I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Evolution is guided - by the laws of physics and chemistry............Life is what chemistry does!

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Forgive me, but "I've decided" is probably more accurate than "I've concluded" and it is a bit..... Naughty.... To discuss chemistry and science and then in the end make a 'conclusion' based on opinion.

That is not what science does.

Also, molecular forces explain the formation of these processes, simple physics explains why these naturally form and I'm not sure what your issue is?

Atoms, molecules develop charges and that dictates free movement of particles and molecules. For example, space is full of sugar because hydrogen, carbon and oxygen is in abundance (having formed in stars) and naturally join together due to the difference in charge, forming molecules. Note DNA has a 'sugar' backbone. Your molecule is H and C and O .... formation of such molecules is no mystery and certainly doesn't require 'guidance'.

Lastly, it is a weak argument to follow science and it's 100+ years only ,of explanation and new understanding (even less in years with modern physics and chemistry) then at the point where we are at, awaiting an understanding, say.... "Aha God does it!" That is illogical and reduces God to the latest thing to be understood and when it is understood, makes him/her/it simply more impotent and invisible.

Humans once concluded thunder was god pissed off...... rainbows were God promising to never be pissed off again.... 🙄........

Scientists do not see a gap in knowledge and then without evidence insert a complex, all powerful and jealous deity as the likely explanation.

That is not science. Not logical. Not intelligent. Not helpful. Not an answer. Not evidence of said assumed deity.

The dark ages were called dark for a reason....

• cofty
    cofty

Kate - I made the mistake of engaging with you in this thread on the basis that you were conversing in good faith.

You clearly were not.

I stand by the scientific accuracy of everything I have written in this thread regarding the purpose and implications of Soai's experiment. His work is one of the great achievements of science. It is sad that you have tried to discredit him for reasons of ideology.

Some of your attempted rebuttals are as bizarre as they are dishonest.

"Life is nothing but an electron looking for a place to rest" - Albert Szent-Gyrgyi

• KateWild
    KateWild
    Forgive me, but "I've decided" is probably more accurate than "I've concluded" and it is a bit..... Naughty.... To discuss chemistry and science and then in the end make a 'conclusion' based on opinion. - Snare

Hey Snare you have come back just to put me in my place lol. Yes you're right I have decided would have been better.

I am going to derail this thread, and talk about you. How is it being a Doctor now? I fully supported the junior Doctors strike. Please tell us what you've been doing, and how much fun playing on your bike is xx

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Life is good. Busy working hard.

Just been accepted for GP training, plan to do A&E and GP for the rest of my life.

Its heavy going, in last 6 days did a night, three days then two nights. All 13-14hrs long, I have another two weeks of that before I start A&E in Cornwall.

Not complaining however, love it!

Hope you are well and happy X

• Caedes
    Caedes

It's funny because if I have hard empirical evidence I would really enjoy it if people 'were out to prove me wrong' If all I had was magical thinking and flim-flammery then I would have good reason to be scared of a debate.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    The dark ages were called dark for a reason....

...and I always thought they were called 'dark' for their lack of reason...

:-D

• KateWild
    KateWild
    I have another two weeks of that before I start A&E in Cornwall. - Snare

Oh no I am going to miss you even though we didn't end up arranging the northern meet up. But cantleave is having a party, soon, a bit near Cornwall, if you ask him nicely he might invite you. I don't know if I can make that one. But you would really like cantleave if you met him in person, you two have a lot in common, and I know he has a lot of respect for you and what you've achieved.

It might be good to have some contacts in the south when you move. Is anyone you know going with you?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Caedes,

I don't take my religious and non religious beliefs seriously. I have an opinion and if people don't agree I am glad they think freely.

I do like to correct wrong chemistry though and twisting of chemistry facts. My opinions are based loosely on the facts, and my opinions are not definitive. If you want to take the piss out of me for having my beliefs I can laugh along with you.

• KateWild
    KateWild
    I stand by the scientific accuracy of everything I have written in this thread regarding the purpose and implications of Soai's experiment. His work is one of the great achievements of science. It is sad that you have tried to discredit him for reasons of ideology. - cofty

That's because you're too narrow minded to consider the imbalance of enantionmers racemic mixtures where autocatalysis doesn't occur. It messes your phrase " Soai solved the puzzle"

I am discrediting you Cofty not Soai, you made up the reason for his research and development, he didn't write the paper to solve the puzzle of homochirality. Go back and read through the paper again properly without bias this time and quote directly what he states the reason for the research. He collaborated with other chemists too. It's easy to find, you just need to be more open minded when you read the facts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit