Good Guys VS Bad Guys: Facts Nobody Wants to KNow

by TerryWalstrom 143 Replies latest jw friends

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Oh good Lord - a vacuous response but I guess some people like vacuous responses.

The Falklands war wasn't a bankers' war. It started because the Argentine military invaded. The UK government had to deal with that disturbance of the peace by sending British units to Falkland.

WW2 wasn't a bankers' war either. WW2 happened because of Hitler's outrageous land grabs - stealing Sudetenland from Czechoslovakia and stealing chunks of land from Poland.

Bankers may profit from wars but to say all wars are bankers' wars is a ridiculous analysis.

• Simon
    Simon

I think the really terrible thing is that most recent wars that the US has fought have, in hindsight, been fought for reasons which were faked or invented.

There is money to be made by having war and it's an industry like any other that will push for its own interests.

Note this does not apply to wars where some other country has clearly been the aggressor, it's just that often the US contrives an incident to claim that has happened to justify a war.

• humbled
    humbled

True.

• amicabl
    amicabl

How far back does it go?

history.com.......May 28th 1754......Lieutenant Colonel George Washington causes the seven years war. I always thought the French were not the aggressors but this article doesn’t make that clear, at least not for me.

Just one incident in the stream of time.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I think the really terrible thing is that most recent wars that the US has fought have, in hindsight, been fought for reasons which were faked or invented - yes this is true.

America deserves to be criticised for this and leaders like Bush and Blair should really be prosecuted.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

all wars are bankers wars - there's also a concern about the future. Suppose we in the West start teaching future generations of school kids this.

Does anyone honestly think rogue despots like Kim Jong Un or terrorists like ISIS will start to agree with us, put down their weapons, and teach children under their control the same thing?

Rather, might the above sentiment embolden rogue despots and terrorists?

Food for thought ...

• humbled
    humbled

https://www.cnn.com/2013/03/19/opinion/iraq-war-oil-juhasz/index.html

The above article has more food for thought.

What do we tell our children when rogue despots and terrorists don’t have to lie about the U.S. enriching special interests by abusing its power and reputation as the“good guy”?

Edit:Soldiers will go through horrors for a good cause. But they are crushed when they are used as hit-men for big money.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

The cnn article was indeed food for thought.

The Iraq war was a very serious mistake.

What do we tell our children when rogue despots and terrorists don’t have to lie about the U.S. enriching special interests by abusing its power and reputation as the“good guy”? - well here's what we don't do: we don't tell our children that all wars are bankers' wars.

That's like a surgeon trying to carry out delicate microsurgery with a 14 lb lump hammer.

Here's an idea - tell school kids the Iraq war was wrong, or at least let them have an open discussion on the issue. And while we're at it we can teach them that the Afghanistan war was right because it was about, not oil, but exterminating terrorist training camps and ending Taliban rule.

There are some seriously bad bastards out there who hate our way of life and our countries.

We cannot ignore this just because Bush, Blair and others did wrong.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Mindless slogans such as all wars are bankers' wars seem to be similar to the crap that Stop The War protesters come out with.

The following is a clip of one of these protesters at a recent rally. This woman is protesting Theresa May's airstrikes of Assad's weapons bases. There is a sensible argument against May's involvement in Syria but this madwoman clearly isn't making it.

She claims that Assad is a good man who doesn't kill people.

These people are unbe-f**king-lievable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D3c-MHr87w

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I wouldn’t say Assad is a good man. But is he worse than Tony Blair or Bush for example? They gave orders that caused the deaths of millions, and not when they were under immediate threat as the Syrian government has been. There was a Syrian on Radio 4 yesterday who asked why so many are fighting for Assad and why so many Syrians support him if he is a brutal dictator? I don’t know. The people opposing him seem to be mainly violent fundamentalists and western powers, not his own people. I admit I find it confusing. I don’t think we have a clear picture of what on earth is going on. It is no wonder many people are not convinced these chemical attacks are what they are presented to be. These things can be so easily faked now that no amount of footage is convincing. It is a very strange world we live in now. I don’t trust Putin or Theresa May to tell the truth. Everyone has their own agenda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit