Boy crowned prom queen by schoolmates

by pale.emperor 62 Replies latest social current

• LV101
    LV101

Those "good old days . . . " are gone forever, thankfully.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    joe134cd6 hours ago Only in America

Apparently not.....this particular event took place in the United Kingdom.

Young people love to rattle the older generation by flying in the face of tradition as if they're the first to do so. He really showed them didn't he?? Who cares?? The whole idea of young girls parading around in evening gowns to win some popularity/beauty contest has probably seen it's day.

I notice nobody mentioned if he was doing well academically...which is the whole point of going to school in the first place .

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

He/ She is HOT !!!The biggest change since I went to school is that we didn’t have a prom night in Britain. At least you didn’t unless you were part of the gentry.{ tugs forelock}.

I always find it interesting that America inherited all these upper class British traditions like proms & “ fraternity’s” in college etc. I mean that’s an Elton thing LoL.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

Yes indeed. The USA has even stolen Land of Hope and Glory for some other celebration to do with college.. Mind you, the words had to be changed so as to appeal more to our Atlantic cousins. Here's the original vocal version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YTKeeri7Xc

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

As I`ve said before you learn something everyday on this board , thank you all .

My fondest memory of vera lynn is singing "we`ll meet again" at the close of the film Dr. Strangelove .

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MummZBgO3Ek

I like the Pink Floyd song "Vera" from the wall. A tribute to Vera Lynn.

As for the teen drag prom queen. The article described him as a 'he'. I wonder if that was offensive to him..

• Simon
    Simon

If a guy puts a dress on, it's still a "he".

I think there's a real risk that lavishing praise and reward on people who may well be suffering mental issues risks setting up those who are vulnerable and impressionable for harm.

Schools will one day be renamed suicide factories or indoctrination centres. They've had little to do with education for some time.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

If a man who clearly looks like a man and is dressed like a man then walks into a ladies toilet, can he claim that he is "gender fluid" - I don't know but I'm sure there'd be a lot of gender fluids anyways.

This person is 15 years old, getting to be mature but still under the age of sexual consent.

If he legally cannot consent to sex, cigarettes or alcohol, then he's too young for this.

If he's 16 or 18 then, although young, at least he'd be over the minimum age. Bigots like me couldn't complain in that case.

I'd like the UK authorities to investigate his parents' role in this shitshow.

• LV101
    LV101
    I don't know the science (are they born this way -- seems logical) but do not want society bullying/mistreating gays - those days are over.
  • redvip2000
    redvip2000
    do not want society bullying/mistreating gays - those days are over.

Well sure, we certainly don't want to dwell on that end of the spectrum, but how far do we have to push the needle to the other end to compensate for it?

The reality is that these identity movements are co-opting much of our customs for nothing else other then to make a point. In other words, whoever voted for this kid, likely did it because: A) they feel this is their gift to whatever they perceive to be oppressed, or B) they feel that if they don't vote for him, they will be perceived as intolerant, or C) They want to signal to others how open minded and progressive they are.

To many out there, it seems that people who are transgender are now getting special treatment, when what really should be happening is that they should be treated like everybody else.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit