I conclude evolution is guided

by KateWild 532 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Giles Gray
    Giles Gray
    KateWild-"Giles you are not being specific. I explained my conclusion and they didn't feel it was an explanation. But I did. My OP explains my conclusions to my satisfaction. If it doesn't satisfy some people that's okay."

I couldn't be anymore specific.

But it really is true you don't like being "proven wrong". Or is it just an aversion to being challenged?

• konceptual99
    konceptual99

Sorry Kate I've been out and not had a chance to respond earlier. This is your thread and if you believe you have answered and explained everything to a sufficient level then it would be churlish to continue to make request ofyou for more information.

The only thing I will repeat is that I did not engage with you on this thread with some kind of predetermined atheist agenda. I have no interest in proving you right or wrong. I really am interested in your opinion and thinking process. I certainly have no billy big bollocks desire to assert my opinion above yours.

I will not be phoning you to discuss it, not because I am not genuine, but firstly the discussion was happening here and, secondly, I am a married man trying to fade therefore making surreptitious phone calls to ladies my wife does not know is not high on my agenda of risks to take. You might have phone conversations with others, like cantleave, but that's under very different circumstances for you both.

Please don't mistake any of this for some kind of lack of genuine interest. I've read everything you have shared over the years on this site and know how tough things have been as well as seen how you have powered through so much. I do find you obtuse sometimes but you have my utmost respect for what you have achieved to escape the clutches of the WTS and I am glad we remain online buddies.

All the best - k99

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    It could be natural selection or a creator using the method of natural selection.
    -Katie

How do we tell the difference between good old fashioned natural selection and guided natural selection? And wouldn't we need a mechanism to distinguish between the two before we could conclude our evolution was guided?

• cofty
    cofty
    It's the same probability as getting heads 99 times out of 100 - Kate

Did you ever read the paper I linked for you months ago?

Autocatalysis makes it inevitable that if there is the slightest difference in the balance of chiral products then you will get 999 heads out of a thousand. No guidance required.

Do you understand the implications of autocatalysis and how it results in exponential growth?

This so-called problem was solved by Kenso Soai in 1995. Why have you totally ignored his work in this thread?

• scary21
    scary21

Kate, IMO the main thing is that you except evolution. If your not ready to give up God that's cool.

My husband has a masters and a PE in chemical engineering and believes in evolution and God.

I have a GED ( general education degree) because I dropped out of school at 16. Yes my JW mom was cool with it.

I believe in evolution and have no faith in God so there you go.........

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Kate, you should stay away from Cofty's wheelhouse. That's how I roll, and have done well doing so.

• silentbuddha
    silentbuddha

God guides evolution. It is true. He doesn't use that immense power to stop the molestation of children. He is useless.

• prologos
    prologos

I had an unguided revelation today, the electrical cord of my lawn mover had twisted itself into the most exquisite, symmetrical double heart knot, that i would have had a tough time to develop by guidance, so" it is all in the set-up, just waiting to happen. sooner or later.

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

great program I watched the other day by Brian Cox the British physicist called Forces of Nature: the Universe in a Snowflake. He is an atheist but his enchantment and dare I say religiosity shines from his demeanor - I think this comes from a deep seated appreciation of the interdependence and orderliness of the laws that support and animate us

Thttp://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07k7m4zhe Universe in a Snowflake

In this episode Brian uncovers how the stunning diversity of shapes in the natural world are shadows of the rules that govern the universe. In Spain he shows how an attempt by hundreds of people to build thehighest human tower reveals the force that shapes our planet.

In Nepal, honey hunters seek out giant beehives that cling to cliff walls. The perfect hexagonal honeycombs made by the bees to store their honey conceal a mathematical rule.

Off the coast of Canada, Brian explains how some of the most irregular, dangerous shapes in nature - massive icebergs that surge down from Greenland and into shipping lanes of the Atlantic - emerge from a powerful yet infinitely small force of nature. Even the most delicate six-sided snowflake tells a story of the forces of nature that forged it.

• cofty
    cofty
    He is an atheist but his enchantment and dare I say religiosity shines from his demeanor - Ruby

No you dare not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit