The "Tree" of WHAT?

by Farkel 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Farkel
    Farkel

Shelby,

When you start mixing metaphors, I stop my efforts. Darkness (i.e. no light on the earth) and evil (i.e. wickedness) are apples and oranges. And your notion that God experienced evil before man's fall or Satan's rebellion is anti-Biblical. I know you believe the Bible is screwed up just like I do, but I'm interested in dub issues, not your opinions.

It is supremely convenient for you that while dubs rely on "progressive revelation" via new light through their bi-monthly publications, you trump them with "progressive revelation" in your head, ad hoc. You are welcome to your ideas, but again, your ideas don't interest me because they are not dub-related: they are Shelby-related.

I'll stick with my interests and the interests of this board, which are mostly inter-related. I ask that you do the same with regards to the interests of this board. There are many soapboxes for you to stand upon, but this is first and foremost a DUB-issue board.

Farkel

Farkel

• AGuest
    AGuest

Wow, et tu, Daddy-O?

THAT is now your 'argument', that I am not sticking to "DUB issues"? I REALLY thought better of you as a 'reasoner', Farkel... truthfully, I did. I would have NEVER figured YOU to pull out of a debate under such lame pretenses. Tell me, did you even BOTHER to look up the scriptures/verses that YOU asked for?

You know what? Nevermind. If it will make YOU happy, if it will give you back YOUR 'soapbox'... I will leave. No WAY would I want to put a 'cramp' in YOUR style, because I DO think you at least get folks to think. About WHAT is an entirely different subject. But if you can't refute MY arguments, but would rather ask me to leave... then so be it. (Shaking head) I just never figured YOU to be the congregational elder type: 'either AGREE with the organization/FPP/Board or ME... or go somewhere else...'

Amos 7:12
    Acts 4:18
    Matthew 10:23

And I WILL leave... NOT because of the threat of 'ban', for there is no such threat here. I will leave... because of the love of a friend who can't 'handle' my presence. If I would give my life for you, how could I not leave in peace when... well, you've intimated your desire for me to do so? I am just sorry for the folks here that won't get to know my Lord because of it.

But my love for you remains, D., until time indefinite.

SJ, a slave of Christ... signing off.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Shelby,

: And I WILL leave... NOT because of the threat of 'ban', for there is no such threat here. I will leave... because of the love of a friend who can't 'handle' my presence

You are minimizing what's "on topic" at this board and maximizing your own agenda in significance. I only asked you to adhere to the former and not promote the latter. The rest is just whining.

Stop whining. Post here if you want, but remember what this board is all about. It is not about "truth" as you know it, but about "truth" as dubs are taught. You see yourself and promoting the "real" truth and I see myself as exposing "fake" truth. When I get a few voices talking to me all the time, perhaps I'll feel like you do. Until then, I'll just fight falsehood.

Farkel, your friend

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Farkel,

You have put a lot of work into this thread, thanks.

If Adam and Eve did not know the difference between good and evil, how were they to know that it was wrong to disobey. Also they would not have known what death was or whether it was desirable or not. The whole thing is ridiculous.

Gladiators are real the rest is all poppycock!

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest D. (Farkel)...

First of all, I am not some macho-macho guy that has no feelings. I am ALL 'girl', and subject to getting my feelings hurt from time to time... by friends. Including, evidently, you. So, your admonishment to stop whining is both inaccurate... and unfeeling. You took a 'logical' debate, demanded answers and proof of ME, while you stated assumptions, speculations and conjecture. Then, when you have NO more argument, you tell me that the entire thing was 'off-topic' anyway. What a guy! And, no, I wasn't expecting you to be 'nice' (YOU? LOL!)... but I DID expect fair, reasonable... and balanced. My bad.

You don't agree with me... so what? I don't agree with you... what's the big deal? I TRIED to end the entire thing when I SAID I had been given nothing more to share with you. YOU, however, pushed for more... and when I give, cry 'that's not what this place is all about'. Whose the 'whiner', D.?

Tell me, as friends, why not simply agree to disagree? For you yourself in fact SAID (after all that "Stop whining. Post here if you want, but remember what this board is all about. It is not about "truth" as you know it, but about "truth" as dubs are taught.")...

"You (meaning me) see yourself as promoting the "real" truth and I see myself as exposing "fake" truth."

As long as folks are led AWAY from the bondage of those reprehensible imposters, we ARE in agreement. We just disagree on where (or should I say to WHOM) they should be led TO afterward. If they listen to you... so be it. If they listen to me and by that listen to the One who speaks to ME... why not let THAT be as well? Or are WE to decided for THEM? Should we, D., give them only ONE point of view? Watch out... there's hypocrisy 'afoot'.

You go on to say:

"When I get a few voices talking to me all the time, perhaps I'll feel like you do."

Yet, you want to preclude others from getting to that point... simply because YOU are not 'there'. How fair and equitable is THAT?

"I can't shop at Macy's because I don't have
    a Macy's credit card, so YOU all have to shop
    at KMart with me... and if I get a card, I'll
    let you know. Maybe I'll take you with me...
    but maybe not... 'cause I ain't really sure
    there even IS a Macy's or if I even BELIEVE in
    the existence of Macy's... 'cause I live WAY out
    in the 'rural' country about a jillion miles,
    and me'n my neighbors are the only ones here,
    so I ain't never SEEN no Macy's and I don't
    think neither have any of them, but I got a book
    here that says one's out there... and there ARE
    folks around these parts who actually get out
    every now and again and travel and who've said
    THEY'VE seen it... but it would take a credit
    card to prove to ME that it was there... 'cause
    even if I could never GET there and see for myself
    ... I COULD order by mail."

And you finish by saying, "Until then, I'll just fight falsehood."

May I ask why, as a friend, you will not permit ME to do the same... 'fight falsehood'? And don't fight falsehood by BOTH exposing the lie... AND revealing the truth? If it's because there ain't enough room on your 'soapbox', why not just say THAT... rather than try to make ME out to be a whining liar?

Many friendships would not survive that kind of 'give-and-take', D. This one, however, will, because it is not based on your conduct toward me. For just as my Father and my Lord loved me FIRST... and THEN taught me to love them... I have loved and WILL love you... FIRST. And perhaps maybe... you will learn something, too.

My love and peace remains with you... always and until time indefinite. And I WILL be down to see you before the summer is over, 'cause if he's still around, I plan to have 'Cockroach' KICK YER BUTT for messin' with me and hurtin' my feelings! Just because I am 'commissioned' doesn't mean I am not 'female'. My 'vessel' is just as 'weak' as the next girlie's... AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!

Your friend, servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

Hi Farkel,
    You old agnostic weasel, you! You 'jese don' get it, eh muchacho?
    Why do you constantly need to overanalyze events that are told in a simple manner that allows practically anyone to understand the gist of what happened?
    Do you really think that the Good Book was written with the view of convincing 19th century-present eggheads of it's veracity? Faith, is what has always led mankind to heaven, not logic, rationalism, wisdom or intelligence.
    Most of mankind has been in a position of NOT having our advantages for study and education. Our saving grace has been belief that our Lord died for our sins, the cross stands in the gap between mankind and the Holiest of Holies.
    With Christ we can indeed enter that place that was once reserved for the high priest in Israel, once a year. Now we can enter it at any time and relate directly to God the Father through God the Son.

The whole point of the story is that mankind decided he could go it alone without God. Mankind has tried every form of religion and government and you can see the results.
    Can you explain the Bible? NO.
    Can you gain salvation? YES.

Try out Romans 3.23; 6.23; John 3.3;, John 3.16-17; Eph. 2.8-9, Romans 10.9-11; Rev. 3.20
    Now, if you get that far and want to know more just visit any Evangelical church and get yourself saved. Then you will be able to leave the past behind.
    Rex

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Faith, is what has always led mankind to heaven, not logic, rationalism, wisdom or intelligence.

In otherwords, you're saying faith is for supersitious dummies.

Any God that requires humans to sacrifice the precious little time we have before we take that big dirt-nap without offering a shred of evidence to motivate us to do it, is sadistic and perverted.

By the way, a whole bunch of words that not only contradict third-grade science (AND themselves) from an old book ain't evidence. It wouldn't stand up in a Kangaroo Court.

Farkel

• kes152
    kes152

Faith, is what has always led mankind to heaven, not logic, rationalism, wisdom or intelligence.

That is not correct.

Faith has enabled men to "please God well" (assuming you know what real FAITH is)

It was the Christ who said "I am the way ...." who LED men to heaven by means of his blood.

He is the door, He is the LEADer (so HE does the 'leading') unless he presonally leads you, you will by no means "get in."

Aaron

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

I take it you haven't read, "Evidence That Demands a Verdict", have you? The resurrection and life of Christ, when God walked the earth, confirms the events in the bible as both historical and reliable. That is true regardless of what your so called 'scientific', 'higher critic' lack of intelligensia claims.
    You haven't the foggiest who I am, do you, you old weasel?
    Rex

• AlanF
    AlanF

Go away, WW.

AlanF

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit