A BEARD PREDICTION FOR 2024

by AndersonsInfo 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

WT loyalists tend to be a tad outdated when comes to fashion, cause they’ve always worried about looking faddish.

Maybe we’ll see the occasional mullet. 😏

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

I'm watching the meeting on Zoom and several elders look like they are growing beards. Unless it is just bad lighting and pixelation.

Do they not realize that bearded Spock existed in the evil mirror universe, for a reason.

• WokenfromJWcult
    WokenfromJWcult

https://youtu.be/efrSFZVFtQ4?feature=shared Even among bearded cults disagreements arise. Won’t take too long for grumblings to arise among jws

• ExBethelitenowPIMA
    ExBethelitenowPIMA

I’m interested to know how many have stopped shaving.

people I ask it’s between 20-30% of some congregations

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

My guess is 20 to 30. I know only 3 personally, but zoom.. A few comments on my having a head start(2 years), but that was partly stubbornness, lack of caring(rebellion), and skin trouble.

I know some who stubble up and shave only for midweek and Sunday.

Starting is the perpetual problem.

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if they now will let the men shave their heads, like bald guys that don't have much hair to start with, or those with other reasons.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I’ve seen plenty of JW men with shaved heads over the years.

• blondie
    blondie

Vidiot, my husband got a shorter haircut than he intended, and he was counseled by the elders that he looked like a thug, gangster, etc. He hardly had any hair anyway. I guess it depends on the BOE to set the rules for their own congregation, so said the CO.

• Doctor Who
    Doctor Who

Blonde,

I was going through chemotherapy and lost some of my hair about 12 years ago. So, I started to shave my head to make it look more "presentable" in field service. At the next midweek meeting, I got pulled into the back room for some counsel about my shaved head. I was so stupid in thinking they were going to offer me assistance for what I was going through. Boy, I was dumb! After my next session of Chemo, I laid on the bathroom floor in a fetal position, sick as a dog, pondering how my shaved head was a distraction to the preaching work (Yeah, that was dripping with sarcasm).

Now, many years removed, I shave my head, wear a goatee, and don't care what those men have to say.

• Ron.W.
    Ron.W.

Sorry to hear of those two previous experiences.

One really overbearing elder used to tell me to get a shave, get a haircut, don't drink too much.

He was a pompous overbearing jackass.

Just heard he has been disfellowshipped for shagging his wife's best friend...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit