Just a quick Poll...Do you think the GB is sincere?

by NikL 58 Replies latest jw friends

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

The absolute belief in the rightness of what they're doing is what makes it so difficult to change their mind or offer correction especially with the GB members who has made huge mistake. When it comes to spiritual justification it's almost impossible to correct, even if everyone else can see it. How can you tell if someone is being sincere? Who is always on the receiving end in the relationship. Last week my grandson(9 years old) and I were in Walmart, he turn to me when we were in the game section, "Papa you are my only grandfather and you are the best grandfather ever". So I ask him, Ok what do you want????

• waton
    waton

I have been in close contact with Knorr, Frantz, Herd, Splane, that does just makes me only an observer of outward appearance indicating character.

I would say they are sincere to the point that they would do anything to have their state of mind come true in reality.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    SBFatIn historical perspective I reckon the most sincere believer ever on the Governing Body was probably Jack Barr. And the most likely candidates for people who realised it was all nonsense - Nathan Knorr and Lyman Swingle.

Have you seen the Bethel widows video? Jack Barrs wife I strongly suspect is at least a bit awake!

I agree all the leaders - Russel, Rutherford, Knorr and Franz *knew* it was made up BS.

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer
    I agree all the leaders - Russel, Rutherford, Knorr and Franz *knew* it was made up BS.

Does that include the current GB members too?

BTW I agree with your remarks that they know it's all made up.

• LV101
    LV101

They know which words to mumble when it's called for - on stage 24/7 whenever they need to be play along. They believe they're in the upper echelon and they're hanging on for dear life - whatever it takes to continue the drama.

• smiddy
    smiddy

I dont think any of them are now sincere believers , however they have invested so much time and effort into promoting the JW brand ,pride/loss of face is preventing them from ever giving it up.

Also

Its a lifestyle they and their wives have become accustomed to and they are reluctant to give that up given their age and what else could they do now.

And so they will keep the the farce up as long as they can knowing their is no Jehovah ,no Jesus that is ever going to ask an account from them.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

C: Completely insincere. They know they are teaching falsehoods and they either don't care or maybe that is their plan as per some of the conspiracy buffs among us. because they're in it for the power and rock star lifestyle.

I look forward to reading of their demise.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

B

I think they're sincere and deluded at the same time. Although i dont believe for a second that they actually care about the members welfare.

I think they know they're wrong on many things but unable to undo it because they've put so much emphasis on 1914, no blood and Jehovah being God's true name.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I go with B: Somewhat Sincere.

They have gone through a lot of trouble lately declaring that they do not experience revelation or inspiration as part of their calling. Why would they do this if they didn't have some misgivings. They know most JWs envision them as prophets, and as guides appointed by Jehovah to lead his organization. But it must be tough to lead lives where you're at the top and you get NOTHING! After all, you're supposed to feed God's people spiritual meat and drink and it's like pointing a radio telescope up at the sky and getting residual static. On the one hand, they're coming up empty handed, but on the other, what other religion could be right?

Option 1: If JWs aren't right, then who is? We've thought it out and we're as perfect as perfect can be. Let's hold an even keel and hope for the best.

Option 2: God has revealed everything he intended to. He expects us to take the spiritual meat and feed it to the congregations, which we're doing. Nothing's wrong.

Option 3: We could have figured this whole thing out wrong, but as long as we don't actually claim to be prophets, we can have some degree of plausible deniability.

Option 4: We're not who we've made ourselves out to be. We used to imply we had the inside track to God, but we've been disasters when you think about it. Every single date we've been wrong about and every event we've claimed had to be invisible, so even we couldn't see it. We're screwed, but if we jump ship, what happens if the Watchtower thing is real?

Quite a choice to make, no?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

You group the Governing as if they are a single person. The sincerity varies amongst the different members,

Ray Franz once sent me an email where he explained that some were sincere and some were in it for the power.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit