I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

shame when abuse and insults start in the thread which held some excellent contributions, Cofty is the last person I'd class as narrow minded FFS, his explanations and easy well thought coverage of this subject over the years have opened the "narrow minds" poor form and I expected better from you, dislikes from me and deservedly so.

• cofty
    cofty
    I'd follow it more easily if the thread flowed a bit better. - OzGirl

Yes, unfortunately Kate is more concerned with point-scoring.

Basically it can be summed up as follows...

1 - We are largely made of protein molecules which in turn are made of amino acids

2 - Amino acids come in two sorts that are like mirror images of each other. Left-handed and right-handed types won't fit together

3 - All living things only use one sort.

4 - Creationists think this is proof of Jesus

5 - A Japanese scientist called Kenso Soai demonstrated back in 1995 that if you start with a mixture of both sorts you can naturally end up with just one sort.

6 - The reason is that amino acids replicate by a process called homocatalysis. Amino acids help the formation of more new amino acids resulting in exponential growth. This means that if you start with very small differences in left and right types the difference gets amplified resulting in a mixture that is almost 100% of one sort.

Therefore no magic.

• cofty
    cofty

Here is an example of linear growth such as you get with a reaction that uses a catalyst versus exponential growth that results from autocatalysis. (ignore the word goals on the vertical axis)

• KateWild
    KateWild

Cofty,

You're right there was no need to compare you to a pigeon. I am sorry.

There is no need for you to be publicly rude to me and predict I will refuse the challenge.

Jookbeard, yes you're right I am sorry.

A high post count on a thread is not a badge of honour it can be an indication of waste of time posts.

I am at work now. It's really sunny today so I am going on a date after work. But I will find time today to respond to your challenge Cofty and prove my chemistry is correct.

By the way I can't access the links on my phone today. Anyone know why?

• cofty
    cofty
    I will find time today to respond to your challenge Cofty and prove my chemistry is correct.

Make sure you fully explain every technical term in your own words.

Please tell me which of points 1-6 above you disagree with and why. (Bearing in mind it is a simplified summary try to avoid being pedantic)

Here is the link the abstract of Soai's paper - copy-paste

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v378/n6559/abs/378767a0.html

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

As an aside, the same process that gives us evolution and diversity.....gives us cancer. But I assume nobody (outside of the USA) wants to state God guides that?

• KateWild
    KateWild

Good point snare.

Cofty still can't get the link on my device. On my lunch now. But will respond to your challenge when I get to my laptop.

• SonoftheTrinity
    SonoftheTrinity

I am no scientist but after having taken Physical Anthropology in college concluded that if creationism is true and evolution is false, then the creator planted false evidence to test our faith and that would not be a God worthy of worship. So I choose to view the creation narrative as one of a loving Father telling a tall tale....does that make God a liar? Only if you see the world in black and white, which is all that some small minds can handle. People who go to church selfishly wanting simple answers and miracles. I have only pity for such people, but not respect.

• Landy
    Landy

As an aside, the same process that gives us evolution and diversity.....gives us cancer. But I assume nobody (outside of the USA) wants to state God guides that?

I think if god had guided evolution he maybe should have done a better job and steered round the numerous strange effects that evolution has given us.

• Landy
    Landy

Good point snare.

It is isn't it. How do you defend the point? If evolution is guided how do you explain that and the lots of other issues evolution has introduced?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit