Library now cleared out

by UnshackleTheChains 58 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• SAHS
    SAHS

I remember an article in the Watchtower of August 1, 1995, page 20, entitled “Our Rich Spiritual Heritage.” And I’m fairly sure that there was also a talk by that title at an older district convention or circuit assembly about ‘appreciating our rich spiritual heritage.’

So the Watch Tower organization wants us to ‘appreciate our “rich” spiritual heritage,’ but they don’t want us to be able to know exactly what that heritage actually is.

• Esse quam videri
    Esse quam videri

" However, no books should be taken out of the Kingdom Hall. And, of course, we want to handle the books carefully and not make any marks in them."

Except, of course, when we take everything printed before 2000 and throw them in the shredder.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It’s a shame about those studies in the scriptures as they can be worth a bit of money to the right person.

• Ding
    Ding

Maybe we should start a cart ministry of our own... set up outside KHs with copies of all the "old light" publications....

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I saved many books when they were purging back in the 90s and 2000s. I used to have an extensive collection. I have since sold or given away for cost of shipping all but a couple of bibles that have sentimental value (ie, my dad's mini black bible).

I love physical books and newspapers. They cannot be altered. Digital or copies can always be called into question.

Soon, the whole JW cult will wither into oblivion.... just not soon enough to get my 75 year old mom with 48 years of dub out.

Snakes

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Amelia Ashton do you also have the Awake bound volumes of that period ? 1951-1999 ?

The Awake that speaks about Youths Who Put God First ?

Young people who lost their lives refusing life saving blood transfusions that could have saved many if not all of them ?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My suggestion is to sus out 2nd hand shops , and opportunity shops as we call them in Australia ,where families of deceased persons donate their belongings and bargain hunt shoppers can pick up goods for a fraction of the price you would pay at a retail shop.

And sometimes almost brand new .

I managed a senior Citizens OP shop a few years ago when somebody had donated a series of WT videos from a deceased relative but when i got back from a break of a few days a co-volunteer had binned them , he didnt like JW`s.

So that is a place where you might find some gems .

• DocBob
    DocBob
    “The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became the truth.”― George Orwell, "1984"
  • Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

Smiddy3 I only have Watchtowers x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit