Bethelites Vow Of Poverty

by pale.emperor 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice
    You're deluded doubter.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

I worked when I was at bethel, doing a few income tax returns and accounting. Earnt a couple of thousand dollars. I asked for permission from a Branch Committee member, who gave me verbal permission, provided it didn’t interfere with my Bethel work and congregation duties.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Doubter is a watchtard.. Doubter’s writing style is “off.” Doubter is mentally disturbed.

DD

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sounds like a vow of damnation to me. Regardless of what you might have been taught, material things are an integral part of your being. Taking this away takes away a part of what makes you, you--and that is especially so if you choose your own material things instead of having them dispensed to you by some monastery. And, taking a vow of poverty simply means that part of you is being taken away, plus your soul is programmed to embrace poverty and hardship in any future life. Is that what you want?

And, you are enslaved. Again, do you want your soul programmed to be enslaved? This is preparation for being totally enslaved, as in Stalin's Russia. Your energy goes toward that end. Abide by that damnation book, and you are working toward that outcome on a global level. And abiding by the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is no better.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Control a person's perception of reality and you control them.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I'm still looking for the cognitive dissonance in any of my posts.

Indoctrinated people do things of the own volition because they've been told certain things.

Forced people do things even if they don't want to.

Theres no way a person in their right mind would sign that form unless they've been convinced (indoctrinated) over time and led to believe the Watchtower society is gods org.

• new boy
    new boy

The real reason this document was created was to stop all Bethelites from "G jobbing" or having outside work.

When I was at Bethel one Bethelite Dave Borga actually had a full time job out side Bethel. He got only 3 to 4 hours sleep a night. He didn't last long.

• blankspace
    blankspace

When you're really deluded, you'll be more than happy to sign that. When you're desperate for acceptance or when you completely believe that you're doing God's work, you will sign that. And then when the rose-colored spectacles lose their charm and you start waking up, you shake your head in disbelief and wonder what in the world possessed you to sign something like that. I was one of them!

On the other hand, there are many who sign the vow of poverty and find loopholes to their benefit. And there are a lot of loopholes if you look hard enough.

• mann377
    mann377

This vow of poverty agreement sounds like an "Adhesion contract". What if a Bethelite were to inherit money from a relative? Would the no income rule come into force and the individual would have to turn over the inheritance to the org? Yikes!

• sir82
    sir82

What if a Bethelite were to inherit money from a relative? Would the no income rule come into force and the

individual would have to turn over the inheritance to the org? Yikes!

The thing about income does mention "from any work or personal efforts". So it seems like an inheritance wouldn't fall under that.

Unless the Bethelite literally got away with murder and bumped off the relative who left him the money.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit