Return To God, and He WIll Forgive You in a Large Way!

by AwakenedAndFree 270 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

(((((Dear Abaddon))))

You said:"Bye bye;"

I don't agree with what you said about me. But I still consider yourself my fellowman/neighbor. I love you as you are, Abaddon, and I wish you all the best on your journey to find happiness. You used to be a Christian yourself at one time: you know what I believe in. I hold my Christian faith and convictions very dear.

I posted my religious beliefs under the topic category:" Beliefs, Doctrines and Practices."I don't see anything out of line. If someone does not agree with my belief system: just walk away - no need to resort to name-calling. Please respect what I believe in.

Sincerely,

AwakenedAndFree

• toreador
    toreador

Some people will believe anything for no other reason than "because they want too". Accepting reality would be just TOO painful to bear.

My JW relatives are a prime example.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Well, AwakeandFree

Upon asking why you would use a bible translation (NWT) you feel was produced by the "Evil Slave" you directed me to your comments regarding the WT society on page 4 where you say:

Jehovah God assigned these ones to be God's representatives here on earth to teach the accurate Word of God, His Will to the peoples of the whole earth; and God lovingly gave the Watchtower Society His acceptable version of The Bible. I sincerely believe that The New World Translation Bible published by the Watchtower Society is an accurate revision; and I personally trust it and consider this Bible as being the true accepted version that Jehovah God Approves for teaching all peoples.Jehovah God assigned these ones to be God's representatives here on earth to teach the accurate Word of God, His Will to the peoples of the whole earth; and God lovingly gave the Watchtower Society His acceptable version of The Bible. I sincerely believe that The New World Translation Bible published by the Watchtower Society is an accurate revision; and I personally trust it and consider this Bible as being the true accepted version that Jehovah God Approves for teaching all peoples.

I can see that, if one feels that they were once used by God and then later lost his favor for promoting false teachings. But you then give an example of what happened to the Watchtower Society:

Disconcerted teachings, Unscriptural teachings have been accepted by the Society as Biblically and Scripturally acceptable.The Watchtower Society as well has innumerated God's Laws : created these 'laws'' independently from God, and made them their OWN! And they utter them by saying that they came from the Mouth of God! I will give you one example here: The 1935' Doctrine: grossly, doctrinally innacurate and still taught by the Watchtower Society today as "God's Truth Revelation".

This period you refer to, and their teaching about the Great Crowd (I suppose you are referring to), was a terribly misleading and unscriptural doctrine, telling millions of people that they were not "sons of God" and ultimately were not part of the 'new covenant's or 'saved'. Yet this apostasy from the truth took place 15 years before the NWT was begun and about 25 years before it was released to the world in it's entirety.

Why would God continue using the WT Society as his "chosen ones" to produce the only accurate 'revision' of his word the Bible decades after they had become apostate?

I'm asking sincerely AAF. This seems like a contradiction to me.

Steve

• toreador
    toreador

Yeah, one helluva contradiction. There doesn't seem to be any rationale behind it at all. Please tell us AAF. Maybe there is something we are missing. I guess it wouldn't be the first time.

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

SS I see what you mean. However there seems to be something fishy. I agree with the WT basis justifying "insertion" : If Jesus quoted from a passage in the OT containing the divine name, or whenever a passgage in the NT is quoting the OT containing the divine name ceratinly the divine name would be used. For example when Jesus read from the book of Isaiah, to be faithful to the hebrew text Jesus ceratinly would have read the name YHWH thus when the gospel writers quoted Jesus reading the passage from Isaih containing the name yhwh, in order to be loyal to exactly what the OTstates, YHWH is what the Ot passage says. Foer some reason men have eradicated the name of God fom the Scriptures sems to me.Or would Jesus misrepresnt what the OT says deleting the name and inserting a substitute title for the name. Fishy.

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

AAF:

You seem confused.

I respect your right TO your opinons; you're as free to blat them out as I am to respond to you or to blat out my opinions.

However, I could no more respect what your opinions are than I could respect the opinion of someone who thought shop-lifting wasn't stealing.

They would no doubt have some argument behind such an an insistance, just as you have arguments behind your insistances. But, as with them, when the argument is viewed it is found shallow, wanting, even hypocritical.

You have every right to your opinion, but I have every right to my opinion that your arguments are weak and your opinions are vain.

Even in protesting about your right to an opinion (which no one has ever contested) you complain about name-calling. As YOU have been preaching the eventual destruction of most people on this Earth, down to implying almost on an individual basis whom you judge is worthy of destruction, I think labelling your behaviour is a far lesser 'sin' than your unfettered, unwarranted and unChristian judgement.

At the begining, in the middle, and at the end, it is all about YOU, not really about saving people or preaching god's message, just about the appearance of rightousness you can claim for yourself by doing this.

If it weren't about YOU, then you would be more willing to engage in debate, rather than refusing point blank to question various illogical things, which is what you do. But to debate these things would be to accept YOU might be wrong, and that is what you have built your world around.

You build a false and even sariligious equivalency, that you and god have the same opinion, and therefore your opinion is not to be questioned.

Ever see Jesus do that? If it were about god or his word you'd actually defend it.

I really, really, really hope you learn to see; maybe the New Year will bring a different type of Revelation to you, one in which you follow your heart rather than a literalistic, illogical and god-dishonouring set of beliefs as you do now.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((( Dear jstlaws)))))

There are a lot of good people that I know who are still in the org. : I consider them my Spiritual brothers and sisters because I know that they love Jehovah God and Jesus Christ dearly.They think it is not necessary to search any further as far as testing the Society to determine whether the Society is in fact the Evil Slave Class- the Bible teaches us to test , but they refuse and accept it as is.These ones in the org. have Jehovah God's favour still. I sincerly believe that Jehovah God chose/approved the New World Bible Translation Committe to revise the NWT in 1984.Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to have this revised version of the Bible revised. That's why I think the NWT Bible is accurate and acceptable for teaching.

Had the committe been the Evil Slave Class at that time, there is no way that Jehovah God had approved the revison of the NWT!

Please note : I didn't say: all Governing Body members are Evil Slaves.When I said: "I consider the Society as being the Evil Slave Class", I didn't generalize: I didn't say the whole Society, to it's entirety". In my opinion everything that has been taught by the Society as been Truth and turned out to be false or Unscriptural to this day, then that was created by the Evil Slave Class ,and I believe that's still happening today.

Christian Love,

AAF

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Thanks for your response AAF,

I think I understand what you believe now. You feel the Evil Slave is within the society but does not incompass all its members and some writing and teachings PROVE to be from the "evil slave" and some prove to be from the "faithful slave".

You have come up with a theology that neither the "Evil Slave" or the "Faithful Slave" will support but is nevertheless your belief and I respect it. However, I will suggest you go a little further with your thought:

They think it is not necessary to search any further as far as testing the Society

I fear you will find the same men who loyally produced the NWT and its 'revision' are the same men (perticularly Fred Franz) who produced the errant teachings you attribute to the 'evil slave'. I believe you are a sincere person, so I hope you continue in your search, open mindedly, and prepared to seperate yourself entirely from the "Society" as your search reveals the truth. I wish the best for you.

Love, Steve

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((Dear jstlaws)))),

Thank you for your kind reply.

I said:

"Had the committe been the Evil Slave Class at that time, there is no way that Jehovah God had approved the revison of the NWT!"

I sincerely accept the NWT Bible entirely published by the Watchtower Society, the revised version without reservation as the Bible that Jehovah God approves to teach the peoples' of the earth.

Dear jstlaws, you say that this revised version of the NWT contains errors. This is your opinion. I do not agree with you.

Sincerely.

Christian Love,

AAF

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((((((Dear Abaddon,))))))))

You said:

AAF:

You seem confused

My God is not a God of confusion. He conducts me in clarity.

PSALMS 68:11:" Jehovah himself gives the saying; The women telling the good news are a large army."NWT

Christian Love,

AAF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit