Explain your Avatar

by simplesally 95 Replies latest jw friends

• tink
    tink

thank you sns!!!

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Mine is a picture of some guy in front of his truck... circa 1930-1940? Its from www.arkansas.com.

It kinda reminds me of the pictures in the slide shows that the COs would show every couple of years. The phonograph players would have fit easily in the back of the truck along with the freshly killed chickens the householder would have traded for literature.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Mine is my German Shepard when he was about a month old. I love him very much even though he's a bad ass dog. He's four months old now.

Really? How sweeeeeet..............................

• Vivamus
    Vivamus

Usually it's a pict of me, but these delightful days it's a pict of Christmas Ornaments, hanging in my tree. But they vary.

-

Blue Bubblegum Girl ( posting still a bit sleepy, and not really sure what pict will show up as avatar )

• luna
    luna

Well, mine is a cropped version of a picture called "The Accolade" by Edmund Leighton. I've always loved the painting, and it's a redhead, and I'M a redhead, so I thought it worked.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Mine is a flying pig. Before Simon changed the format you used to see the wings flap. We also could have a signature at the bottom of our post, mine used to say, "I'll go back when pigs fly." My view of going back to the WTS.

Anyway I just kept the picture cuz I get so confused when everyone changes their avatars, I'm always looking for their old one, he,hee you get this way in your old age sally.

Kate

• shamus
    shamus

Mine is used to conceal my real self... it is a mug shot of bert, of course... it could be a mug shot of anyone, really.

I did try to change it at one time and lots of people wanted the old one back... therefore, this one will stay for the rest of my days here.

Some people have really cool ones... very artistic and simple. Those are the ones that I like. I won't mention names...

• caligirl
    caligirl

<------------------ not much explanation needed - this years pagan offering in our living room.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I found my avatar on line somewhere and copied it to my graphics and background file. I titled it, "Me after work." But it's also the opposite of going door to door. Sitting at home, taking it easy with my feet up in my cozy livingroom.

It also makes me think of the song Taxi by Harry Chapin:

You see, she was gonna be an actress,
    And I was gonna learn to fly.
    She took off to find the footlights,
    And I took off to find the sky. And here, she's acting happy,
    Inside her handsome home.
    And me, I'm flying in my taxi, In my case I'm flying in my easy chair

Taking tips, and getting stoned, Getting stoned from the freedom I feel since reading Crisis Of Conscience 2 1/2 years ago. I go flying so high, when I'm stoned.

It's also fun to modify my avatar in windows paint.

Heather

• Angharad
    Angharad

A painting by my favourite artist Jack Vetrianno

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit