My Prediction: Trump Wins Big

by minimus 193 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmichael
    Carmichael

Besides Cofty, as a woman who has been denied a voice in an organization governed by men who almost accused me of being an adulteress and a witch (as if they could) upon leaving, I've suffered just as much as anyone has left the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I resent YOUR smug attitude (probably dripping with white, male privilege too) that my escape didn't have any suffering involved in it.

It's your sort of male-chauvinist, close-minded speech that should be taboo everywhere.

• Carmichael
    Carmichael

Cofty says:

I think Trump is unfit to be president.
  • pistolpete
    pistolpete

I was in the JW cult for three decades before I sent a letter to my local congregation stating scriptural reasons why I could no longer be a JW. It wasn’t until three months later that I realized that I had been in a cult. I was embarrassed and ashamed at first but eventually realized that anyone can be entrapped in a cult.

You know there were many of us that were born in this religion, we were not entrapped. Yet we had enough common sense to realize that the Faithful and Discreet slave were just men, that living forever in these bodies was impossible, that it was crazy to believe that a “Man” that lived a 2000 years ago was ruling invisibly since 1914. By the time I was 15 years old I knew everything my parents believed was crazy. At this point I knew I had to leave as soon as I turned 18. And there are thousands of young jws like me. So I disagree with you that anyone can be entrapped in a cult. There are some humans that know better.

While I vowed to never become ensnared in a cult again, I was shocked to learn that many who left the JW org began embracing conspiracy theories and becoming involved in cult-like political movements.

If you believe our POTUS cares about the working-class people, you are probably in a cult.

If you believe our POTUS hasn’t told over 20,000 lies since he’s been elected, you are probably in a cult.

You’re missing the whole point of how USA elections work, how the media works. Probably you’ve never taken any courses in political science or communication to help you understand how the whole US government works.

Informed voters DON’T chose a President based on Character, which is what most people who don’t understand how it works will vote. I’ve been seeing a lot of what CNN says about President Trump, or what Fox says about Biden.

How many posts have discussed what the Democratic Platform for 2020 is, or the Republican Platform for 2020 is. Do you understand what that means? Do you even know where to look to find out what the man you are voting for is going to try to accomplish in the next 4 years. I say TRY, because the President will still be limited by the Legislative, and Judicial branches of Government.

When I voted for Trump in 2016, I did not vote for him because I was a Bigot as you so affirmatively described EVERYONE who voted for Trump. And I did not use the media, either Fox or CNN to sway me. I used what all informed US citizens use, The platform objectives of each party.

Do you know where to look for the platform objective of each party?

It’s not the media, because a simple course in communications will teach you that the News media is a marketing tool for companies and corporations to sell their products. How do you think CNN and FOX make their money to keep them in business? They stay in business by advertising, subscriptions, affiliate linking, and e-commerce sales, and so on. So they are bias to whoever pays them.

The news media is for the uninformed masses who can be swayed either way by Character Politics.

The framers of our Constitution showed some impressive foresight when they created the Electoral College as an alternative to electing the president by popular vote or by Congress.

The only problem with this is when a Country’s population starts to reverse in the number of informed citizens vs unformed citizens. This is why the Republican platform consists of screening all immigrants who want to come to the United States and reject criminals and those who want to undermine of the power and authority of an established system or institution by enemies of the USA. This is the reason why there was tons of migrant caravans wanting to force their way into the United States a few year before the election, and the reason the Democratic platform wants to allow free access to ALL migrants without any screening.

I used the media to be entertained and post news media clips on sites like this to get a laugh or two. Sometimes to review if the studies "Experts Recommended" and examine if they actually came true. (Remember the Ferguson/​Imperial College report)

If you believe mainstream media is fake news, you are probably in a cult.

If you believe mainstream scientists are involved in nefarious conspiracies, you are probably in a cult.

If you believe the novel coronavirus is not as deadly as mainstream experts say it is, you are probably in a cult.

You still fail to see that all scientist including the mainstream scientists are prone to lying, greed, power, and are very limited in their understanding of microbiology. Why do you think it’s difficult for thousands of experts in the field of viruses and diseases who have been funded with billions of dollars by their individual governments to come up with a vaccine? Because they are limited in understanding how this virus works, how it evolves, and how a created vaccine will affect the recipients.

When this virus started the top experts of the world ran simulation scenarios, The models suggested that, with no action, the United States would face 2.2 million deaths; Many of the politicians panic and took seriously the words of these experts and shut down the entire economy causing more damage than the virus itself. Do we have 2.2 million deaths as predicted? Of course not, the experts were WRONG.

You said Quote; Trump inspired the bigots to vote in the 2016 election and vote they did.

How is you calling everyone that voted for Trump a Bigot different from the Governing body calling everyone that doesn’t see it their way ---(“Worldly People, Demonized people, People fit for destruction”) and so on. Maybe the cult thinking is still hanging around.

Hillary won the Popular vote, which included Celebrities, - did you see that these celebrities were appealing to the uninformed masses based on "FAMOUS PEOPLE DECIDED SO----- un-famous people should follow"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VUNFI_rZ2g

Beyonce asked voters to vote for Hillary because she was a WOMEN------she had no idea what Hillary's platform was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5k9uIg1p1U

Trump pointed this out in his 2016 rallies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHOCGF9pWjo

Hillary’s platform was a disaster which is why she lost.

Your average middle income educated US citizen does not follow a cult like you implied.

I voted for the Platform Trump was representing. Here is one of the many sites detailing the platform of that year. Did you get a chance to study the platforms of Trump and Hillary in 2016? Or was you decision based on character?

Or did you just not vote like jws.

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL%5B1%5D-ben_1468872234.pdf

• Simon
    Simon
    probably dripping with white, male privilege too

Take that shit elsewhere - fake victim points have no value here.

• cofty
    cofty
    I resent YOUR smug attitude (probably dripping with white, male privilege too) that my escape didn't have any suffering involved in it - Carmichael

'White, male privilege' is a myth. People who indulge in that sort of identity politics use it as a lazy way to attack their interlocutor rather than deal honestly with the topic of discussion.

I never at any time even suggested you did not suffer as a result of your time with the cult. Maybe you could read my comments more thoughtfully instead of resorting to ad hominem replies.

• Driveby
    Driveby
    So I disagree with you that anyone can be entrapped in a cult.

It wasn't my opinion; it is the opinion of experts in the field, however after reading your lecture I see you do not rely upon expert opinion that you disagree with.

Bigotry: Intolerance toward those who hold different opinion from oneself.

• Carmichael
    Carmichael
    Take that shit elsewhere...

This is the way elders talked to women who had complaints in the Watchtower organization. Can this site really help victims of abuse if the words of women are chopped up into little bits and pieces to be attacked just like they were when these men were elders and ministerial servants and used to treat women the same way in their hidden rooms of judgment in their Kingdom Halls?

How do I know that the men in control of this conversation aren't the same who mistreated me when my family was in the UK and had problems with elders and ministerial servants who abused my daughters?

I don't think you are--but you don't treat me any different. Can't you prove to me that you are different with your words and attitudes? Must it always be abuse and bad words?

Fine, I AM going, but because I can walk away from my abusers.

You are horrible men

• Mr.Finkelstein
    Mr.Finkelstein

If people think Trump will win big this election your quite delusional.

I really dont think he's going to pull off an upset like last time.

The mid term elections last year showed a turn back to the democratic party and this will probably continue in this upcoming federal election .

The chances of the Republicans wining enough seats needed to win are slim, the many polls to date support that as well.

So all of you Trumpers dont get your hopes up too high.

• Driveby
    Driveby
    Informed voters DON’T chose a President based on Character

I listened to Trump's every word when he was campaigning for president. Most everything he said emphasized racism and bigotry, and the crowds loved it and still do. Those screaming lunatics' have no idea what Trump's official platform is, nor do they care. It is a cult mentality.

If everyone knew they were in a cult, there not only would be less cult members, there would be fewer cults.

• Driveby
    Driveby
    White, male privilege' is a myth.

I grew up in the Deep South. It is definitely not a myth.

Fine, I AM going, but because I can walk away from my abusers.
    You are horrible men

Never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit