Boy crowned prom queen by schoolmates

by pale.emperor 62 Replies latest social current

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

If a boy, who is dressed as a girl, fools another boy into a relationship. Does that boy, dressed as a girl, deserve a punch in the nose?

I think possibly yes. Does that make me a hater?

I think no

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    tiki - "...male and or female is a feeling, not genitalia..."

Agreed.

That being said, genitalia do tend to make the feelings more fun.

:smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    TTWSYF - "Does that make me a hater?"

No.

But you might have had a VHS copy of The Crying Game dropped on your head one too many times as a child.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    Yes indeed. The USA has even stolen Land of Hope and Glory for some other celebration to do with college.. Mind you, the words had to be changed so as to appeal more to our Atlantic cousins. Here's the original vocal version:

Careful....is that a tiny bit of British Snobbery I see showing? As far as things being "stolen" (your word) is concerned British Writer and Journalist, Alastair Cook once said:

"As always, the British especially shudder at the latest American vulgarity, and then they embrace it with enthusiasm two years later"

In the United States, Canada and the Philippines the instrumental version of the song is entitled "Pomp and Circumstance March" and is traditionally associated with high school and college (university) graduation ceremonies. There are no lyrics (they came later) just as it's composer Edward Elgar intended and because it has a march tempo, it is played as a processional or recessional during ceremonies for larger schools because it can be played repeatedly until all of the graduates are finished walking.

As far as the boy in the dress....wouldn't he have felt a bit foolish after all his efforts if no one even noticed or cared. Instead, he got the attention he wanted...even got his photo in the paper.

• sparky1
    sparky1

At 64 years old, I get a new surprise every day. Apparently, there is such a 'thing' as people believing that they are elves and fairies and have plastic surgery in order to become who they really were supposed to be at birth. I am waiting for the next wave of human insanity. Could bisexual, transgendered, gender fluid, asexual elves and fairies be the next new thing?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    sparky1 - "...bisexual, transgendered, gender fluid, asexual..."

Impotent and frigid... pure nightmare fuel.

• sir82
    sir82

Apparently, there is such a 'thing' as people believing that they are elves and fairies and have plastic surgery in

order to become who they really were supposed to be at birth.

For gawd's sake, don't google "furries".

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

I wanna be Klingon.

They're badass.

And those forehead ridges rock.

• hybridous
    hybridous

I wonder if the young ladies at the school were eligible to be Prom King.

Because if they weren't, it would seem that they were handed a very distinct disadvantage due only to being females.

Right? If the males could win either King and/or Queen, but the females could only win Queen, that doesn't seem fair...

• St George of England
    St George of England

Why do we have Prom Queen balls and competitions here in UK anyway? It's just another US import we could do well without.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit