GB bites off more than they can chew!

by biblexaminer 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

When the "Silver Sword" was first released, one of the GB ( TOMO? ) said that Jeehoober made sure that the weather cooperated to ensure that glue dried in the bindings. 😑 In reality, the WTBTS spent donations to make special rooms for drying the glue.

So Jeehoobidoob can direct the weather, but he can't get the Silver Sword translated?!?!?

Also, kudos for mentioning the fact that the rolley-carts have no Bibles. You would think that there would be nothing but free Bibles. Alas, cults cannot function without propaganda.

LET'S REVIEW........

DD

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    bibleexaminer: I think their resources are tapped out. I think that their financial troubles go far beyond what we know.
    When I compare their behavior, as of late, to other big companies that have had troubles, what I see is a large unseen liability sucking the life out of their asset column, as in the case of a Ponzi scheme.
    I am now of the belief that the buildings in NY are being sold to cover a large debt that has gone undisclosed.

I agree.

The money is bleeding out somewhere...

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

''I agree.

The money is bleeding out somewhere

100% agree. Something isn't right!!!!!

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury
    Good catch, I'm going to share this info..
  • blondie
    blondie

The question for me is the WTS investing the proceeds from their building sales or are they dropping it down a cash hole of past and current bills. I have worked with the budgets and facilities management of many large institutional buildings. The initial construction is nothing compared to the upkeep over the years.

I do believe that the WTS survived on the cash flow from the publications when there was a set price for the rank and file (really how many jws asked for donations/contributions). So the money came from the publishers not the public. Even now jws find it uncomfortable to as for donations for the worldwide work (really for the publications). So the WTS has been getting less and less cash.

• Socrateswannabe
    Socrateswannabe

What a great catch, bibleexaminer. And I also think what you said in a later post was interesting:

When I compare their behavior, as of late, to other big companies that have had troubles, what I see is a large unseen liability sucking the life out of their asset column, as in the case of a Ponzi scheme.

I don't know what that unseen liability might be unless it is undisclosed molestation settlements, but I do think that the WTS is now the Sears/KMart of the religious world. Their irrelevance in the marketplace has finally caught up with them.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

OK. I am not sure, but I might be dropping a bomb here.

I am looking for dirt on Watchtower. Legal dirt.

I kind of feel today like I felt when I first called the UN to plead with Paul Hoeffel for a letter describing Watchtower's affiliation away back when. My pulse is up a little.

Start to research this symbol. WTWR listed on the New York Stock Exchange. I am going to make a new thread for this. For more info go there.

• fastJehu
  • steve2
    steve2

We all bite off more than we can chew at times. Human nature.

So the GB are just like everyone else? Nice excuse.

"For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall much be required" (Luke 12:48, King James Version).

In a recent thread, one website had the Bible available in over 900 languages. And, after all these decades, the Watchtower has their translation of the Bible available in whole or part in little more than 120 languages - and has to misuse quotes in the current study Watchtower to make it seem like appreciative readers from Bulgaria and Albania are praising the latest (2013) revision of the New World tranlation when the quotes are sourced from a 2007 Watchtower.

Looks like the GB has not only bitten off more than it can chew - but wants to create the impression it hasn't done so.

Oh, and that favored excuse of weak-minded souls: Blame the Devil if your plan's at risk of being thwarted.

This is an organization I once look up to and admired for its "integrity". More fool me back then.

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

More on the New World Translation REVISED ED.

Letter received.

TO ALL CONGREGATIONS

Re: Pocket-Size New World Translation

Dear Brothers:

In October 2014, it was announced that the pocket-size edition of the New World Translation in English ... It was limited to congregation publishers... the pocket-size edition of the New World Translation in any language in which it is available may now be distributed in the ministry ...

Each of us treasures the valuable gift of the revised New World Translation ...Proper care and treatment of our personal copies reflect our high regard for God’s Word. For example, we endeavor to keep them neat, clean, and dry. By carefully keeping track of our personal copies,...

• The first paragraph is discussing the OLD NWT in pocket size, not the revised ed.
    • The second paragraph is discussing the revised ed.

This is desperation. The WTS is trying to confuse elders and publishers, including in this letter a paragraph extolling the value of the revised edition along with the news of increased availability of the pocket sized OLD edition. They again are trying to make it appear that the NWT and Jah's chariot are moving ahead.

In reality, the letter has nothing to do with the revised edition. The second paragraph should be excluded. It's got nothing to do with the news in the letter.

The letter tells the congo that we can order more of the OLD NWT pocket sized and give them away at the doors AND that we can stock them as a stock item.

Further, they mention "in any language" in the first paragraph. There are no new languages introduced. And few have the pocket size in their language. But nothing is changed.

They plant seeds. And so pubs will run along to the literature dude and ask for the NWT revised in Polish, or Spanish or what the hell ever language and the guy will say it's not available.

And the gullible pub will run along, confused but still loving the GB.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit