UC Berkeley orders cancellation of Ann Coulter speech

by freemindfade 115 Replies latest social current

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

Kpop I see you are getting a lot of your information from The Blaze and Glenn Beck.

The entire country was having well publicized marches to demand Trump release his taxes. The white nationalist groups that showed up in Berkeley were there because they knew they would find a fight.

• Berengaria
    Berengaria

So at what point is it free speech vs fake bs? I mean just how much are we supposed to legitimize nonsense? Where is the line drawn? So every ridiculous opportunist gets to be on the same stage as serious speakers? Isn't that just exactly a big part of our problem right now? Fake news given the same consideration as actual facts??

• Hecce
    Hecce

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Evelyn Beatrice Hall
    Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/e/evelynbeat109645.html

• freemindfade
    freemindfade
    So at what point is it free speech vs fake bs? I mean just how much are we supposed to legitimize nonsense

I will explain it to you simply. By allowing someone to express themselves, even it's hateful, you are not legitimizing anything! Hate speech is protected by the 1st amendment. Threats of violence are where you draw the line. It's not that complicated.

You should watch the Dave Rubin video I posted. They were taking questions at a college and one came from a holocaust denier. They didn't go into the audience, hit them over the head and drag them out, no they debunked this complete nonsense. Honestly, the majority of people do not give any credit to white nationalists, or other wackos. Silence them doesn't mean winning.

• kpop
    kpop

Kpop I see you are getting a lot of your information from The Blaze and Glenn Beck.

BWAHAHAH! Glenn Beck? Glenn Beck is a raving lunatic! The guy wears his magic underwear too tight or something, cause something isn't right with that dude. But nice try, tho. As I said, you don't know who we are.

The white nationalist groups that showed up in Berkeley were there because they knew they would find a fight.

Lions and tigers and white nationalists! OH MY!

Nope. Did you watch the feeds last night from Berkeley? So many "white nationalists!" (Shhhh don't tell anybody but they really black and Latino and Asian!) Imagine that! "White nationalists" protecting blacks and Latinos and Asians...

https://twitter.com/alexnazaryan/status/857682090871078912

Oh and let's put the whole Oath Keepers are "white nationalists" to rest as well.

http://www.policemag.com/channel/patrol/articles/2013/04/who-are-the-oath-keepers.aspx

At every Trump rally, I've seen many different races, many LGBT, lots of women, lots of peaceful people getting along until the agent provocateurs named Antifa come out with their violence.

But wait, I thought Antifa is peaceful...

https://twitter.com/novaculus/status/857702047256375296

• Simon
    Simon
    The white nationalist groups that showed up in Berkeley were there because they knew they would find a fight.

The groups that showed up and rioted were not white nationalists, they were antifa leftist thugs.

So at what point is it free speech vs fake bs? I mean just how much are we supposed to legitimize nonsense? Where is the line drawn? So every ridiculous opportunist gets to be on the same stage as serious speakers?

None of those things follow:

We don't "legitimize" nonsense, we expose it.

No one has the right to someone else's stage or platform (either to put someone on it or to decide who can't be on it).

The problem with restricting free-speech is it also restricts the ability of people to expose the BS. That's why having lobsided laws such as M103 ins support of Islamophilia is so pernicious - they will be able to preach their hateful nonsense but anyone who tries to refute it will be deemed criminal. It's designed to silence critics and that is never a good thing.

It's better to live with the nuts and their hate speech than suffer the restrictions on our own speech.

• Simon
    Simon
    I'm talking about Fox News' inspiring murderers of Liberals

WTF are you on?

• kpop
    kpop

I'm talking about Fox News' inspiring murderers of Liberals

WTF are you on?

I think it may be time for the CDC to issue a pandemic warning for the brain virus attacking millions of people worldwide.

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

When you choose censorship as your substantive argument, you lose the debate.

That is not an alt-right, neo-nazi, white nationalists, fox news, kkk problem. It's a far left problem and even the most liberal of liberals are saying that about AntiFa, not about white nationalists.

• Hecce
    Hecce

I don't think that will be proper to put the pictures here, please run a search under Venus Rosealma and you will be shocked with the other side of "that nice little girl" that was flattened at Berkeley.

Criminal History

On February 2nd, 2016, Emily Nauert was arrested for Petty Theft.[81] The amount she attempted to steal was less than $950.[82]

Source: https://www.everipedia.com/louise-rosealma-venus-rosales/#ixzz4fYiqQAkF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit