Did you get " Counseled " about the Music you Listened to While you were a JW ?

by flipper 87 Replies latest jw friends

• JRK
    JRK

One funny thing is that I taught my mom to say cool stuff. I told her if I ever asked her who her favorite group was, to just say "The Rolling Stones." It really gave her street cred at my hall. That is until she messed it up once and said "The Rolling Rocks." So she got beer confused with it, they were both good.

JK

P.S. I just asked her again and got "The Rolling Rocks."

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds

all the time. I grew up in the 90's and that was the big thing with JW kids. always being counseled about music. They have seemed to lay off that now, in favor of smacking them down for things like video games and college.

I wish I still had the WT library because i'd love to find the article where the WT slams rap because the words are spoken and not sung.

• brandnew
    brandnew

Hell yeah!!!!!!! The night i got df'd ...i drove my cadillac coup de ville that was pushin like 1200 watts , and had hydraulics to the meeting. They announced, i went to my car and hopped the hell outta there bumpin "wild thang" from tone loc. Yeah........bumpin......i know everyone heard that shit cuz mom told me so at home later on that night.😂😂😂😂😂

Mad Puppy

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    Does anyone remember the fake rap group and fake metal band they used in all those articles? I think the rap group was GOMGO or something dumb like that. I can't remember the metal band.
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    GANGSTER OF MAGOG
  • brandnew
    brandnew

Addidas with the fatt shoelaces !!!!!!😂😂😂

That was the shiiiiiiit

Mad Puppy

• Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    is that really what it stood for? ahahah wtf
  • brandnew
    brandnew
    I dunno.....i made that one up.....😂😂😂😂
  • Barrold Bonds
    Barrold Bonds
    that's great. would have been an awesome rumor to start back then
  • Clambake
    Clambake

This is something I always kind of thought JWS were kind of lax on. Every hall I have known seems to have kind of elder based band who plays beatles and eagles covers.

Alcohol and secular music at jw social events was the first thing I really noticed when meeting my wife. Those things were absolutely unheard of at the church I was raised.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit