Bethelites Vow Of Poverty

by pale.emperor 84 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Freedom rocks
    Freedom rocks

Sorry doubter but the society is pushing its members to shun inactive ones now as well.

I didn't disassociate because I'd done anything wrong, I disassociated because I saw the society for what it is after researching its early publications. People I've known for over a decade shun me because I've chosen to have a different view, which I Didnt voice to them therefore I want even classed as an apostate. They shunned without even knowing the circumstances behind me disassociating and all because the society say someone who leaves is mentally diseased.

They only say that so its members can't have their eyes open to 'the truth about the truth'. That's because the religion doesn't stand up under scrutiny and they know it!!

• Doubter
    Doubter

Pale E.

Tons of word salad there. That’s what happens when you are trying to hold two contradictory views at once. We call that cognitive dissonance. You are definitely exhibiting that.

Yes a black-and-white definition is definitely required when you’re attempting to explain a fact. If you’re not attempting to explain a fact, then you’re making my point that “indoctrination” has many made up definitions depending on what ex-[insert religion here] member you’re talking to.

Either JW‘s are free to choose, or they’re not.

Period.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Generally i agree. Specifically there is level coercion that you conviently ignore, doubter. To be an inactive witness, let alone df’d, is a huge deal for family and friends. You dont have to admit it. Hust try and live it and then tell me your “free” to choose. You are, without a doubt. You can certainly choose not to be a jw.

Its just not “free”.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Please, I was an ex jw for 10 years. I just realized that choices have consequences, both good and bad, and you HAVE to live with them. That’s what you’re ignoring. That’s life. I accepted those consequences and I was fine while I was out.

You don’t want to accept those consequences. That’s why you say it’s not a “free” choice.

Once you recognize and accept that fact, you will make smart decisions.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

*snicker* i made the choice and have zero regrets. You know me from no where.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Doubters back I see.

If you are raised in this religion you are forced down a one way street. You can either be a jw or lose you're family friends and all structure you've ever known!

That is a ridiculous choice that I cant believe any loving God would impose. Blood transfusion ,education , there's really not much choice any child has of their own free will to make before legal age. The fact that college is taken away from people based on religious leaders that the parents have never met is insane!

If you're happy in the cult good for you. But people like myself would rather decide what we want in life than have it decided for us by men we've never met.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

Tell me how any born in child has any choice before they turn 18!

It's simple you cant. So you basically are FORCED to give up 1/5 of you're life . Some of the best years I might add for a bunch of fucktards in New York!

• Doubter
    Doubter

Morph,

Yes I know you from nowhere. My post wasn’t based on whether or not I know you — it was based on your it’s “not a free choice” assertion.

It’s the same universal argument made by ex jws. If there are no restrictions after being sanctioned, they say it’s a free choice. If there are restrictions, they say it’s not a free choice.

Unfortunately, life simply doesn’t work that way. Sanctions by nature carry certain restrictions. If there are no restrictions, sanctions have literally no purpose.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Lol you just made your very own word salad full of rotten comparisons and false propositions.

• Doubter
    Doubter

Please, morph.

I stated a FACT. Go ahead, peruse any exjw forum/blog and in very short order, you’ll see them claiming they’re “not free to leave” for the simple FACT they are restricted in their association with jw family and friends if they want to formally leave.

Go ahead...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit