'Saddam's Palace May Be New U.S. Embassy'

by sf 90 Replies latest social current

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    Will : It would be funny if it wasn't so tragic that thousands are dying for that lie

Thanks to you Will, for the info ! ... and Yeah ... That is the main issue !

• Gerard
    Gerard

In the ousted leader's hometown of Tikrit, about 700 people demonstrated against his capture on Monday, chanting "Saddam is in our hearts, Saddam is in our blood."

US soldiers and Iraqi policemen are reported to have shouted back: "Saddam is in our jail."

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/C2CC8AFB-E4CB-4901-96C1-927E9E7C4A52.htm Captured Saddam In Jail
  • Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

FrenchFry,

I have indeed been against some actions of the US Military...Somolia...bad idea.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yeru : Good to know that at least you do sometimes, but it seems obvious to me that those who need you to WORK for WAR need you to believe they are right ... (more they have interest in it - and more they will push your buttom)

manipulation or non direct concequences ... sometimes they choose sometimes they don't ... but you have to go.

Take care ...

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    manipulation or non direct concequences ... sometimes they choose sometimes they don't ... but you have to go.

darned double clicking punk!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

No...it's direct consequences...I've signed a contract...if I don't go...I'll probably end up in jail. Having said that...there are wars I will refuse to fight...if the US decided to attack Israel...I'd not go...(though I'm itching for the chance to have a go at Canada...the single largest threat to world peace after Bin Laden). I also wouldn't fire on US Citizens in most circumstances.

I don't think the US is always right. The US Military doesn't conduct political indoctrination classes...politics are rarely discussed...nor do we hear much about the rightness or wrongness of what we're doing...we're given orders and we follow them.

FrenchFry...tell me this...do you think Saddam is an evil man? Is the world better off with him IN POWER or OUT? If it comes out as true that Chirac was taking bribe money from Saddam...would that change your opinion any? We already know France was selling weapons to Saddam as much as a few months before the war...in contravention of the UN sanctions.

Which leads to the reason for the war...Saddam violated the seize fire agreement...plain and simple.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

< No...it's direct consequences...I've signed a contract...if I don't go...I'll probably end up in jail.

Well that is a problem ... you should have the right to chose without taking the risk to go to jail ... I hope it'll never happen (just think how much anger you should old against your own country, in jail while they are doing what you know was wrong ... interesting don't you think ... that remind me lots of stories) and very interesting in regard of what you've said yourself about the subject see (A))

< Having said that...there are wars I will refuse to fight...if the US decided to attack Israel...I'd not go...(though I'm itching for the chance to have a go at Canada...the single largest threat to world peace after Bin Laden). I also wouldn't fire on US Citizens in most circumstances.

Of course, I'm sure of that ... (but it happen on the others by the way)

I don't think the US is always right. The US Military doesn't conduct political indoctrination classes ...politics are rarely discussed (A) ...nor do we hear much about the rightness or wrongness of what we're doing...we're given orders and we follow them.

Now if you check : (A) Do you feel like the military got a chance to know exactly for what they are fighting for ? (the politics gives the orders - if they don't feel you getting into their stuff - they just have to make a story up) ...

FrenchFry...tell me this...do you think Saddam is an evil man? Is the world better off with him IN POWER or OUT? If it comes out as true that Chirac was taking bribe money from Saddam...would that change your opinion any? We already know France was selling weapons to Saddam as much as a few months before the war...in contravention of the UN sanctions.

Which leads to the reason for the war...Saddam violated the seize fire agreement...plain and simple.

I don't know why you keep on telling me about France ... I know about France ... Again I don't care about France ... I'M TALKING ABOUT CHEATERS !

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Well that is a problem ... you should have the right to chose without taking the risk to go to jail ... I hope it'll never happen (just think how much anger you should old against your own country, in jail while they are doing what you know was wrong ... interesting don't you think ... that remind me lots of stories) and very interesting in regard of what you've said yourself about the subject see (A))

Sorry Sweetheart...soldiers really shouldn't have the right to choose, nor should leaders have to explain each decision to the soldier...it just doesn't work like that...it might make everyone feel all warm and fussy...but the Army wouldn't survive. Soldiers are told to follow orders...we have a split second to evaluate it's morality and legality. Following an illegal order is...well, illegal.

If I receive an order I don't like...such as "Jump in that Lake" I have a right to complain about that to my commander...but I better be wet when I make my complaint known.

We as soldiers generally know what's going on in the world...we see the news...read papers (most soldiers are quite well read in fact). So we know the issues around most situations. People were standing in line to go to Afghanistan...and I know a bunch that volunteered for Iraq (me included). Sometimes we think it's a stupid idea...but that doesn't give us the right to pick or choose...we forfeit that right.

Darlin, I really don't think there's this vast world conspiracy you seem to indicate in your your writing...I don't buy it.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

I know you are sincere Yeru. Unless you've got a personnal interest to go there : job or Monney (I guess you're able to provide with other jobs) so well ... I guess the reason why you join the army is because you want to be an actor, maybe as a saviour (which is kind) ... They choose you in the army ... they tell who is going to lead what (and they know why and they know you)

Sure you don't buy my stuff ... but at this point ... I just can't buy theirs either

To me a real war is when all the people in the country are really angry (they found a way for this one) At this point soldier would go without being payed (now I know why their are standing in line - but do they really know WHO is WHO ?)

It is not about war to me, it is about revolution ... I like revolution more because it does not always include WAR automatically with true weapons that hurts physically ... (IT CAN BE DONE ONLY BY INFLUENCE - JUST THE SAME WAY THEY LEAD US TO WAR) now you know why your soldiers stand in lines to get into it !

You don't want to check more, you are happy with the idea that US and the US army are saviours ... You don't wonder why we stay in a logic of war instead of a logic of economy ... AGAIN : BUSH is not your friend, but he is not supposed to tell even to the army. and the only one who got acces to every part of the gov is the "so called President - cause sometimes it is not the president himself " and his friends. So they can do whatever they want behind and even in front you ! (they just need to build up a story) ...

Nothing to add here it would only be a REPEAT
    I just feel like I can't talk about those subjects especially with you Yeru ... (cause no step back possible on my part here ... it is like asking me to go back to the WTBS) ... way too much riddle, actual and historical facts to be able to. Whatever I hear or read doesn't help me to support any OCCIDENTAL position about the war system.

Not my right to tell you what to do ... my duty to say what I think when it is dangerous and when it is only about saying please check before the big mess, or the reverse situation ... WE CAN DO BETTER THAN THAT, WAR IS STUPID ... WAR ONLY LEAD TO HATE and WAR and DEATH ! aren't we tired ?
    Would it be the first time that we have to realise that the devil is in the house ?

Vast conspiracy ? no ... Vast influence !!! is enough (just have build up a story and make things happen - what is hard in this when you are rich and got power ? NOTHING if you think that a bunch of arabs can put the world on fire with knives ... then what I'm thinking is not that fool/Vast ...and much easier with all the means they've got) Remember 2000 that doesn't take any risk almost 6 Millions that does take a little (like Saddam ... Oooops this one got caught ! 6 millions left - famillies kids ; everybody included) and 6 billions that have to pay the bill ! ... here is the PIRAMIDE ! ... SIMPLE / nothing complicated

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

I guess we're drawing this conversation to a close. Just let me say that yes...if there's war...there's been a failure somewhere...but some things are really and trully worth fighting for.

SMOOCHES

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit