Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by Godlyman 349 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

The date 1914 CE is based on solid exegesis

There is something ‘solid’ that the JW 1914 doctrine could be said to be based on 💩 , but it’s not ‘exegesis’. 😂

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

The FDS shoe only fits the JW. It is obviously not Christendom as I showed in another thread was utterly defeated circa 1919 in their attempts to stop the JW movement.

• scholar
    scholar

Ding

The Gentiles Times Reconsidered by Carl Olaf Jonsson demolishes the 607 BCE date for the fall of Jerusalem and with it the 1914 calculations.

----

Jonsson's thesis fails because it misinterprets the 'seventy years of Jeremiah' and of the historical fact of the Jewish Exile which lasted for 70 years-ended in 537 BCE, therefore, it must have begun in 607 BCE. QED

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

The one with the pretty charts.

There is something ‘solid’ that the JW 1914 doctrine could be said to be based on 💩 , but it’s not ‘exegesis’. 😂

---

Let me assure you that it is rock-solid exegesis confirmed by the facts of modern history.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Fisherman

The FDS shoe only fits the JW. It is obviously not Christendom as I showed in another thread was utterly defeated circa 1919 in their attempts to stop the JW movemen

Absolutely correct for the shoe fits perfectly.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

'scholar':

Jonsson's thesis fails

Wrong. 'scholar' attempts to reduce the evidence to merely 'Jonsson's thesis', but all of the scholarly consensus and my own independent analysis agrees with the very well established history of the Neo-Babylonian period.

because it misinterprets the 'seventy years of Jeremiah'

Wrong. 'the seventy years of Jeremiah' is explicitly a period of nations serving Babylon (Jeremiah 25:11-12), with exile directly stated as a punishment only for nations that refused to serve Babylon (Jeremiah 27:8-11), which explicitly ends prior to attention being given to the Jews' return (Jeremiah 29:10-14).

and of the historical fact of the Jewish Exile which lasted for 70 years

Wrong. The Bible doesn't even mention 70 years of exile.

-ended in 537 BCE,

Wrong. The 70 years ended in 539 BCE when Babylon was conquered by Cyrus (2 Chronicles 36:20), and the Jews who returned to build the temple foundations arrived there in 538 BCE.

therefore, it must have begun in 607 BCE.

Wrong wrongedy wrong wrong. Wrong at every turn.

(To Fisherman) Absolutely correct for the shoe fits perfectly.

You doofuses deserve each other. 😂

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

The one with the pretty charts.

Dismissively referring to ‘pretty charts’ because he can’t actually identify specific errors. 🤦‍♂️ Not that I think it’s not possible there are errors, but all JW nutters can point to is their nutty dogma and not what the Bible actually says. 😂

(The ‘pretty charts’ he refers to can be found at https://jeffro77.wordpress.com/ under Timelines.)

• scholar
    scholar

Jefffro

Dismissively referring to ‘pretty charts’ because he can’t actually identify specific errors. 🤦‍♂️ Not that I think it’s not possible there are errors, but all JW nutters can point to is their nutty dogma and not what the Bible actually says.

----

Your 'pretty coloured' charts are falsified by the 'seventy years' of Jeremiah based solely on your interpretation of that period of important Biblical history- Jewish Exile. Plain and simple! Nothing else needs to be said.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Wrong. 'scholar' attempts to reduce the evidence to merely 'Jonsson's thesis', but all of the scholarly consensus and my own independent analysis agrees with the very well established history of the Neo-Babylonian period.

---

Wrong, it is Jonsson's thesis but it is a thesis that has ensnared current biblical scholarship originating with SDA'scholars/clergy in Australia from the early fifties. The so-called 'well-established history of the NP Period is bunkum as it fails to account for Neb's subjugation of Judah during his reign of over 40 years, the Jewish Exile, and Neb's seven-year vacancy from his throne. Big problems with NB history and its chronology.

---

Wrong. The Bible doesn't even mention 70 years of exile.

---

Nope. The Bible describes in detail by means of history and prophecy of the Jewish Exile which the major Exilic scholar -Rainer Albertz describes it as' catastrophic'. Further, Lamentations in the OT describes it also in great detail.

---

Wrong. The 70 years ended in 539 BCE when Babylon was conquered by Cyrus (2 Chronicles 36:20), and the Jews who returned to build the temple foundations arrived there in 538 BCE

---

False. The 70 years could only have ended in 537 BCE with the Return of the Exiles for in 539 BCE the Jews were still captive to Babylon and were in Babylon. Plain and simple. The end of the 70 years is confirmed by Cyrus as ending by means of the his Decree and not the fall of Babylon as in 2 Chronicles 36, Ezra 1.

---

Dealing with jeffro is like shooting ducks in a pond. Boom1 Boom1 Boom!

scholar JW

• waton
    waton

Boom1 Boom1 Boom!

and bust.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit