Just a quick Poll...Do you think the GB is sincere?

by NikL 58 Replies latest jw friends

• ttdtt
    ttdtt

I used to - but not any more - to much that shows they know what they are doing.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Since the WTS leaders such as the GB take in most of the power and privilege of this very rich religious publishing house, it would be good assumption that they are quite sincere in keeping it going.

They have even excused themselves of all or any fault by proclaiming they are not infallible . So take are bullshit as it is or Feck off , we are not going anywhere.

The fact that these false prophet charlatans have convinced so many people to be in subjective servitude to them as modern day apostles as it were, is a astonishing achievement in itself.

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

Does it matter whether they're sincere or not? In the passage below, taken from Matthew 7, sincerity isn't mentioned once. If someone's marriage is ruined, their children driven away, I may have have great motives, but if the results are evil, how can I be good? And if I prophesy incorrect dates that cause others to ruin their lives, plan poorly, make poor investments and not educating themselves...

Aren't these evil fruits?

OR...if I, without any authority, cause someone to die because I guess concerning a doctrine that causes someone to refrain from lifegiving blood...

Isn't that evil fruit?

Where does the Lord mention sincerity?

15 Beware of false prophets which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
    16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. ...
    18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name [and]...done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

You might say the WTS leaders are sincerely corrupt.

• John_Mann
    John_Mann

D.

This is a very difficult question. I think they know everything about TTATT but are true believers anyway.

But the most difficult question is if there's somebody behind and above them regarding the money.

If you think about it there's something very strange with this organization.

Even former members can't grasp exactly the full mechanisms of the Watchtower.

Carl Sagan said he could not understand how and why Watchtower existed after 1914.

The very existence of the Watchtower can't be easily explained by former members and outsiders.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The GB members are hyped on power, privilege and prestige as being on the GB.

When that happens sincerity is usually far behind out of thought and consciousness.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Deceived deceivers.

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

NO

They MUST know that things aren't right. There is too much out there for them not to know. Personally, I think they are fully aware, but HAVE TO put on a front to keep the boat steady. Fear is also a major factor. Mess with us or else. Ray Franz is testament of that!

• cha ching
    cha ching

I believe they know... I know, and I don't even hear all the crap THEY do. I am not an elder, I am not a man.

I know...... I have seen enough of them, heard enough from them....They know...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit