Tony & JW made it to Norweigian media - even a pic of "dat broadcast"

by Festus 35 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''Problem watchtower has is they can not remove DF arrangements. They be sued all over the world by ex jws''

WT is like a horse stuck in quick sand with 3 controversial practices;

1) Blood doctrine

2) Shunning

3) Two witness rule

It is NOT possible for the Borg to remove ANY of the above without serious ramifications.

It goes without saying if they would be sued out of existence if they removed the 'blood doctrine'.

The shunning policy,,,,,enough to be said there it's obvious. They need that for control,

And last but not least......harmful and criminalizing two-witness rule. We all know they adhere to that one all the way to the top. With everything,,,and they use it for legal entanglements.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

The more the Borg doubles down on such evil practices,,the harder and more difficult it will be for them to finagle and wiggle out of things.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    They would miss having the right to perform weddings, I imagine...?

I doubt it. This is how it used to be in the UK years ago. The wedding was conducted at the KH and then the couple went to the Registrar's Office for the legal part, or as often happened at our KH, the Registrar came along to the KH, sat through the service and then did the signing of the register. We always had the same Registrar, she was a very pleasant lady and attended many JW marriages. She appears on many of our KH wedding photos, the only thing she insisted was that the register was covered for the photos.

George

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers.

Princess Leia

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

They would miss having the right to perform weddings, I imagine...?

St. George of England I doubt it. This is how it used to be in the UK years ago. The wedding was conducted at the KH and then the couple went to the Registrar's Office for the legal part, or as often happened at our KH, the Registrar came along to the KH, sat through the service and then did the signing of the register.

Yes it's always been that way in the UK. I think now the registrar observes the ceremony and then ensures the couple & witnesses sign the wedding registry.

I presume in Norway officially registered religions are permitted to perform their own legal ceremony. Once Watchtower is longer registered it will be as in the UK, the registrar will attend the kingdom Hall in order to officiate the legal part of the ceremony.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

That's what I was wondering. In the USA, the couple can go to their local City Hall and get a marriage license, and they're married. Simple as that. The wedding can still happen, it's only a ceremony after all. They just have to take that extra step to make it official.

I guess it's a slight inconvenience and a small loss in prestige. But not the end of the world.

• Listener
    Listener

They must be panicking about not being registered as a religion. It will be even easier to identify them as a cult.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Honestly, at this point, I doubt they give a shit what “Satans World” labels them.

I think it’s about maintaining a minimum level of revenue flow for operating costs.

Thing of it is, if the Org can’t do that without help from secular government, it suggests they’re on thinner financial ice than previously thought.

• St George of England
    St George of England
    Yes it's always been that way in the UK. I think now the registrar observes the ceremony and then ensures the couple & witnesses sign the wedding registry.

Not any more, a local brother is appointed as the registrar and completes the register. There are certain administrative requirements such as the registration documents need to be kept in a safe, the "special ink" is used (£15 small bottle) but it has been that way in the UK for many years. I have been married over 50 years and it was that way even then.

George

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

""Thing of it is, if the Org can’t do that without help from secular government, it suggests they’re on thinner financial ice than previously thought.""

If that's the case,,we will probably see the real ugly side of the Borg when it comes to legal or financial entanglements.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit