GB bites off more than they can chew!

by biblexaminer 56 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• steve2
    steve2

Eyeuse2badub, the only thing I would add to your excellent post is this:

Since the 1870s to the current year, the overwhelming majority of leaders/governing body members have been American born and bred with a striking absence of men of color (with 1 exception - but he's American too!) men from Asiatic and African backgrounds and aboriginal men.

At the top it looks mighty white but as you go further down the ranks, you see disproportionate numbers of people from non-American backgrounds.

So very typical of American religious groups.

• janusfulcrum
    janusfulcrum

It made for a most puzzling study in the non english congregations ( except for those 20 some languages which have the 2013 NWT). Para. 6: five additional instances of God's name. Nope, not in my bible. Para 10: grave instead of sheol at ecclesiastical 9:10. Nope, not in my bible, Still Sheol. Why even have this as a study article if it doesn't apply to a large majority of the audience?

Oh yeah, I get it. "Cuz we don't care!"

• smiddy
    smiddy

Apparently Americans are God`s chosen people in JW land.

I thought the Mormons had that base covered .

I wonder what % of Americans are of the anointed class.?

Maybe coloured witnesses of all races , should take a leaf out of coloured actors to boycott the Oscars and do the same with the Borg.unless they get more representation in the G.B.

Spot on eyes2badub

smiddy

• stillin
    stillin
    Maybe it's just me but the rNWT doesn't seem to be much different from the old NWT. Waste of ink and effort.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

biblexaminer - "GB bites off more than they can chew!"

Very few predators chew.

Most, in fact, swallow their prey whole.

• steve2
    steve2
    Stillin - that's my conclusion also. I think it should be called the NWT "Emperor's" edition - as in 'got no clotnes on'.
  • diana netherton
    diana netherton

That old rascal Satan ruins everything...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit