The "Tree" of WHAT?

by Farkel 103 Replies latest jw friends

• crossroads
    crossroads

Aguest is not that part of the point. I being a loving Father
    would not put something in the middle of the room
    that could possibly harm my two year old would I?
    Maybe you would , as a parent I don't think my kids
    owe me anything I owe them. I brought them into
    the world it is my responsibility to keep them safe.
    Why would I set up an evil game to harm them.
    Does the almighty have less love for his childern
    than mere man does. Is his ego so great it needed
    to be stroked by having his very very young childern
    obey a command that they might not have understood.
    Ever tell a little one not to put your hand there its hot.
    Well not knowing what hot is what happens?
    Adam and Eve were kids the way the story goes and
    they had no clue. If the story is at all true HE set up
    mankind to be right were we are.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Let's try to stay on topic, folks.

Shelby,

You first must address my arguments, each and every one of them. You haven't done so, and I won't let you get away with any diversions.

Farkel

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Farkel - I liked your broadening this out into the nature of Good and Evil. (or was it God did that?)

Perhaps (according to Watchtower fundamentalists) animals never fell into evil till they walked off Noahs big box. Soon after they grew sharp teeth and claws and even the wasps abandoned their holy natural mandate and began lusting after their fellow insects and eating each others fleshly organisms. (sabre tooth tigers, flesh eating kangaroos and dinosaur rex's obviously preyed on thick grass)

Truly though, I wonder about the nature of good and evil. I know Persian thought had a big influence on Jewish post captivity thinking and the introduction of dualism there. I don't doubt the existence of either good or evil but wonder if it is merely a human preoccupation. Animals often kill and eat each other with little regard for life outside their own family circle.

I once had a yugoslav brother (fellow MS) who confided in me his belief that the Edenic 'tree of life' must still exist somewhere and if he could find out what fruit or herb it grew he'd have the elixer of life - Jesus sacrafice? - Thing of the past. lol (he blabbed to others and was soon DF'd away with the health nuts and herbal freaks doing his thing - the WBTS loses so many that way ;)

I read a book a while back explaining the Garden of Eden concept as a traditional Arabic one. I guess it speaks well to nomads dreaming of life at the oasis.

excuse my ramble ... thanks for letting me play

PS: Of course Shelby's NOT answering YOU - you've got that HARDBALL and KNOW how ta use IT daddyO ... (she's trying to play baseball with a tennis racket :)

• AGuest
    AGuest

Forgive my 'ignorance', Unk, but that the heck is a 'wanker'? If it means what I THINK it means (and then again, maybe not), well, okay. If it has to do with God and sex... yeah, He has 'sex'. Just not the way we do. I think all HE has to do is THINK it. We actually have to 'get physical, physical... we gotta get physicaaalllll..."

Peace, cheers, Tide and Tidy-Bowl, Unk...

SJ

• AGuest
    AGuest

What's a 'wanker'?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Shelby,

A wanker is a gentleman habitually driven to 'pleasuring himself' by stroking his private member vigourously, often culmininating with the extatic release of the offending poison.

cheers sKunK

PS: You appear to place God in that catagory of men thus offeding many here.

PSS: I hope you enjoy it here Shelby - Simons board is very different to H20 or anywhere else. I believe it's harder to swamp, by Lords and Ladies of all kinds.

• AGuest
    AGuest

There's a SECOND page??!! DUH! Sorry, all, I wasn't trying to avoid answering anyone; I just kept scrolling to the bottom of page one and didn't figure out there was a page two. And SOME of you want to think I am bright enough to make this stuff up... yeah, right.

May I ask you, Crossroads... if you had a child, whatever age, could he/she burn him/her self on the the stove? Then WHY IN THE WORLD DID YOU BUY ONE!!?? Because... it served some purpose for YOU... right?

Same thing, dear one. You didn't buy the stove and put it in the kitchen for the SOLE purpose of 'tempting' your beloved children. You had another purpose for it and you TOLD them not to touch it because harm could come to them. BUT... savvy little Crossroads, Jr., and Missy Crossroads ignored your warning and touched the darn thing anyway!

YOU BAD, BAD, WICKED FATHER!! How DARE you put something in your house that could harm your children! A STOVE? And in the MIDDLE of the kitchen? Nope, no, I don't want to HEAR it! You did it ON PURPOSE... just so you could TEMPT them into touching it! You KNEW they were going to touch it and you knew your silly little warning was not in earnest, but just a weak attempt to protect yourself from blame.

SHAME ON YOU, mean wicked father, you! (Or mother, I'm not sure...)

The little Crossroads are all now burnt up and it's YOUR fault. No, I don't want to hear your reason for having a stove... or putting in the center of the kitchen. It doesn't matter. NO reason is good enough. Nope, needing to cook won't do it. Uh-uh, meeting building codes is a pathetic attempt to put the blame on someone else. Sorry, wanting that fancy 'island' you saw at Home Depot is an inferior attempt to hide YOUR error. YOU did it. YOU bought that stove. And YOU are solely responsible for your offsprings burns.

You were neglectful, unloving, not caring... no, I don't CARE if they couldn't eat raw meat... you never heard of TOFU!!??? Celery? What about APPLES... isn't there an APPLE tree in your yard? Get out of my face, you sicken me. I can't stand to look at you. You want me to believe that you LOVE your children and were only trying to provide for them... yeah, sure. Right.

Your children should be ASHAMED... and disown you as their father (mother). I would.

(Well, that's pretty much what you're saying about MY Father... but in truth, I bid you nothing but peace.)

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• Farkel
    Farkel

: but that the heck is a 'wanker'?

If you play with your own pee-pee you just might be a wanker. If you play with the pee-pee of someone of your own sex, you definitely ARE a wanker.

If you even think about this stuff, you are probably normal.

Farkel, who questions a God who has to spend much of his time wondering whether people play with their own pee-pees, or not, and then must punish them if they do....this God needs a LIFE that is not so obsessed with pee-pees. He made 'em. He should have known that people might enjoy that creation of his in their spare time, but NO! He's gonna make THEM wrong for putting those pee-pees to work. Some God. A pee-pee-making, pee-pee-'abuse'-hating God. Makes perfect sense to me, but then again, I spend my days in a straight jacket and living on thorozine.

Farkel

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest Daddy-O... I did not mean to answer your arguments. Seriously. I thought I had and perhaps you came back with more but I am just learning how to 'navigate' and besides, I'm trying to keep up with you all. Okay, let's see: Hey! Where's the FIRST page?! Okay, I'll be right back, folks. Hold onto 'yer 'chonies'...

SJ

• Farkel
    Farkel

'chonies'...

Cajones. You lost yo' San Diego touch, dear one!

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit