Preparing the sheeple for finally abandoning the significance of 1914

by under the radar 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Crazyguy2
    Crazyguy2

Sounds like their digging thier heals in to me!

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze

It is hard to imagine them abandoning 1914, even at the expense of looking supremely foolish with all their "generation" explanations.

The reason is simple: If Jesus didn't return in 1914, then the Gentile Times haven't ended. And, if the Gentile Times haven't ended, then all the promises made to annointed believers in the New Testament are still "game on" for believers. All believers can still be anointed (born again)....and can still be guaranteed a not-guilty judgment based solely on faith in Christ's blood - As opposed to a works-based salvation that the WT tries to saddle everyone else with.

Romans 8: 1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus

And, since this imagined exclusivity is where Watchtower leaders garner their authority, they would lose their coveted position as the remnant of Christ's Brothers and hence at the same time lose their status of the sole dispensers of "food at the proper time" and all other self-glorifying identifications they indulge in.

Keep in mind that it is still official Watchtower doctrine that the entire NT was written only to annointed christians.

If they abandon 1914 this opens up the prospect of rank and file members appropriating the commands, promises (and authority) contained in the NT for themselves, which would drastically diminish the position of the WTBS, effectively dismantling it.

• baldeagle
    baldeagle

I'll go along with many here that it's an April fools joke.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Its probably an April's fools joke but the way the WTS has changed up or eliminated certain doctrines , the squashing of 1914 is a viable possibility.

• TD
    TD

Whilst some in the past have clung to dates such as 607 BCE, the Faithful Salve has always advised caution.

What is the source for this? It reads like a parody, or perhaps even an April Fools joke.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

If it was true the op would have replied by now saying he retyped everything to avoid tracing

• APieceOfShitNamedTate
    APieceOfShitNamedTate

At least the All Scripture reference is accurate. It would be great if this is true. I hope this isn't Baterade all over again. (Don't judge me.)

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

While this is certainly an April Fool's prank, it's a good one.

• Sanchy
    Sanchy

Fake news!

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was hoping this were true. I think if it were true it would be just the thing that would cause my parents to finally leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit