Bethelites Vow Of Poverty

by pale.emperor 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Indoctrination is not another word for forced they are completely different words with different meanings.

Being indoctrinated to believe certain things can move someone to "volunteer" for anything.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Nonsense. I am not talking about the dictionary definition of the term. I’m referring to the way it’s used by “anti cultists” of all stripes — to refer to the condition of a person not having a choice being “forced” in essence, via “brainwashing”.

Seriously, I suspect you know what mean.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I'm not saying JWs do not have a choice they do they just choose not to use it because they fail to question their indoctrination.

I have never ever said adult JWs are forced to join because they are not. Any person that turns 18 yrs of age is legally and intellectually responsible for their own decisions. JW children are conditioned to believe they are not. They are lied to by parents who were lied to but that does NOT absolve them of their responsibility or consequences of decisions they make as an adult.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

I'm surprised they didn't mention anything about pillows in that list.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Sparrow,

Stop trying to split hairs. Either that they are indoctrinated and have no choice, or they are not indoctrinated and have total choice.

The way many idiots employ that term implies indoctrination = no choice whatsoever, period.

You can’t have it both ways.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Doubter - jws do not have freedom of association because they Can be reproved or disfellowshiped for associating with whom the society deems "the wrong people". Just as you can be reproved for being on this site and associating with us "mentally diseased apostates" as the society so kindly put it in the November 2011 study watchtower.

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Doubter if you don't agree with the society on things and speak up then you're reproved or disfellowshiped, where's freedom of choice in that?? Its their way or the highway

• Doubter
    Doubter

There is not such category of “the wrong people” the “society” deems are an offense that is subject to sanctioning if jws associate with them.

Ex-jws only fall under that category for potential sanctions.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

I do not use the words indoctrination and forced interchangeably - ever. I am NOT one of those people.

JWs are heavily infuenced by their years of indoctrination and their decisions reflect that.

If indoctrination in JW beliefs is not present in a person's life does that person just wake up one day and think I would love to make bethel a career? Do non JWs apply to go to bethel? No they do not.

BUT, that does not mean in any way shape or form that someone forced them to apply to go to bethel.

Bethelites are not forced to apply for bethel I do not know how many ways I can say it.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Either that they are indoctrinated and have no choice, or they are not indoctrinated and have total choice.

That's not correct. Your black and white thinking is showing. We were all at one time indoctrinated, yet we didnt all apply for Bethel. Indoctrinated people still have choices. It's more correct to say that the indoctrinated can be "influenced" to go down a certain path. You know, like making your child carry an advanced medical directive to tell paramedics to let them bleed to death? I carried one as a kid. My parents were indoctrinated. They had a choice. But they were severely influenced to agree with the governing body's direction.

The fact is, a JW has the choice to leave the cult. But they know if they do they'll lose their family. So there's the coercion, the influence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit