Australian Royal Commission Findings released

by Mephis 75 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Alive!...

If you ran the JW-Talk or JW-dot-org websites, would you mention it?

• Dagney
    Dagney

Bumping to read later. Scanned through it quickly...amazing. Just amazing.

They look really bad on paper. YAY!!

• wifibandit
  • Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

punkofnice said '...Stunning! Say no more, squire! Mr Jackson is a liar. Dr Applewhite ia a liar. the whole darn kit and kaboodle of the watchtower is a lie..'

HOWEVER,

the Watchtower's submission states on page 139

'...11.82 Counsel Assisting’s suggested finding F73:
    F73 Dr Applewhite’s report is therefore rejected. For the reasons provided in paragraphs 9.400 to 9.401, the finding should read: Dr Applewhite’s report is therefore accepted ...'

It appears as if someone 'just doesn't get it' !

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

The ARC is truly revealing 'The Truth About The Truth'!

"It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!" Image result for symbol for music

Thank you ARC!

• Tornintwo
    Tornintwo
    They're response has all the attitude of a belligerent child 'that's not fair, it's not like that', 'it might be black but I say it's white'
  • GodZoo
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

WBTSofA Submission 10.2: "...Unfortunately, those assisting the Commission appear to have misunderstood the relevant Jehovah’s Witnesses’ documents, which would not be the case with congregation elders who understand and implement the direction contained in the documents with the support of the Service Department."

LOL The bold part made me laugh.

The commission did such an awesome job of capturing the context and subtext of the relevant documents. To claim that there was a misunderstanding is laughable.

Besides that, when dealing with something as dire as child sexual abuse, the directions should be incredibly CLEAR - with no room for ambiguity or misunderstanding.

If the documents were 'misunderstood', really, who is to blame here? The author(s) or the educated reader?

• Gentledawn
    Gentledawn
    Ruby456: omg - this report isn't as damning as I'd thought it would be - it really isn't. Other religions examined are much much worse.

"doctrine of relative filth" - When unethical actions look good when compared with worse behavior by others.

Ruby456: Most of the changes required are related to religion v secularism views of children and women against family orientation

WTF is "family orientation"? Your whole final sentence reads like gibberish, imo. Nice misdirect (fallacious reasoning) in the opening remark, too.

To be clear: the submission isn't the final report yet.

"The submission will outline key findings based on the hearing’s evidence and the recommendations likely to come from them. The recipients of the submission may then provide their own written submissions in reply.

The Commissioners then consider this information when they form their final recommendations during the course of the Royal Commission." -
    http://www.childabuseroyalcommission.gov.au/.../case-studies

As I understand it, the government will review the final policy recommendations and can enact some or all recommendations into law.

What really shocks me is that Watchtower doesn't agree with one single finding. Their response is basically: "not supported by the evidence", "too broad", "incorrect", "should be disregarded", etc. They are so holy; they didn't do anything wrong. It makes me puke.

Take for example their response on the commissions finding "F54 The sanction of disfellowshipping does nothing to protect children in the community". Watchtower's reply begins with: "9.301 No evidence was presented to support the suggested finding." Really? Are they suggesting that they did something to protect children in the community? They go on: "9.304 The suggested finding wrongly assumes a broad obligation upon Jehovah’s Witnesses 'to protect children in the community' but fails to identify how such an obligation exists."
    #FAIL GO TO THE POLICE!

Morons.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit