Movement to 'Draft" Hillary

by Guest 77 100 Replies latest social current

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Hell yeah I'm serious. Jehovah's Witnesses will let their children die because they are willing to act on what they believe.

Hmmm...Abraham Lincoln and Gandi also acted on what he believed in. So which examples do you want to use that it's good to act upon what you believe?

Respect people who are intelligent and make intelligent evidence based decisions that do the most good and the least harm. Seems like our common experience would have taught you that, Roy.

Ah, just have to get a personal dinger in there? Well, give me an example. I would say that you've again fallen into the trap of wishing to find some leader to take care of you. Just as the WT promised you paradise, people like Hillary and her pals promise everyone the world at no cost (i.e. insurance for everyone). What government plans are you hoping to take advantage of?

We've got a college fratboy for the president of our country. "Bring 'em on", he said. They did and they are.
    LOL! And what exactly is Hillary??? She grew up here in Illinois and went to the most expensive prep schools in the area. She also lived in the most expensive and exclusive neighborhoods. And speaking of being "qualified", again I ask you. What jobs did she have that "qualified" her to be a senator?
  • SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I would say that you've again fallen into the trap of wishing to find some leader to take care of you.

Why would you say that RoyBatty? I want a leader who provides inspirational leadership, far above average intelligence, and someone who understands that America needs her friends just as much as they need her. I want someone who won't be fighting his father's war (when he should be leading the war on terrorism), revisiting Reagans economic policies for the super-wealthy, and whose idea of space exploration is going to the moon. In other words, I want someone with vision.

Again, I have to chuckle at people who imagine people like Bush are jes' good common folk, looking to help common people out. His actions throughout his life prove otherwise. His actions in office prove otherwise.

I'll be honest, I'm no expert on Hillary, in fact, as a witness, I had a very negative view of Hillary and Bill both. But since then, the truth be accepted, they are both very smart people, and they are very much more sincere about their public service than the group in the white house now. America did quite well in many ways under Bill Clinton's leadership, and would probably do pretty well under Hillary's leadership. Personally I hope she doesn't run (and I don't think she will at this point), as she would be divisive, just as Bush is divisive.

• Euphemism
    Euphemism
    Stacey
    Can you see the demo brain trust at work mapping out a plan, any plan to unseat Bush.

Brain trust? When it comes to the draft-Hillary movement, I would say more like lunatic fringe.

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Depending on what happens in the next 6 months and if the polls show that Bush can be beaten. The only way that she would agree to run if she thinks she will win. Otherwise I can see she will wait till 2008. I mean how can you compete with a 30 seconds news clip and a plastic turkey.

Will

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Again, I have to chuckle at people who imagine people like Bush are jes' good common folk, looking to help common people out. His actions throughout his life prove otherwise. His actions in office prove otherwise.

I agree. That's why I said Bush was born with "several silver spoons in his mouth." But so was Hillary. Come to Illinois some time and I'll show you where she grew up and went to school. You won't find any "jes' good common folk." If I could pick someone for president it would be Speaker of the House Denny Hassert. He's a former high school teacher and wrestling coach. He's from the area where I live. Talk about down to earth, you still can see him driving himself around town, goes to the same barber I bring my son to and it's common to see him eating at the local cafe with the farmers.

I'll be honest, I'm no expert on Hillary, in fact, as a witness, I had a very negative view of Hillary and Bill both. But since then, the truth be accepted, they are both very smart people, and they are very much more sincere about their public service than the group in the white house now. America did quite well in many ways under Bill Clinton's leadership, and would probably do pretty well under Hillary's leadership. Personally I hope she doesn't run (and I don't think she will at this point), as she would be divisive, just as Bush is divisive.

Show me how the "average Joe" benefitted from 8 years of Clinton. Please give me some examples. I own a small manufacturing business. During the 8 years of Clinton, I saw manufacturing jobs leave the states and head off to China and Mexico. What did Clinton do? Nothing. I'm not saying Bush is doing much better but at least he's not selling himself as Clinton did ("I feel your pain"). And it's been seen that the economy under Clinton was pretty much a house of cards. Overpriced tech stocks that made instant millionares at the expense of us common folk.

Many know what makes me chuckle? People talk about Bush and his servatude toward the rich. Well, where was Clinton when all of us common folk were getting screwed by executives from companies like Enron and others? Oh that's right, Hillary was right there making millions herself. Makes me chuckles to the point of tears.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Bush has an astonishingly bad fiscal record, he's never met a spending bill he didn't like.

I know.... he looks like a dyed-in-the-wool Democrat.... which is why I'm now registered Independent (I don't like either party).

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

well....Bush did do a quick job of putting us back to a serious budget defeceit....which Clinton had managed to get others to help him balance for the first time in forever! I know with 9/11 it may have happened anyway, but damn....did he go through the money fast or what? At the same time though, my family was one that DID benefit from the last tax cut this summer. We got our $1200 check in the mail, and it was perfect timing...we went right out and put a downpayment on the passenger van that we needed so badly since we have 5000 children. So, there definately was a good SHORT TERM benefit to my family...and we are pretty much jes common peeps. But that is what scares me....how much long term benefit was all those tax cuts going to be now that we have a huge deficit...which I obvioulsy cannot spell.

Clinton was an absolute pig as a human being..he really was, and I was really hoping Hillary would drop his sorry ass after she was elected by NY. but he was a very good president over all...if you can forget about his morality problems.

Hillary should dum ill Bill, and hook up with some decent professor or something...not a politician or business guy. Then should run as a VP candidate. I do not know if there she is strong enough of a candidate to be elected as Pres...I think the first step to get a chick in the white house would be with a VP...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    we went right out and put a downpayment on the passenger van that we needed so badly since we have 5000 children. So, there definately was a good SHORT TERM benefit to my family...

As you went on to be concerned about, the money in the tax cuts was taken and put on the tab of our children and grandchildren. It has to come from somewhere, politicians love to take it from the future.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Six,

The point you ignore is that time and again when there are tax cuts...government revenues increase, not decrease.

....Bush did do a quick job of putting us back to a serious budget defeceit....which Clinton had managed to get others to help him balance for the first time in forever! I know with 9/11 it may have happened anyway, but damn....did he go through the money fast or what?

A lot of what Clinton and the REPUBLICAN congress accomplished was due to the tax cuts of Reagan and the US winning the Cold War...our military expenditures went down....way down...

9-11 MAY have happened? No, it WOULD have happened as there was never a serious response to terrorism from Clinton...who turned down Bin Ladin.

But I agree we've went through the Money way to fast...the US can't afford 400Billion for prescription drugs...geesh...where did personal responsiblity go?

• logansrun
    logansrun

Yeru,

Would you ever vote for a Democrat?

B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit