A BEARD PREDICTION FOR 2024

by AndersonsInfo 70 Replies latest jw friends

• TheScientist
    TheScientist
    I was so stupid in thinking they were going to offer me assistance for what I was going through. Boy, I was dumb!

You were not dumb! You just thought what a normal people with empathy would do for people on your condition. I'm so sorry you had to go through this situation.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

This youtube comment on the subject of wt beards made me smile - I think I know what they meant!😉

This makes me wonder what the bible has to say about shaving my public hair.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Ron.W. - “…He was a pompous overbearing jackass… Just heard he has been disfellowshipped for shagging his wife's best friend...”

I’ve lost count of how often that story’s been told here…

…and it still never gets old.

😏

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

Just heard that those in Bethel had at least a weeks extra notice on the beard new light.

Many Bethelites had stopped shaving at least a week before the new light was announced to the world. Now some of these bethelites have proper beards already.

Oh how times have changed, could you ever imagine going to Bethel and seeing all the brothers with beards?

Id say this year 2023 has marked a very significant shift in the organisation with no more reports and the fact that you don’t have to take Pascal’s wager you can now wager the JWs have it wrong and change your bet after horse race has finished and see who won ✅

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I guess the GB didn’t think it would be such a big thing and only those already with beards would then be able to reach out as they are so desperate for brothers.

But the way things are going many more brothers have stopped shaving than the GB thought.

it reminds me of the Northern Ireland troubles in the 1970s, where the English undercover wanted to blend in and grew beards. After a while they realised the IRA all started shaving and it was easy to tell undercover agents as they all had beards

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I guarantee there will be many brothers going for Chuck Russell carbon copy beards. Some will do it for fun, others because they're ultra JW wackos. New light is sooo exciting !!!

• blondie
    blondie

Van Amburgh on the Board of Directors/WTS

ZZ Top (@ZZTop) / X

I see that the WTS will need to have rules as to what is allowed for beards. I remember when they had rules about side burns. Or how far your hair could go below your earlobes. And all the rules about mustaches, like the one where hispanic men could have mustaches only. That was probably a regional thing.

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

On the surface the end to the beard ban seems reasonable. However, Jehovahs witness members still had to wait for the governing body to "allow" them to wear beards. This of course is unreasonable and unscriptual in itself. As noted here, over zealous elders will be monitoring beards and counseling what a "well groomed" beard is. It's all about control.

This whole controversy would be unthinkable in an authentic Christian church.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW
    And all the rules about mustaches.

I got called to task for that by more than one elder/circuit overseer. Their rules were "no longer than the corner of your mouth, and you had to be able to fit a nickle between the bottom of the mustache and the top of your lip." I pissed off one circuit overseer when I asked if it would be permitted to cut it in the manner of Hitler?

• LeeMerk
    LeeMerk

Sideburns being too long in the 90s were controversial in a city area but still good in a rural area which had leftover styles from the 70s. Ridiculous and all about control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit