going to war in search of weapons of mass destruction.

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/2704823/detail.html

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Personal loss stories like this are touching and I feel for the father's loss. Having said that...he's clueless.

The purpose and the reason why so many lives have been lost and why others are still in jeopardy was to secure the weapons of mass destruction. Saddam Hussein of himself is not a weapon of mass destruction," he said.

He's not a WMD? Tell that to the one million dead Iraqis. WMD's may yet still be found...or where they were sent revealed.

But one grieving father wonders if the war was needed. "It sounds more like a personal vendetta on part of this administration against Saddam Hussein and lives were lost as a result of that vendetta,"

And one greiving father has a reason to be angry about the loss of his son...but has no information upon which to base his arguement.

If I were killed in combat and my parents were to make a statement like this I'd role over in my grave...and I've told them that.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Yerusalyim ,

Again you missed the point of the article. The justication for going to war was because Saddam Hussein possessed WoMD, was an immanent threat to the US that had the capability of an attack within 45 minutes. So far this has not been proven. All Saddam was/is a pathetic old man of a third world country.

Will

• Gerard
  • Double Edge
    Double Edge

Girard:

LOL ... thanks

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Again you missed the point of the article. The justication for going to war was because Saddam Hussein possessed WoMD, was an immanent threat to the US that had the capability of an attack within 45 minutes. So far this has not been proven. All Saddam was/is a pathetic old man of a third world country.

Will,

Apparently you didn't listen to any of the discussion/debate before we went into Iraq...the Administration NEVER said Saddam Iraq was an Immenent Threat...not once. The Brits said the Iraqis could attack with WMD within 45 minutes...the source for that has been made known...and he maintains this to be fact...that they didn't...well, we may never know why. No one questioned that Iraq possessed WMD...no one...and I still think we'll find them... Saddam is gonna spill the beans.

The last part of the above quote really gets to me....I want you personally to go explain to the 400 plus American soldiers families that have died, the raped and tortured and murdered Kuwaitis families, the thousands of gassed Kurds that died, the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis that were raped, killed, tortured, and murdered, and to the Million or so Iranians that Saddam was nothing more than a "Pathetic Old Man of a third world country".

I rate you amongst the "Baghdad" Jim McDermott and the "Swimmer" Kennedy crowd for whom no proof is proof enough and no horror horrible enough.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    Ah yes Pleasuredome, there always has to be a political motive.

you dont say??????

• Pleasuredome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit