Just a quick Poll...Do you think the GB is sincere?

by NikL 58 Replies latest jw friends

• NikL
    NikL

I've been thinking about this the past few days and curious what the honest consensus is here just for fun.

Show of hands,

Is the Governing Body...

A: Completely Sincere. They really do believe what they teach.

B: Somewhat Sincere. They may have started out sincere but got jaded by power and money etc.

C: Completely insincere. They know they are teaching falsehoods and they either don't care or maybe that is their plan as per some of the conspiracy buffs among us.

D: Other...Please elaborate

• sloppyjoe2
    sloppyjoe2
    I would go with somewhat sincere. Being in charge of a billion plus dollar corporation will eventually lead to making some decision or action related strictly to power and/or money. But as the saying goes, tell a lie long enough and you'll eventually believe it. I don't doubt they believe they're own BS. They truly believe they are directed by God due to success. As much as people on this board predict the demise of the watchtower, go back to the beginning of this board, and people were predicting it then, the org keeps growing. Stagnation and even decline can happen but in the long run, it will just keep getting bigger and outlast all of us. Their very existence confirms their belief.
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Do you think the GB is sincere?Image result for Laughing hysterically

• sparky1
    sparky1

They are just as sincere as any other self-righteous, God intoxicated, religiously deluded, power hungry, paternalistic, bible thumping human being. At least that is my opinion.

• millie210
    millie210

D. They are sincere in the way that deluded people are sincere but 100% wrong.

I guess that makes them sincerely wrong.

• Slidin Fast
    Slidin Fast

I have long thought that they have as few choices as any other trapped witness. If they have any doubts who do they express them to? They would be just as out in the cold as Raymond France. Despite his spirited efforts, nothing changed.

If they have those doubts though, how do they live with themselves?

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

A narcissistic person is always sincere they just don't have all the facts.

• Londo111
    Londo111

I don't know.

D? All of the the above?

Was David Koresh sincere? Was Jim Jones? Was Marshal Applewhite?

• blondie
    blondie

True Believers

• John Free
    John Free

Yep agree with sloppyjoe. It is a disgusting beast that has evolved into being. It exists in its current form because its prey\people are susceptible to the BITE model. The higher uppers are just as trapped as the rank and file. As you work your way up the ladder you are trained by the jw higher upper culture to become arrogent and haughty and sneer at the lower downers. The GB have gone through this system and would have made sacrifices in life to get where they are, they believed they had the truth and likely continue too. But the culture has trained them to become vile people- 'the ends justifies the means' mentality has twisted them morally into condoning horrendous things such as the covering up of child sexual abuse. They are believers but they should still be in prison.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit