Library now cleared out

by UnshackleTheChains 58 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jonahstourguide
    jonahstourguide

At the kh that I attend, here in Melbourne Oz, there is in fact a sign stating that "no items are to be taken out from the library"

jtg

P.S. I was assigned in 2014 to collect and itemise all literature so we could have a current and comprehensive library by the school overseer. I went to great lengths to collect and collate a comprehensive array of publications including 'millions now living'. Eighteen months ago most of it was trashed and only a skeleton remains that i guessed will also be trashed.

• zeb
    zeb

They are getting rid of the books as they have asked people to be rid of old wt library discs, reason is;

• so no one can do comparisons of old vs new beliefs.
    • So no one can see that changes have been made to reprints of older works and when they say "We didnt say that." There is no one there who can prove otherwise.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Their own publications are their own worst enemy

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

So my suggestion to anyone who has the full comprehensive library, please save it or make a scanned copy of it all for future references. I would have kept em all but binned all of it ages ago.Believe me it was a right comprehensive fullblown library with lots of study material which no longer is in print today. i regret having done that today ie binning them.

Peace

• ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara
    ZindagiNaMilegiDobaara

I do have some digital copies of divine purpose, plan of the ages, finished mystery, aid to bible ,proclaimers book. and a few others.I bought these copies for $5 each which is not a lot compared to what books are sold for nowadays.

I needed these for some projects I was doing.

Peace

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Why don't you guys just get it out of the skip? Or pretend to help and keep the old/important ones? I just don't understand destruction of books...even witness ones ( collector of modern first editions so it physically hurts me!!)

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

Every JW & ex-JW should hold onto their Watchtower Library CD ROM discs - and back them up!

The org is rewriting its history for the future over-over-overlapping generations of born-ins.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

With this in mind I took the rare items (also some donated by my grandmother) out of the KH library. It was in 2008 already when the dumbhead idiot of a PO hold a tirade against older wts books in his talk. I knew enough to act wisely.

G.

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I've got this lot plus bound watchtowers between about 1975 to 1985. I dont know if to keep them or not any more.

• westiebilly11
    westiebilly11

Such a shame. Ebay and Amazon are useful sources of old publications.....but for how long? I've kept all my old CD roms etc...thankfully, because I always suspected that hard copies would be removed from KH libraries....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit