Library now cleared out

by UnshackleTheChains 58 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

Well, it looks like the axe has finally fallen on our KH library. During a deep clean of the local KH, a brother suddenly informed everyone 'whikst cleaning' that all the old books including bound volumes of the watchtower etc was to be chucked in the skip.

From what I heard, some were taken aback by this and quite annoyed that no announcement was made; that no one was given the choice of taking some of these books home to keep. I mean the entire collection of studies in the scriptures and others that go back an entire century. Chucking away their heritage like complete trash..

What a travesty and how very bizarre.

Sadly, little do these brothers realize that the devious WT leadership in their ivory tower are trying to cover up all the embarrassing BS found in these books. George Orwell's 1984 springs to mind. After all watchtower is the 'ministry of information'!

• sparky1
    sparky1

The Governing Body's 'Ministry of Truth' is hard at work.

And of course, throwing the old publications in the rubbish is far more subtle than an outright 'book burning'!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

It will be something if they start doing this everywhere. Otherwise, is this perhaps an isolated incident?

• newsheep
    newsheep

We're in Ontario and it's being done here as well. Just last month as a matter of fact.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Where about`s did this happen ? Maybe not a specific cong .but a country or state ?

It could be newsworthy if it is a direction from the GB to do it everywhere .

What religion or any other organization is there that is either ashamed or even embarrassed by their beginnings /early history and is continually re-writing that history as the years roll on ?

• Lost in the fog
    Lost in the fog

It's been done throughout the island of Ireland.

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

It's strange really, Witnesses already can't check books out of the "Kingdom Hall library" (which in and of itself just comes across weird, like you can look at the books on the shelf but can't read them, what other "library" is like that?) so I can't imagine what damage there could be in letting them sit on the shelf. Is the Brother who ordered it afraid people at the hall will take them home anyway? See the title of the works and Google them on their phones? What's his motivation, in other words?

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Witnesses already can't check books out of the "Kingdom Hall library"

Is that only in your local KH ? or is it a GB directive ?

That`s really weird ,a library with books your not allowed to read.

• Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

Its a one way street with the "organization", like if you call the service department they will ask your name and your congregation, but if you ask the brother for his name, he says "I can't tell you that"

• john.prestor
    john.prestor

smiddy3, that's what the brochure Who Are Doing Jehovah's Will Today? (2014), which Jehovah's Witnesses currently use in Bible studies, says on the page titled "How Can the Kingdom Hall Library Benefit Us?":

"You may be able to make good use of the Kingdom Hall library when preparing your assignments. The Life and Ministry Meeting overseer is in charge of the library. He is responsible for making sure that the latest publications are there and that they are well-arranged. He or your Bible teacher can show you how to find the information that you need. However, no books should be taken out of the Kingdom Hall. And, of course, we want to handle the books carefully and not make any marks in them."

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/books/jehovahs-will/kingdom-hall-library/

This was the policy at at least one of the halls I studied, I know that because one of the Brothers I met who called himself a "maverick" just snuck one out the door when he wanted to read it, haha, I respected that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit