Preparing the sheeple for finally abandoning the significance of 1914

by under the radar 79 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• under the radar
    under the radar

The source is a poster on reddit/exjw who posted a link to the April 2019 announcements sent to all bodies of elders.

These same announcements said the elders are to visit all elderly and infirm ones to demonstrate the loving provision of setting up recurring donations with their credit card. Don't believe it? Take a gander...

"Online donations: Group Overseers and their Assistants should arrange to visit all house-bound, elderly and infirm ones in their group and demonstrate the loving provision to setup recurring donations online at '[email protected].' Some may simply need initial assistance to avail themselves of this provision."

I hate this forking cult and all like it. Blood sucking leeches...

Note: I removed the link from the above quote. I don't want to help those mortar torquers get even one more click.

• jp1692
    jp1692

UTR, thanks for the clarification.

So it sounds intriguing, but we need confirmation before we should take it any too seriously.

jp

• hoser
    hoser

The credit card donation bit I definitely believe. It wouldn’t suprise me that they would ditch 1914. Look back 15 years and see the changes.

Nothing would surprise me at this point

• zeb
    zeb

"Whilst some in the past" oh my, oh my. If this is true..?

"Some"...? the wt has stuck to the 607 thing like shit to a blanket.

For an expose of that read,"The Gentile times Reconsidered" by Jonnson. He was an elder who left or was dfd over the the gb obsession with chronology. The book also gives a livid account of the gb responses to anyone who dares to differ from the 'party-line'.

The Watchtower society is a white hot example of the very sects and divisions they preach rant against.

• waton
    waton

I like to see this posted not around April 1st. and:

that takes one more subject out of our armoire to disprove wt's current relevance. too bad for those that dwelled on it.

• atomant
    atomant

its an april fools joke for sure.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

The Faithful Salve!

LOL, That's just too funny

• waton
    waton

would they fire such a salvo? sinking 1914, the last straw, they cling to?

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

April 1.

G.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Not surprising if this is real. A lot here have speculated about not if but when they will drop the 1914 date.

Waiting until 2019 makes sense because it is now 100 years since the last date tied to 1914, the war in heaven, the casting down of Satan and finally the establishment of pure worship on earth in 1919.

After 100 years with nothing to show, even the gb must realise they are pushing it.

Edited to add, I have often wondered if they would consider switching their equations to the secular date of 587 for the starting point of the end time prophecies. This would buy them another 20 years. I'm sure they could come up with something significant occurring in 1934.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit