Return To God, and He WIll Forgive You in a Large Way!

by AwakenedAndFree 270 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

You said:"May I ask if you checked the references? You actually looked at the full source, including the bits omitted by the "..."'s?
    Do you mind confirming that? "

I have nothing else to confirm with you . Just as you directed me to your website for information , I also have mentioned the website where I gathered the information that is in question. Please feel free to surf the site and comfirm whatever you are searching for. There is no need to search any further, in my opinion. When you referred me to your "GREEN" Bible, did I impose on you such questionings? Deliberately I chose not to research it - that's all. If you are so much against me to the point of disqualifying the Bible of my choice, by insinuating that it's not a good Bible to use. Have I done that to you? I respect whatever Bible you chose/choose without criticism. If I say that the NWT Bible has been blessed by God - that is what I believe in. I trust the translaters who translated the Holy Scriptures because I strongly believe this translation was blessed by Jehovah God. It is in this sense only that I trust the translaters.

You really don't care that it's a seriously flawed translation do you?"

I said the NWT is not perfect. I didn't say it was flawed. When I say the NWT is not perfect, it's in the sense that it's not complete.

Regardless of clear evidence previously presented to you, you appear not to care, with a dismissive air.
    It seems that you have placed your faith in the Translation Commitee, rather than "Jehovah".

Foremost,I trust in my God Jehovah and in His Son Jesus Christ.I strongly believe the Holy Scriptures contained in the NWT revised version were translated by men whom God Jehovah put trust do execute this very previleged translating work.

It's one thing to have God, or Christ, or even the bible itself as the focus of your faith, but to make an imperfect translation committee such... "

First, I have put my faith in Jehovah God and Jesus Christ . Second, I have chosen the NWT Bible as been the the Bible of my choice because I believe the NWT has been blessed by Jehovah God. The power of the Holy Spirit has revealed this to me in the means of diligent study and much pondering

I haven't "chosen" a translation. I use several. I have my preferences, of course, and I study the original language to clarify the depth of meaning (and alternatives) of passages of scripture.
    Further, I believe that certain passages were "revealed" to me as flawed, by the power of the Holy Spirit. This was confirmed after the fact, by diligent study (some of which passages are highlighted on that website that you so casually dismissed, without even the courtesy of a glance - but it's ok - I used to do that, too, when speaking to householders as a JW). "

Well, I respect the fact that you choose several Bible translations. I am not here to criticize/object what translation you deem is the right one.

II wish you well, and pray that your mind may be opened even a crack to the possibility that you might be misguided on this one."

Thank you, Ross. I wish you well as well. I will pray for you as well. I consider yourself my brother because you believe in Jehovah God and Jesus Christ.Whether I am misguided, or you are misguided, it rests in Our God's Hands Only. It is Jehovah God and Jesus Christ who know that for sure.

Sincerely,Christian Love,

AAF

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A&F:
    First things first: no offense intended.

Secondly, when I talk about looking up references, I don't mean those truncated versions that you pointed us to, and which I did look up. I mean the original material before it was truncated into a sanitised version of what the author would like to portray.

When I say the NWT is not perfect, it's in the sense that it's not complete.

I find this statement interesting.
    How do you mean not complete?
    (I accept that you aren't agreeing that it's a flawed translation, with this comment, btw).

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((Dear Ross,))))

AAF said:"When I say the NWT is not perfect, it's in the sense that it's not complete."

Ross said: "I find this statement interesting.
    How do you mean not complete?
    (I accept that you aren't agreeing that it's a flawed translation, with this comment, btw)."

AAF says: To me, perfection equals completeness.The NWT is not flawed - I believe it's incomplete because there are verses missing in the NWT, and there are no explanatory notes for the reader to discern the reason of ommission. It's in this way that I consider the NWT incomplete. That's all.

I believe that the member/members of the Watchtower Society's New World Bible Translation Committee are to blame for this. And they will have to answer to Jehovah God one day for what they did. They ommitted these verses in question without informing their users the reason for ommission.

I will supply you with the missing verses in question to the best of my knowledge upon your request, Ross.

Sincerely,

Christian Love,

AAF

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A&F:
    Thanks for the reply. It's ok, I'm aware of the omissions. One of them concerns the idea of there being undying worms in the fires of Gehenna, likely because that kinda contradicts the Hell theology that the WTS adheres to (Mark 9).

They WILL answer for what they have done.
    Meanwhile, in your opinion, have they made any other mistakes / errors, or is it just the omission thang?

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

(((( Dear Ross)))),

You said:"Meanwhile, in your opinion, have they made any other mistakes / errors, or is it just the omission thang?"

I trust the NWT Bible completely. I sincerely/wholeheartedly believe that Jehovah God's Holy Spirit guided the New World Bible Translation Committee to translate the NWT revised version in 1984.

There may be some errors in translation in the original Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic languages. Some of the Holy Scriptures may have had a meaning that was slightly different from what the translaters thought, but in general and as a whole I still think the NWT Bible is accurate .

Christian Love,

AAF

• toreador
    toreador

I trust the NWT Bible completely. I sincerely/wholeheartedly believe that Jehovah God's Holy Spirit guided the New World Bible Translation Committee to translate the NWT revised version in 1984.

There may be some errors in translation in the original Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic languages. Some of the Holy Scriptures may have had a meaning that was slightly different from what the translaters thought, but in general and as a whole I still think the NWT Bible is accurate .

In an earlier post you said you sincerely believe Jehovah guided them in the NWT translation. You also then state in effect that Jehovah guided them in omitting some bible versus that they will be held accountable for? Sounds like you are confused.

What is your definition of the words "Jehovah guided" and "Jehovah inspired" or is it the same thing?

Why would God direct them to omit verses?

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((((Dear Toreador)))))

AAF said:"I trust the NWT Bible completely. I sincerely/wholeheartedly believe that Jehovah God's Holy Spirit guided the New World Bible Translation Committee to translate the NWT revised version in 1984.

There may be some errors in translation in the original Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic languages. Some of the Holy Scriptures may have had a meaning that was slightly different from what the translaters thought, but in general and as a whole I still think the NWT Bible is accurate ."

You said:

"In an earlier post you said you sincerely believe Jehovah guided them in the NWT translation. You also then state in effect that Jehovah guided them in omitting some bible versus "

AAF says: Please show me here I said the above highlighted statement.

The Scriptures were all there for them to include in the Holy Book, the Bible. They decided what to include and what to exclude. In this sense they are to be blamed for not incluiding the verses they excluded in the NWT Bible ( medium -sized one)without references. The Society also published a NWT Bible with references in the same day in addition to the medium-sized one (this one being the one in question here): this one being the large formated one has references. But the medium-sized one is the one in question here. The Society considers the medium-sized one complete whereas it is missing a lot of verses and no explanatory references/ footnotes are included to explain to the reader reason of omitted verses.

"that they will be held accountable for?"

The New World Bible Translating Committee of 1984 is/ are accountable for not explaining reason of omitted verses to the reader and Not using references and footnotes inside the medium-sized NWT Bible. They offer these features in the larger Bible and do NOT use the same feature in the medium-sized Bible. And they claim that this one is complete even though has omitted verses and no explanatory footnotes/references..

" Sounds like you are confused. "

I am Not confused. I know exactly what I am talking about.

"What is your definition of the words "Jehovah guided" and "Jehovah inspired" or is it the same thing?"

Jehovah God "guided" to me means God guided the committee by God's Holy Spirit to translate the NWT." Inspired" means that God Inspired holy men of long ago to write the Holy Writtings contained in the Bible.

"Why would God direct them to omit verses?"

Jehovah God did NOT direct the New Bible World Translating Committee to omit verses - he/they did it out of their own initiative.

Christian Love,.

AAF

• toreador
    toreador

((((((Dear Toreador)))))

AAF said:"I trust the NWT Bible completely. I sincerely/wholeheartedly believe that Jehovah God's Holy Spirit guided the New World Bible Translation Committee to translate the NWT revised version in 1984.

There may be some errors in translation in the original Greek, Hebrew and Aramaic languages. Some of the Holy Scriptures may have had a meaning that was slightly different from what the translaters thought, but in general and as a whole I still think the NWT Bible is accurate ."

You said:

"In an earlier post you said you sincerely believe Jehovah guided them in the NWT translation. You also then state in effect that Jehovah guided them in omitting some bible versus "

AAF says: Please show me here I said the above highlighted statement.

The Scriptures were all there for them to include in the Holy Book, the Bible. They decided what to include and what to exclude. In this sense they are to be blamed for not incluiding the verses they excluded in the NWT Bible ( medium -sized one)without references. The Society also published a NWT Bible with references in the same day in addition to the medium-sized one (this one being the one in question here): this one being the large formated one has references. But the medium-sized one is the one in question here. The Society considers the medium-sized one complete whereas it is missing a lot of verses and no explanatory references/ footnotes are included to explain to the reader reason of omitted verses.
    "that they will be held accountable for?"

" Sounds like you are confused. "

I am Not confused. I know exactly what I am talking about.
    "What is your definition of the words "Jehovah guided" and "Jehovah inspired" or is it the same thing?"
    The New World Bible Translating Committee of 1984 is/ are accountable for not explaining reason of omitted verses to the reader and Not using references and footnotes inside the medium-sized NWT Bible. They offer these features in the larger Bible and do NOT use the same feature in the medium-sized Bible. And they claim that this one is complete even though has omitted verses and no explanatory footnotes/references..

Jehovah God "guided" to me means God guided the committee by God's Holy Spirit to translate the NWT." Inspired" means that God Inspired holy men of long ago to write the Holy Writtings contained in the Bible.
    "Why would God direct them to omit verses?"
    Jehovah God did NOT direct the New Bible World Translating Committee to omit verses - he/they did it out of their own initiative.

First off. I cant seem to get the hang of this "highlight" and "quote" thing at all.

At any rate, if the NWT committee was "guided/spirit directed" as you say and took it upon themselves to omit verses which Jehovah did not want them to omit they made an egregious error. How can anyone be certain they did make serious errors in what they did translate. You put an inordinate amount of trust in anonymous men who made serious mistakes by your own admission.

At any rate, if Jehovah were to take it upon himself to guide/direct these men to correctly translate part of a bible in your opinion why he would choose a lesser form of guiding than being "borne along by holy spirit" as you put it. IMO if God wasnt going to make sure they did it all correctly then why did he bother at all? You obviously believe that "borne along by holy spirit" is a higher form of direction than simply being "guided/spirit directed" to translate the bible.

Thank you for your reply and a hug back to you.

Toreador

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

A&F:I'm gonna stop badgering you
    You are as welcome to your beliefs as I am to mine.

Every blessing, in Christ,
    Ross.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((Dear Toreador))))),

You said:" Thank you for your reply and a hug back to you.

Toreador

Thank you for respecting my Christian beliefs, Toreador. Please accept a hug from me for you too.

Christian Love,

AAF

AAF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit