Return To God, and He WIll Forgive You in a Large Way!

by AwakenedAndFree 270 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((((Dear Friends Who Cared To Post Here)))))))

Thank you all for your responses: your thoughts, your points-of-view, your words of instruction,your insights, your criticisms: everything you said I evaluate and explore. From discussing my Christian faith here with you, I learnt so many things about you. I explored your views attentively, and I realized that all of us have one thing in common: we are all imperfect humans with different perceptions.

I would like you to know that I really care for you; and that I love you all as you are. I hope you feel the same way about me. I didn't come here to win anything.Simply, to let you know where I stand with my Christian beliefs/faith and to let you know that the Bible transformed me - to the Christian that I am today. And out of my love to you, I started this thread to bring you again to God, in case you had left Him.

I leave you with the following scriptures for the benefit of us all and also with words from sage men and women:

HEBREWS 11:1:" Faith is the assured expectation of things hoped for, the evident demonstration of realities though not beheld."NWT

HEBREWS 11:2:" For by means of this the men of old times had witness borne to them."NWT

HEBREWS 11:3:" By faith we percieve that the system of things were put in order by God's word, so that what is beheld has come to be out of things that do not appear."NWT

HEBREWS 6:6:" Moreover, without faith it is impossible to please [him] well, for he that approaches God must believe that he is and that he becomes the rewarder of those earnestly seeking him."NWT

If faith has meaning it can't be off in one part of you. It has to be integrated. I think my faith adds to the experience of being a scientist in the way that discovering something has more meaning, sort of glimpsing the mind of God.

FRANCIS COLLINS

Geneticist

Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.

GEORGE SEATON

Screenwritter, Miracle On 34th Street

To be a doctor, then, means much more than dispense pills or to patch up or repair torn flesh and shattered minds. To be a doctor is to be an intermediary between man and God.

FELIX MARTI - IBANEZ

To be a Doctor

You can never prove God, you can only find him....

KATE DOUGLAS WIGGIN

Author of Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm

I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is .

ALBERT CAMUS

We thank you, Almighty God, for the gift of water.

Over it the Holy Spirit moved in the beginning of creation.

Through it you led the children of Israel out of their bondage in Egypt into the land of promise.

In it your Son Jesus received the baptism of John and we are buried with Christ in his death.

By it we share in his resurrection.

Through it we are reborn by the Holy Spirit.

BOOK OF COMMON PRAYER

Christian Love,

AAF

• fearnotruth22
    fearnotruth22

Reading AAf's post is like reading aesops fables or some faairy tale. Sounds nice but thats about it.

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((((((Dear Fernotruth22)))))),

You said: "Reading AAf's post is like reading aesops fables or some faairy tale. Sounds nice but thats about it."

Thank you for pointing that out, Fearnotruth22. Aesop's fables are universally recognized for being full of wisdom and insight into human nature, and not just for sounding good. I will take what you said as a compliment. Christian Love, AAF

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

AAF:

Oh my. Talk about giving Christian's a bad name; you seem to be hopelessly confused over the issue of judgement, and by doing so are at risk of acting against scriptures you believe to be inspired!

Matthew 7:1-5 "Do not judge so that you will not be judged. {2} "For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. {3} "Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? {4} "Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' and behold, the log is in your own eye? {5} "You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."

Luke 6:37 "Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned."

Luke 17:3-4 "Be on your guard! If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him. {4} "And if he sins against you seven times a day, and returns to you seven times, saying, 'I repent,' forgive him."

John 8:7 But when they persisted in asking Him, He straightened up, and said to them, "He who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone at her."

Romans 2:1-4 Therefore you have no excuse, everyone of you who passes judgment, for in that which you judge another, you condemn yourself; for you who judge practice the same things. {2} And we know that the judgment of God rightly falls upon those who practice such things. {3} But do you suppose this, O man, when you pass judgment on those who practice such things and do the same yourself, that you will escape the judgment of God? {4} Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and tolerance and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance?

Romans 14:4 Who are you to judge the servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls; and he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.

James 4:11-12 Do not speak against one another, brethren. He who speaks against a brother or judges his brother, speaks against the law and judges the law; but if you judge the law, you are not a doer of the law but a judge of it. {12} There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the One who is able to save and to destroy; but who are you who judge your neighbor?

Now, no doubt you will be able to quote ones where judgement IS involved.

What you seem incapable of doing is seeing the difference between examining someone's actions and seeing whether they display Christian principles and holding a person accountable.

For example, there's a difference between saying "He's not practising Christian principles, he acts like a Pharasee and judges others whilst glorying in his own sanctity in public", and saying "Because YOU (i.e. an attack applied to an indivdual) do this, you will be marked unrightous in the day of judgement.".

As you have actually condemned people on a personal basis, you fall short of Christian ideals.

I don't have to follow Christian ideals, so I can point out that the fate of a tree bearing false fruits is VERY unpleasent according to your beliefs!

Scribes, pharasees, hypocrites and AwakenedAndFree...

My Christian Faith and Beliefs are based entirely in the Holy Bible. I rely on the Bible's counsel when I preach to people. It is the right thing to do.

And you fail, as I and others have pointed out; at best you are a blind guide, at worst...

... and you also have refused to defend the problems with accepting the Bible as literal inspired truth, or any of the twisted logic you use in arriving in a position where you expect others to kowtow to your individual opinion.

ROMANS 14:4:"Who are you to judge the house servant of another? To his own master he stands or falls. Indeed, he will be made to stand, for Jehovah can make him stand."NWT

And there you go, criticising Little Toes very proper analysis of your behaviour by questionijng HIS right to judge YOU. He wasn't condeming you, as you have condemned others; he was pointing out you were falling short of the standards you aspire to. And you respond with the hypocracy and arrogance of a modern-day pharasee!

Amazing; What you said has been more-or-less ponited out to AAF by others; AAF does care, this isn't aboiut 'saving us', this is about him being sanctimonious. He's an empty pot, that's all.

Little Toe;

What we've got may not exactly be unambiguous, but neither is it vaccumous.

Yeah, which puts us in the 'is God playing silly buggers or what?' discussion. ABsenmce of proof is the most illogical and offensive piece of snake-oil ever forced down humanities throat. If god cares, proof would be unambiguous, like gravity. There is no such proof, so either there is no caring god or there is no god. Any 'ineffable' arguments trying to justify absence of proof are only sustainable on their own internal logic, viewed from outside themsleves they are bunk.

I am currently reading 'Mere Christianity' by C.S. Lewis. Upto page 39 his argument is 'god exists because humans have morals'. The fact he fails to consider any reasonable arguments why the existance of such moral codes is totally logical with or without god, so far I have to say I am disappointed.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Abaddon:Please keep me up to date with your opinion of "Mere Christianity". I'd welcome hearing your critique of it.

Whilst I wouldn't, of necessity, agree with everything he has to say, I do think he makes some salient points (especially in regard to "who are saved").

As for unambigious evidence, I felt like I got plenty. However I do recognise that there's a multitude of people out there who would love to be able to say the same, but frankly can't.
    It also appears that it's not for the lack of trying (the "search for truth" thread seems to bear this out).

I wish I had the answers to some of these idiosyncracies, but alas I have not...

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

(((((((Dear Abaddon)))))),

Please allow me to explain : I am a woman and not a man.

I love you as you are, Abaddon. The scriptures bellow are for your benefit and instruction:

PROVERBS: 21:3:"To carry on righteousness and judgement is more preferable to Jehovah than sacrifice."NWT

GALATIANS: 2:16:" knowing as we do that a man is declared righteous, not due to works of law, but only through faith toward Christ, Jesus, even we have put our faith in Christ Jesus, that we may be declared righteous due to faith toward Christ, and not due to works of law, because due to works of law no flesh will be declared righteous."NWT

Christian Love,

AAF

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

((((((( Dear Little Toe))))))),

In case you don't know : I am a woman.

Christian Love,

AAF

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

(((((((( Dear All Who Cared to Post Here)))))),

I thought of leaving you all with these words of wisdom from the Holy Scriptures. I wish you all the best on your journey to find the True God to become a child of God. And also to those who left Him - that they will resolve to return to Him and become a child of God again.

JOHN 3:16:" For God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone execising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life."NWT

JOHN 3:35:" The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand."NWT

JOHN 3:36:" He that exercises faith in the Son has everlasting life; he that disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him."NWT

Christian Love,

AAF

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

PSALMS 130: 1-8

130:1:" Out of the dephts I have called upon you, O Jehovah.

130:2:" O Jehovah, do hear my voice.

May your ears prove to be attentive to the voice of my entreaties.

130:3:" If errors were what you watch, O Jah,

O Jehovah, who could stand?

130:4:" For there is the true forgiveness with you, In order that you may be feared.

130:5:" I have hoped , O Jehovah, my soul has hoped, And for his word I have waited.

130:6:" My soul [has waited] for Jehovah

More than watchmen for the morning,

Watching for the morning.

130:7:" Let Israel keep wainting for Jehovah.

For there is loving-kindness with Jehovah,

And abundantly so is there redemption with him.

130:8:" And he himself will redeem Israel out of all his errors.

NWT

Christian Love,

AAF

• AwakenedAndFree
    AwakenedAndFree

JOHN 3:13:" Moreover, no man has ascended into heaven but he that descended from heaven, the Son of Man."NWT

JOHN 3:14:" And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,"NWT

JOHN 3:15:" that everyone believing in him may have everlasting life."NWT

JOHN 3: 17:" For God sent forth his Son into the world, not for him to judge the world, but for the world to be saved through him."NWT

JOHN 3:18:" He that exercises faith in him is not to be judged. He that does not exercise faith has been judged already, because he has not exercised faith in the name of the only-begotten Son of God."NWT

JOHN 3:21:" But he that does what is true comes to the light, in order that his works may be made manifest as having been worked in harmony with God."NWT

JOHN 7:24:" Stop judging from the outward appearance, but judge with righteous judgement."NWT

Christian Love,

AAF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit