Movement to 'Draft" Hillary

by Guest 77 100 Replies latest social current

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Personally I think that Hillary threatens a lot of men because she is intelligent, independent, and very capable. I would vote for her over the shrub any day of the week. So many of these threads start getting to name calling, pointing fingers, and threats. It is sad. Loosen up, life is great.

Why is it that men get pegged with feeling "threatened" just because they wouldn't vote for Hillary Clinton? In a heartbeat I'd vote for someone who's "intelligent, independent and very capable" no matter if they were male or female. To me Hilary Clinton is a perfect example of what's wrong with America today. We have so many "elitests" who are going to champion for the common man but instead use them to line their own pockets. I'm not saying Bush is the perfect president but at least he doesn't pretend to be something that he isn't.

The fact that she stayed so many years with a man who cheated on her repeatedly and made her look like a fool shows me what she's made of. Independent? Intelligent? Very capable? I think not. I imagine her thinking "I'll put up with being made the fool shi* because I know it's the easiest way to win a Senate seat."

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I'm not saying Bush is the perfect president but at least he doesn't pretend to be something that he isn't.

Good lord. There is nothing more arrogant than running for (and destroying the chances of good men like John McCain while your at it) the Presidency when you have none of the qualification to be the leader of the greatest, most influential nation. GW Bush has zero qualification to lead the world or our nation in a time of peace, let alone terror.

I'm getting to the point I'm beyond disgusted by people who fall for GW Bush's playing dress up. The man is small. He can fit in any pocket, and still have room for his cronies.

I don't think Hillary will run this year. Wes Clark will win the nomination over Dean, because when people compare them, Wes is the better man for the job by far. I just hope people will compare them and chose the man over the "movement".

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    GW Bush has zero qualification to lead the world or our nation in a time of peace, let alone terror.

There is something very frightning about GWB and his strange wife. They remind me of an encounter that once took place in my life after a tab of LSD and a rather nasty curry.

When a person in high office believes their own press it is a dangerous scenario. When that press is generally critical and that person reads it as complimentary, it is even more worrying.

HS

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

It's a free country...let her run...however...if she wins...I might leave the military....I hate that lady's politics with a passion. If America elects her, they'll deserve everything they get, from the MUCH higher taxes to the imperial White House where she won't allow the Marines to wear their uniforms (she tried to effect this as first lady).

SIX,

I'll bet you a bottle of wine that (assuming Hilary isn't drafted) Dean wins over Clark. Clark is seen as too much of a wierdo.

• roybatty
    roybatty
    Good lord. There is nothing more arrogant than running for (and destroying the chances of good men like John McCain while your at it) the Presidency when you have none of the qualification to be the leader of the greatest, most influential nation. GW Bush has zero qualification to lead the world or our nation in a time of peace, let alone terror.

I'm getting to the point I'm beyond disgusted by people who fall for GW Bush's playing dress up. The man is small. He can fit in any pocket, and still have room for his cronies.

Ok, what are the qualifications for a president? What qualifications did Clinton (or for that matter Reagan) have that Bush didn't/doesn't have? What qualifications does Hilary have? Being the president's wife?

Every politician is going to "play the game" to some degree but Clinton (both of them) sold out to the highest bidder. The White House was up for auction those 8 years. You'd think coming humble beginnings (well, Bill anyway) that the both of them would better identify with us common people. Nope. How disappointing.

I'm not saying that Bush knows what it's like to be in my shoes running a small manufacturing business. Lord knows he was born with several silver spoons in his mouth. But at least he's not afraid to act on what he believes. I respect that.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

A lot of democrats are pissed off at Gore for supporting Dean without so much as a wink at his old pal Lieberman. I think a lot of democrats will be more upset of supporting all of the other demo candidates for all these months only to have it brushed aside at the Convention. Could happen, but some of the demos are either going to switch parties or just not vote.

• Badger
    Badger

A rumor on Fox news...from Hannity and Colmes

sure, you can believe it...

I like Hillary, but as a NY senator...she's way to polarizing. Rick Lazio was a nobody and did nothing in his race against her, and he still wound up with 42% of the vote. (We also missed out on a dream Clinton-Guiliani election...I would have cheered for both.)

Dean is getting name recognition, because he's about the only Democrat who is fighting, and is being dismissed by his opposition as having no chance in hell of winning...sounds like what Carter thought of Reagan....and Johnson about Nixon...and Bush the Elder about Clinton....

Riechmarshall Karl Rove himself said that he would love Dean to run...and for some reason, all of the right wing TV/Radio hosts (Hannity, O'Reilly, Russert, etc.) have taken to busting Clark's balls, possibly because they pick up the vibe that Dubya would have a hard time with him.

The fact that they're taking Dean so lightly will work in his favor...even you repubs have to admit seeing the underdog win here would be cool (like Vanderbilt beating Florida State), albeit begrudgingly.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Yeru, you're on buddy. Although with all the money I'm dropping to the Clark campaign, if he loses, my bitterness and my pocketbook may add up to a lovely 5th of Mad Dog for you, lol.

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Thanks for all your interesting thoughts and comments. As I said in the begining, I heard about it a few months ago and I just let the rumor slide until yesterday's talk show.

Yeru, I 'll share drinking the wine with you. It really sounds goooood about now. It seems that their giving Clark a rough time and his poll numbers are not that great.

It really makes not difference to me, it's just a matter of having a new bus driver. Having a female pres. would be interesting though. In the event she gets in, I wonder if she will do what Bill did in the oval office? That would be one helleva pay back! Ahhh to dream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest 77

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Every politician is going to "play the game" to some degree but Clinton (both of them) sold out to the highest bidder. The White House was up for auction those 8 years. You'd think coming humble beginnings (well, Bill anyway) that the both of them would better identify with us common people. Nope. How disappointing.

lol. You really just don't know how opposite of the truth your perceptions are.

I hate to get into the partisan BS, cuz I don't want to identify with a political party personally, but I am convinced that the reason the republican party has had the success it has recently, is because Americans just aren't smart enough, or more likely just are naive enough, to not know where their bread is buttered. Hint, sand and grease from a Halliburton truck taste terrible on bread.

Someone who doesn't give a shit about common people, and is making 3-400k+ per year, go ahead, be a chearleader for Bush.

Bush has an astonishingly bad fiscal record, he's never met a spending bill he didn't like.

RoyBatty, like em or hate em, the Clintons have been great friends to the common man. Sometimes the common man is too much of a common dog to resist biting the hand that feeds it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit